Note 5 voice commands and sound help

mchecc

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
My first droid in years (kicked that iphone to the curb) but having issues. I want a particular sound for my text and a different or NO sound for my emails. On settings "sound and notification" "ringtones and sounds" whatever I set the "default notifcation sound" for I get on all of the above. If I set it to silent then even if I try to override in "Messages notifications" I get nothing :(

I used siri while I was driving all the time -- I can't get the hang of "Ok google" if I push the button and say "OK Google" I get (sometimes a screen with a microphone) -- then I have to push the microphone to get it to call or text someone If I try to say "ok google text ____" I get the same thing or a weather screen.

help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You can typically change the specific notification tone for an app in that app's own settings. Open the Messaging app, tap Menu>Settings, and look for the notification options. There should be an option to select a different tone. Do the same in the Email app--you should be able to select a different notification tone for each email account.

For OK Google, you can set it to listen for it on any screen, but this can increase battery use. Open Google Now, swipe in from the left, tap Settings>Voice>"OK Google" Detection, and turn on From Any Screen.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers