10-27-2017 11:02 AM
73 123
tools
    I guess we can expect all kinds of reactions from people that don't know about the newest technologies out their. I think every time someone walks into a store and is going to use Samsung pay have another person record the cashier's reaction and then someone should start a thread with Samsung Pay reactions, so anyone can post peoples reactions on it.
    09-18-2015 03:01 PM
    I haven't even tried at a gas station yet since you've got to insert the card at the ones near me. Does it work at the pump?!?
    09-18-2015 03:11 PM
    I haven't even tried at a gas station yet since you've got to insert the card at the ones near me. Does it work at the pump?!?
    It doesn't from what I have read.
    09-18-2015 04:42 PM
    Don't think it works at places where you need to slide the card inwards, so most gas stations, atm machines, and parking ticket payment stations
    09-18-2015 07:26 PM
    Like the NFL announcers calling the Microsoft Surface an iPad. Like those two have anything in common.
    Considering that NFL announcers don't even see the game in front of them what would one expect.
    Delirious D likes this.
    09-18-2015 07:46 PM
    I'm generally not a fan of Samsung, but it really seems like they have a winning proposition with Samsung Pay... As long as they can convince people there's more than just Apple Pay.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-19-2015 02:25 AM
    Such a great story, I can almost picture the reactions from those working there. Since I am new to Android and have not used these type of pay services it is something I will look into, thanks for the laugh.
    09-19-2015 03:13 AM
    awesome! glad to hear that Samsung Pay works...

Samsung Tab S 10.5 // Samsung Note 4 (T-Mobile) --> 32g on-board + 64g Samsung SD card
    09-19-2015 07:52 AM
    No, it does not work at the pump. I tried it. It only works on ones that you slide the card down the reader.

That being said, I used it at Wendy's this morning, and had to get into a 5 minute debate, on how I did not hack their reader. The manager seen me put my phone next to it and process the order. He immediately came over and said, "I'm going to call the police. I just watched you not use a card and hack my reader with your phone." Even though their reader was also set up for NFC tap and pay. I told him that I could assure that I did not hack. He kept yelling at me saying I did.

Well I don't like being yelled at so, at this point, I picked up his card reader and showed him the tap and pay icon. And at this point my response was, "Sir, respectfully, you're a dummy (it censors out the word i d i ot lol). I'm surprised that someone in your position as Store Manager would be properly trained in the equipment that you use. No wonder this establishment is going downhill fast. Leadership means train by example. The only example I see here for your crew, is that you are showing them how NOT to treat customers. Go ahead if you will, call the police, while I call your corporate office and explain how you dont even know how to use your equipment." At this point he HIMSELF called corporate to prove me wrong, and asked about Tap and pay. His crew watched as his face went from anger to the "I'm a dummy" look. At least he was man enough to come back and apologize. He even gave me a free frosty, not that it goes great with breakfast, but hey, free is free. Lol

Sent from my:

Beautiful Note V
    64 GB
    Black Sapphire
    PT Platinum Case
    Stylus inserted correctly
    Paired with Samsung Gear 2 Neo
    Sprint PCS
    09-19-2015 09:49 AM
    I wouldn't dream of trying to use Samsung Pay where I live. #1 There's a larger percent of non-tech people, than tech. #2 I can guarantee you that they haven't upgraded their equipment in a decade. #3 They would probably think I'm trying to do card skimming or something and call the cops.

We might be ready for the tech, but the populace at large is still in the 20th century on ancient "tech".
    09-19-2015 04:19 PM
    someone should start a thread with Samsung Pay reactions, so anyone can post peoples reactions on it.
    I'd like to see pics of their reactions in the moment.
    09-19-2015 04:22 PM
    Lol the Note 5 does not look like an iphone IMO...idk how people would get it confused
    Don't forget, the less then technically inclined had news broadcasts and full reviews about how the s6 and s6 edge looked like the iPhone 6. They don't know much...

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
    PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear
    09-19-2015 04:53 PM
    Don't forget, the less then technically inclined had news broadcasts and full reviews about how the s6 and s6 edge looked like the iPhone 6. They don't know much...

