10-27-2017 11:02 AM
73 123
tools
    One day I went to Chipotle. I tried paying with my phone and ended up being disrespected by half of the Chipotle workers on duty. I called their corporate and they apologized for their associates behavior. I ended up getting a free burrito card and they said they will train someone for Samsung Pay in the future.
    crawfojj likes this.
    12-07-2015 12:02 PM
    Won't work with my bank at this time.
    12-07-2015 06:55 PM
    Haha awesome story. I gotta get o. The bandwagon

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-07-2015 08:09 PM
    Lol the Note 5 does not look like an iphone IMO...idk how people would get it confused
    I use a case. Most people think I have the 6 plus. When asked about my "Apple watch" I always reply "it's glitchy - wish I bought a Samsung watch"

Even if it works an employee has the right to say we do not accept phone purchases imo. I would never pay with a phone without at least getting permission to try as in op.
    12-08-2015 11:06 AM
    I get same thing in every cvs,, same exact story, tell me I'm wasting my time,, tell me 'apple pay won't work' tell me I can't pay with my phone. Then I do and everyone is in awe.
    12-08-2015 05:49 PM
    Simular thing happened to me sunday lol so im at a 7eleven full of police officers at 1030pm. I left my wallet in the car so i used samsung pay and they guy at the counter thought i was hacking thwir system lol. But the police behind me had s6 and were planning to do the same thing, so all i had to put uo with was angry arabs asking to see the transaction of my banking app.

Im glad someone else had it worse than me lol

12-08-2015 08:32 PM
    So I have been hearing so much talking about people using Samsung pay at gas stations. So yesterday I decided to try something different and new Samsung pay at a parking meter. To make a long story short, I was little lazy my phone was in my hand. One thing led to another and I put my phone up against the card slot on the card reader and tadaa it worked.

Galaxy Note 5 and what not
    Attached Thumbnails Used Samsung Pay, almost got arrested-9466.jpg ย 
    zmann likes this.
    12-09-2015 07:56 AM
    Yeah, my son tried it here in Los Angeles, and we were both blown away to find out that it worked!

Didn't know it works at gas stations, though!

Lov'in Samsung Pay!
    12-09-2015 08:36 AM
    Wish this supported Capital One. Right now I can't use it. Wish they'd stop dragging their feet. Useless app at the moment for me.
    DvineMzM likes this.
    12-09-2015 08:53 AM
    Nick,

I also have a Capital One Credit Card and I'm waiting for Samsung to integrate it into their app so I can delete the mobile wallet app from Capital One. In the mean time, Capital One has a mobile application that allows you to perform NFC purchases. Now that's not a lot of stores off the top of your head that may support it but it's better than nothing.
    12-09-2015 10:50 AM
    Yeah, my son tried it here in Los Angeles, and we were both blown away to find out that it worked!

Didn't know it works at gas stations, though!

Lov'in Samsung Pay!
    How did you guys get it to work? Did you put a dummy card near it.
    12-09-2015 10:51 AM
    I still don't know how to use it. I tried to use it once but it didn't work. I. Not sure whether it wasn't the right type of machine or I'm just slow. Lol
    12-09-2015 10:54 AM
    wow, that's awesome!
    I hope Capital One does get on board soon for those that have it. Luckily I have AMEX and that works great.
    12-09-2015 11:45 AM
    looks like Samsung just added a few more cards!

got this:
    Used Samsung Pay, almost got arrested-screenshot_2015-12-09-11-29-09.jpg
    12-09-2015 12:34 PM
    Yeah, anything you have to insert then remove it does not work according to Samsung. Then again, none them do.
    12-10-2015 05:19 PM
    Wow! According to Samsung, it's not supposed to! Very cool!!
    12-10-2015 05:21 PM
    Thanks for your subjective opinion.
    12-10-2015 05:32 PM
    Nick,

I also have a Capital One Credit Card and I'm waiting for Samsung to integrate it into their app so I can delete the mobile wallet app from Capital One. In the mean time, Capital One has a mobile application that allows you to perform NFC purchases. Now that's not a lot of stores off the top of your head that may support it but it's better than nothing.
    It's Capital One that has to get on board, not Samsung Pay. Since Samsung Pay utilizes both NFC and MST I would think these credit card companies/banks would be joining faster than they are since it will work with far more terminals than the other pay systems do.
    12-10-2015 06:13 PM
    Went into HH Gregg today to grab a microwave. Got to the desk and told the guy I would like to pay for it with my phone.

Sales guy: That is not gonna work because we did not get those new terminals yet. We are suppose to get them next year but who knows.

Me: Step aside sir.

(Put my finger print in Samsung Pay, place phone by swipe part of the terminal and... Bing!)

Sales Guy: Holy S&*@! It worked. Says I need a 4 digit number from you.

Gave him the number, and sale was complete.

Sales Guy: Hey man, you taught me something new today. I am gonna have to look in to getting that.

Me: Yeah, is pretty cool!

Note 5 Samsung Pay FTW

12-11-2015 03:39 PM
    Works every time haha. Love the face on people who don't know about it, but even better when someone with an iPhone says 'so can I use that on mine?'. Turns out it doesn't just happen on the ads! Haha.

I guess their faces would be even more dumbfounded if you used a Coin 2.0 card. That thing would even baffle me.
    12-11-2015 03:43 PM
    I know....I get a huge kick out of people that don't know about it. Especially those that are like oh that won't work here....I'm like yes it will! LOVE Samsung pay.
    12-12-2015 05:48 AM
    LOL awesome story! I just used Samsung Pay for the first time on my Galaxy S8 at Starbucks yesterday and I got so excited when it worked that I squealed out loud and clapped ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    10-03-2017 10:07 AM
    Well, I wrote this blurb 2 years ago. Since that time, I got disenchanted with the device and moved on. Spend time on Windows phone with their wallet app and on iPhone with the 7 and 8 and apple pay. Apple pay is pretty good and will work almost anywhere. Then the Note 8 came out. Several of my friends tried the Note...and raved about it. I was trying to decide what to do...get the Note 8 or the Pixel 2xl. So I did what any phone freak would do. I bought both. I have my note now, and the 2xl next week.

So, I visited a restaurant in the mall last week and tried apple pay. Way messed up. Yesterday I walked in with my new Note and Samsung pay. Yeah I tried it. Yeah they laughed at me...glutton for punishment they said. Then it beeped. The cashier...the same one from last week, called the manager over. Said, he couldn't get it to work last week, but it works now. I thought it wasn't turned on. Manager looks at me and asks...what did you do. I said, let me show you...reached over and grabbed a bottle of water, grabbed my phone, did the thingy, and ding...it worked. Of course, I got the complimentary lecture about apple pay doesn't work yet. I replied, again, if this was Apple pay I would not have tried. Told him about Samsung Pay and the new NOTE. Manager, a fountain of wisdom he was, replied, strange, doesn't look like an iPhone. I knew I would never eat there again.

And thats how Samsung Pay and the new Note 8, cost me my favorite restaurant in the local Mall.

PS
    10-27-2017 11:02 AM
73 123