Used Samsung Pay, almost got arrested

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure once Samsung pay is available for everybody, Samsung will be pumping out commercials left and rite... Ppl will know very soon

Posted via the Android Central App

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Great stories here!

I'm generally not a fan of Samsung, but it really seems like they have a winning proposition with Samsung Pay... As long as they can convince people there's more than just Apple Pay.

I never was a big Samsung fan either. I have no problem with them; I just always liked pure Android like Nexus or Motorola.

However, my wife will likely be switching from Moto X to S6 or S6 Edge. The only reason is for what this thread is about: Samsung Pay! She loves using tap-to-pay, but not many stores have NFC readers yet. Samsung takes care of that problem.

galaxyfive

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I haven't even tried at a gas station yet since you've got to insert the card at the ones near me. Does it work at the pump?!?

I'm thinking it's designed not to [but anything is possible] as using a cell phone while you pump gas is considered a safety hazard and discouraged.

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
yea ive been using google wallet for over a year but its like most cashiers don't know how to fully process tha payment. so the manager has to come over almost every time. it seems stupid to me that a company makes the decision to accept mobile payment but doesn't train their employees. now even with apple pay on tha market they still have no clue how to do it.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
That is a funny story and its also what you get at Taco Bell employee's. Seriously the one by my office is packed all day, everyday, especially at lunch and dinner time. I guess being the "Manager" isn't what it used to be.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So the funniest thing happened to me today
I was at Costco and told the cashier I was going to pay with my phone....of course he said "thats not gonna work here", so when it worked he was like "what in the hell holy [language removed by mod]" and called his manager and explained what happened, then they were like I want that phone LOL oh man reactions are priceless

Last edited by a moderator:

AidenGraham

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
LMAO!!! That's exactly how I feel..........

They are all overrated. I carry both an iPhone and a Galaxy both the newest Verizon has to offer they are equal in almost every way. The galaxy is better because I can pay nearly anywhere and the screen is prettier. It's worse because it's slow as **** and freezes up constantly and if I drop it the screen is done period dot end. My iPhone is better because it works every time I pull it out because it's battery last twice as long as my galaxy and because when I drop it the case actually saves it. It is not better because I can't customize it as much as I'd like. That's really about all it's missing

So overall they are both extremely overrated but the iPhone is the least overrated and scores best overall. As a customer service agent for a cellphone company I must say the trend also goes in favor of Apple. I've had maybe two people call in telling me their iPhones don't work and I can't even count the number of Samsung/Motorola customers who call in screaming or literally crying because their phone "sucks so bad they want to kill themselves". You can't really act like either company is better. Especially not from the android side of things. They are pretty equal

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
One day I went to Chipotle. I tried paying with my phone and ended up being disrespected by half of the Chipotle workers on duty. I called their corporate and they apologized for their associates behavior. I ended up getting a free burrito card and they said they will train someone for Samsung Pay in the future.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Lol the Note 5 does not look like an iphone IMO...idk how people would get it confused
I use a case. Most people think I have the 6 plus. When asked about my "Apple watch" I always reply "it's glitchy - wish I bought a Samsung watch"

Even if it works an employee has the right to say we do not accept phone purchases imo. I would never pay with a phone without at least getting permission to try as in op.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I get same thing in every cvs,, same exact story, tell me I'm wasting my time,, tell me 'apple pay won't work' tell me I can't pay with my phone. Then I do and everyone is in awe.

tubbz the bull

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Simular thing happened to me sunday lol so im at a 7eleven full of police officers at 1030pm. I left my wallet in the car so i used samsung pay and they guy at the counter thought i was hacking thwir system lol. But the police behind me had s6 and were planning to do the same thing, so all i had to put uo with was angry arabs asking to see the transaction of my banking app.

Im glad someone else had it worse than me lol

Posted via the Android Central App

mari dub

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Surprised once again with Samsung Pay!!!

So I have been hearing so much talking about people using Samsung pay at gas stations. So yesterday I decided to try something different and new Samsung pay at a parking meter. To make a long story short, I was little lazy my phone was in my hand. One thing led to another and I put my phone up against the card slot on the card reader and tadaa it worked.

Galaxy Note 5 and what not

Attachments

• 9466.jpg
    9466.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 69

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Surprised once again with Samsung Pay!!!

Yeah, my son tried it here in Los Angeles, and we were both blown away to find out that it worked!

Didn't know it works at gas stations, though!

Lov'in Samsung Pay!

Nick Brennan

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site

Wish this supported Capital One. Right now I can't use it. Wish they'd stop dragging their feet. Useless app at the moment for me.

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site

Nick,

I also have a Capital One Credit Card and I'm waiting for Samsung to integrate it into their app so I can delete the mobile wallet app from Capital One. In the mean time, Capital One has a mobile application that allows you to perform NFC purchases. Now that's not a lot of stores off the top of your head that may support it but it's better than nothing.