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
    PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear
    Right. How can you miss the big round hole button? Or the tiny off center camera? If it's the same size as an iphone, it must be an iPhone. So if it doesn't work on iphone, it must not work on ANY phone...tragic

debdroid1a and Gray Area like this.
    09-19-2015 05:04 PM
    You have far more patience than I do, if you got bad service from a manager at a place where they ought to know better. I couldn't even take a free anything after that. I appreciate someone admitting when they're wrong, but really?

It's OK that folks don't know much about the Samsung thing...but not knowing you have tap to pay and acting like that towards a customer, regardless is BS. Given that I had the time, I would simply let the guy call the police and meanwhile, look up the article that disproves him, so that he looks even more like a jerk.
    09-20-2015 01:39 AM
    I would like to be talented enough to hack a card reader with my cellphone. Lol

09-20-2015 11:15 PM
    dude , you better leave that away , life is more valuable than samsung pay
    09-21-2015 04:22 AM
    I'm sure once Samsung pay is available for everybody, Samsung will be pumping out commercials left and rite... Ppl will know very soon

09-21-2015 07:23 AM
    Great stories here!

I'm generally not a fan of Samsung, but it really seems like they have a winning proposition with Samsung Pay... As long as they can convince people there's more than just Apple Pay.
    I never was a big Samsung fan either. I have no problem with them; I just always liked pure Android like Nexus or Motorola.

However, my wife will likely be switching from Moto X to S6 or S6 Edge. The only reason is for what this thread is about: Samsung Pay! She loves using tap-to-pay, but not many stores have NFC readers yet. Samsung takes care of that problem.
    r56mcs and drone3 like this.
    09-21-2015 07:45 AM
    I'm sure once Samsung pay is available for everybody, Samsung will be pumping out commercials left and rite... Ppl will know very soon.
    Darwm, erasat and kevinpleasants like this.
    09-21-2015 08:49 AM
    I'm thinking it's designed not to [but anything is possible] as using a cell phone while you pump gas is considered a safety hazard and discouraged.
    09-21-2015 11:14 AM
    yea ive been using google wallet for over a year but its like most cashiers don't know how to fully process tha payment. so the manager has to come over almost every time. it seems stupid to me that a company makes the decision to accept mobile payment but doesn't train their employees. now even with apple pay on tha market they still have no clue how to do it.
    09-21-2015 07:57 PM
    That is a funny story and its also what you get at Taco Bell employee's. Seriously the one by my office is packed all day, everyday, especially at lunch and dinner time. I guess being the "Manager" isn't what it used to be.
    09-21-2015 08:27 PM
    Got accepted into the beta, none of my 3 cards currently are supported...

09-21-2015 09:13 PM
    So the funniest thing happened to me today
    I was at Costco and told the cashier I was going to pay with my phone....of course he said "thats not gonna work here", so when it worked he was like "what in the hell holy [language removed by mod]" and called his manager and explained what happened, then they were like I want that phone LOL oh man reactions are priceless
    09-23-2015 05:07 PM
    LMAO!!! That's exactly how I feel..........
    They are all overrated. I carry both an iPhone and a Galaxy both the newest Verizon has to offer they are equal in almost every way. The galaxy is better because I can pay nearly anywhere and the screen is prettier. It's worse because it's slow as **** and freezes up constantly and if I drop it the screen is done period dot end. My iPhone is better because it works every time I pull it out because it's battery last twice as long as my galaxy and because when I drop it the case actually saves it. It is not better because I can't customize it as much as I'd like. That's really about all it's missing

So overall they are both extremely overrated but the iPhone is the least overrated and scores best overall. As a customer service agent for a cellphone company I must say the trend also goes in favor of Apple. I've had maybe two people call in telling me their iPhones don't work and I can't even count the number of Samsung/Motorola customers who call in screaming or literally crying because their phone "sucks so bad they want to kill themselves". You can't really act like either company is better. Especially not from the android side of things. They are pretty equal
    12-07-2015 10:37 AM
73 123