Samsung Wireless Fast Charger

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The new Samsung Wireless "Fast Charge" puck is now in stock at Samsung. I bought it and just took delivery. Pic attached.

I can confirm that its a bit heavy, apparently has a fan under it because the manual has a diagram of the fan vents (see pic), but i have not heard any fan yet. Lets see if i hear it when i go to bed and its perfectly quiet.

17f09dffad6ec32cb1136e464b317cb9.jpg

I can confirm it charges my phone, however, the charge indicator on the phone simply registers that it is wirelessly charging. It does not tell me if it is wirelessly fast charging. I guess I'll just assume it is. Or better yet I probably am misunderstanding this. Maybe it's just a bigger magnet and it is not Adaptive 2.0 fast charging like the plug in charger. I do note that it comes with an adaptive 2.0 power adaptor and cable. So who knows, point being, the indicator on the phone looks the same as it does with my now-old regular QI wireless charger.

I cannot tell if the multi color led on the charger itself indicates whether it is fast charging. It does turn blue when charging and green when done. I don't know if it would be a different color for fast charge or regular charge. The puck did come with a quick start quite but no other user manual. There is no user manual on the Samsung site either. I just thought that part was odd. So there is no way to know what the lights mean. I'll just assume it's working I guess!

All this typing and I tried it again and sonofabitch this time it registers as charging and then says briefly fast wireless charging in the notification tray and it says fast wireless charging in the pull down notification also. So it works! I love that I can do this now. Charge fast wirelessly. Love my new tech toy!

2068fb27df7bffd475f331cef63fa5b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Did you order from Samsung or pick up in store?

Sent from my Note 5 that I said I wouldn't get but now that I have it I love it.

Jay G63

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
Would like to know if you can use with a commuter otterbox if anybody happens to have one.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

BarryH_GEG

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
The phone indicates if it's fast wireless charging. Both at the start and if you hit the power button while it's on the charger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12