Did you buy your Note 5 from Best Buy, and receive the free Samsung wireless charger puck? Did you then find that it only charges when it feels like it? Thought so.

After having the issue, and then continuing to have the issue with a replacement Samsung brand wireless charger, I returned it and exchanged it for the TYLT brand one. It cost me $10 extra to do it, but who cares. This thing is really nice and it actually works!

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-17-2015 12:18 PM
    TYLT?

Sent from my Note 5 that I said I wouldn't get but now that I have it I love it.
    09-17-2015 12:34 PM
    Try www.tylt.com. they make all kinds of stuff for cell phones including wireless cgargers. Also available at amazon.

Posted using my Verizon crippled Note 5.
    Harlemknight likes this.
    09-17-2015 12:48 PM
    Did you buy your Note 5 from Best Buy, and receive the free Samsung wireless charger puck? Did you then find that it only charges when it feels like it? Thought so.

After having the issue, and then continuing to have the issue with a replacement Samsung brand wireless charger, I returned it and exchanged it for the TYLT brand one. It cost me $10 extra to do it, but who cares. This thing is really nice and it actually works!

I don't know that all Best Buys will let you do this though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-17-2015 03:11 PM
    Can you post a pic please? So whats the price on the tylt? Also is it fast charge like the Sometimes Samsung?
    09-17-2015 03:12 PM
    I don't know that all Best Buys will let you do this though.

Sure didn't seem to be any issue. Usually they'll need approval from a manager or whatever it a return or exchange is questionable, but she didn't and she was just a regular customer service gal

09-17-2015 03:13 PM
    Sure didn't seem to be any issue. Usually they'll need approval from a manager or whatever, but she didn't and she was just a regular customer service gal

Good to know. I definitely want to try this and see if they let me. I have done the same with exchanging it once, and having the same problem. Will have to see what they say I guess.

09-17-2015 03:14 PM
    Good to know. I definitely want to try this and see if they let me. I have done the same with exchanging it once, and having the same problem. Will have to see what they say I guess.

Make sure you take your receipt of course

Posted via Android Central App
    09-17-2015 05:25 PM
    Make sure you take your receipt of course

Posted via Android Central App
    You got super lucky man. I tried it out but it was a no go. The charger comes up as 0$, so I basically would have been trading in the charger and paying full price for the Tylt. I spoke with the manager about it because they were really trying to help me out to do it. He told me it basically was a bundle deal from Samsung through Best Buy. Samsung sent them the chargers for the promotion so there really wasn't anything they could do except exchange it for another one of the same for me. I took it. Gonna try my third one now. Oh well. He told me one other person went through 5 of them! Brother.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
    09-17-2015 05:45 PM
    The tylt is much like the Spigen one, neither of them works with my case.
    Rumor has it an OS update fixed the issue on t-mobile.
    09-17-2015 06:18 PM
    You got super lucky man. I tried it out but it was a no go. The charger comes up as 0$, so I basically would have been trading in the charger and paying full price for the Tylt. I spoke with the manager about it because they were really trying to help me out to do it. He told me it basically was a bundle deal from Samsung through Best Buy. Samsung sent them the chargers for the promotion so there really wasn't anything they could do except exchange it for another one of the same for me. I took it. Gonna try my third one now. Oh well. He told me one other person went through 5 of them! Brother.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
    Sorry, man. Guess you can buy the TYLT one, and then sell the other one on eBay

09-17-2015 06:27 PM
    Can you post a pic please? So whats the price on the tylt? Also is it fast charge like the Sometimes Samsung?
    I don't have a pic of it, but if you just Google tylt wireless charger, you'll see it. I think they only have one in different colors. It's a stand type charger. It was $59. It charges just as fast as the free Samsung one. Maybe even faster, since that one was having issues. It charges quite fast. Probably not as fast as a "fast charge" enabled charger, like the plug the phone came with or the official Note 5 wireless quick charger, but I really like it and won't be buying anything else, unless I really want two

09-17-2015 06:34 PM
    The latest update fixed the wireless charging issue. At least, the AT&T update did.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    09-17-2015 06:39 PM
    The latest update fixed the wireless charging issue. At least, the AT&T update did.

Hum.....really? That would be interesting if it pans out to be true. I have ATT version, so will give it a go again. I just charged the phone from 60-100% without a problem. But that was the thing with the other ones too, sometimes it would work and sometimes not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    09-17-2015 06:51 PM
    Hum.....really? That would be interesting if it pans out to be true. I have ATT version, so will give it a go again. I just charged the phone from 60-100% without a problem. But that was the thing with the other ones too, sometimes it would work and sometimes not.

It fixed mine. I have been using wireless charger only since the update.

09-17-2015 07:02 PM
    Is this the TYLT VU SOLO or the TYLT VU stand? I had trouble with the TYLY VU and the Galaxy S6 so I got rid of it.
    I have the TYLY VU SOLO and it works fantastic with the Note 5 and Galaxy S6.
    09-17-2015 07:07 PM
    Yeah, the AT&T update improved mine too. Its not 100% effective yet, meaning, I always have to make sure I get the beep before I stop worrying about it. But it works, even with a case one....so its all good.

PS
    09-17-2015 07:33 PM
    Save your money and buy this instead. Works amazing.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00NWM...cUvbUpU4691295
    09-17-2015 07:38 PM
    Ya ll need to be sending the free ones back to Samsung so they know they don't work....

09-17-2015 08:09 PM

Opposite for me. I've been charging 100% for two weeks with the wireless charger. This morning the phone was only at 60% and this is after the AT&T update.

09-17-2015 09:37 PM
    Has anyone tried contacting Samsung customer service and complaining about the free non working wireless chargers?
    09-18-2015 04:16 PM