09-23-2015 09:23 PM
48 12
tools
    Note 5 consume so many power to run software. You need powerbank to keep charged, This is most of common issue with all Android phones. Phone like Moto are claiming high performance for battery, but still they need twice charging for same.
    09-20-2015 05:50 AM
    Mostly will depend on the amount of usage I do and how good a cell service I am in. Average days I charge 1x in a 24 hrs period other days I may top it off in 16 hours. I'm never far from a place that I can't utilize the fast charging capabilities of the phone and if I am I can always utilize the ultra power saving mode.

I wouldn't worry too much about the battery life of this phone, there's just no reason to not with the extra power banks available and how good the phone is to begin with.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5
    09-20-2015 06:53 AM
    Once every 24 hrs. Unless i will be out about. Then i make sure my batt is at 100% lol even if its at 90%.

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...
    09-20-2015 09:29 AM
    Take mine off the charger at 3 am and will last me all day till I go to bed. Usually around 10pm. Not a ton of use till early afternoon. Used the package disabler and turned off a couple things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    09-20-2015 09:45 AM
    I can't kill this battery at all.. Full day use easily

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-20-2015 11:40 AM
    I am using 150% to 180% depending on the day so I definitely have to top off a few times a day I am kinda a heavy user though and don't use battery saving features.

09-20-2015 11:53 AM
    I do mine on slow charger at night and then keep my fast charger in my truck and give it a quick fast charger on drives here and there.

Seems to work out well. Sometimes I don't charge at night and I lose Almay be 1 or 2 % overnight

Also have the wireless puck on my desk and put it on there and sometimes that works

09-20-2015 03:58 PM
    Note 5 consume so many power to run software. You need powerbank to keep charged, This is most of common issue with all Android phones. Phone like Moto are claiming high performance for battery, but still they need twice charging for same.
    That's not the case with the Note 5. It's battery life is outstanding!
    09-20-2015 07:28 PM
    I charge my Note 5 before bed. Whatever time I wake up, my moderate to heavy use keeps up with the battery. I'm running on 12 hours right now at 32 percent, and I haven't charged it at all today. It's a good battery.

09-20-2015 07:57 PM
    Normally I get 12-16 hours on one charge

09-20-2015 07:58 PM
    That is terrific some folks are touting 12+ hours on a single charge before bedtime! I guess it's all relative depending on usage. When I had my Note 5, I had to charge it around 12p, then 5p before I leave my office, then again before bedtime, so 3X/day. When driving, I was always connected to the car charger. On wknds, I always made sure it was 100% before I leave my house.
    09-20-2015 08:22 PM
    That is terrific some folks are touting 12+ hours on a single charge before bedtime! I guess it's all relative depending on usage. When I had my Note 5, I had to charge it around 12p, then 5p before I leave my office, then again before bedtime, so 3X/day. When driving, I was always connected to the car charger. On wknds, I always made sure it was 100% before i left my house.
    I got a Note 5 and I got a 2nd one for someone else on my account. They had the EXACT issue you are talking about because they are on Facebook(Proper, Messenger, and Groups), texting, and watching youtube all the time. Samsung trimmed the apps down but still a lot you can't undo, so have to make sure you disable whatever you don't use and can't uninstall, unistall the rest that you don't. Then need to tweak the refresh rates on apps and what can use cell data, as some things you don't want using anything but wifi (Personally this is my backup apps I install for specific personal needs). It took her from every 3 hours to getting from 7am until 5pm (But it is usage and this is longer than her Note 4 or her S4 prior to that).

Another factor is if you are on wifi or on cell all day. I find when you are on cell because it is checking towers, it causes loss of battery more. Brightness and usage are other issues, like my friend who won't turn the brightness down and even with a tablet uses her phone more, there is a limit to how good a battery tweak can help.
    09-20-2015 09:11 PM
    I got a Note 5 and I got a 2nd one for someone else on my account. They had the EXACT issue you are talking about because they are on Facebook(Proper, Messenger, and Groups), texting, and watching youtube all the time. Samsung trimmed the apps down but still a lot you can't undo, so have to make sure you disable whatever you don't use and can't uninstall, unistall the rest that you don't. Then need to tweak the refresh rates on apps and what can use cell data, as some things you don't want using anything but wifi (Personally this is my backup apps I install for specific personal needs). It took her from every 3 hours to getting from 7am until 5pm (But it is usage and this is longer than her Note 4 or her S4 prior to that).

Another factor is if you are on wifi or on cell all day. I find when you are on cell because it is checking towers, it causes loss of battery more. Brightness and usage are other issues, like my friend who won't turn the brightness down and even with a tablet uses her phone more, there is a limit to how good a battery tweak can help.
    Yup, thanks. I find when I had my Note 5, I had to be extra deligent to tweak several things and made consessions to improve the battery life. But honestly, no matter what I did, my type of usage was beyond what it was capable, thus the 3X/day charge. Kudos to those who only need 1 charge per day!
    msndrstood likes this.
    09-20-2015 09:39 PM
    Yup, thanks. I find when I had my Note 5, I had to be extra deligent to tweak several things and made consessions to improve the battery life. But honestly, no matter what I did, my type of usage was beyond what it was capable, thus the 3X/day charge. Kudos to those who only need 1 charge per day!
    What phone did you end up with? Sounds like you need something with swappable batteries.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    09-20-2015 11:07 PM
    I use my phone heavily so I technically charge it in full once a day, but that is made up of a 30% charge in the morning and a 60-80% charge at night before I sleep.
    09-21-2015 12:40 AM
    What phone did you end up with? Sounds like you need something with swappable batteries.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    You are indeed correct, I reverted to my TMobile Note 4, but replaced it with a newer build from 5.0.1 to 5.1.1. Performance has been on par with my former Note 5, and I always need to swap 1 battery/day, I suspect the same with my former Note 5 if it had the swappable battery feature.
    09-21-2015 02:56 AM
    I've just used it for 4 days, but I can tell you it lasts all day. I use it all the time, and the lowest I've gotten to is 20% like at 9:30 pm.

It's fantastic to feel free about battery anxiety.
    Sammuel1973 and macklearn like this.
    09-21-2015 07:32 PM
    I charge throughout the day whenever I get a chance.

I'm up at 5:30 and on the way to work by 7:30. So I charge on my 45 minute drive then I'm on the road from one location to another a few times during the day, so I charge again as I travel. If I'm in my office for any length of time, l may charge then. It goes on the wireless charger next to my bed at night and is my alarm clock.

If it gets close to 50% and I can charge, I do. Why not, it's not going to hurt anything. If it does, it will probably not be until close to time for the Note 6 and I'll just be upgrading anyway.

09-21-2015 08:27 PM
    Only 1 time everyday. Basically when I go to sleep then I insert it onto the charge.
    09-21-2015 08:31 PM
    Usually only one time a day for me. I can make it through a full day of work and then some. That's with about 2 or more hours of calls and 2 or more hours of SOT plus music streaming. I'm currently running on my longest single charge (19 hours) since owning the device. Battery has been pretty good to me once I started using the device how I normally would instead of being obsessed with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    09-22-2015 02:10 AM
    I charge it Twice a day. I do about 2.5-3hrs mix of facebook,youtube,instagram,gaming,worldstarhiphop,etc with wifi on while doing this and the rest of the day a few calls here and there and texting. Def not happy with battery life i only get 4-5hrs screen on time by 10% of battery life.
    09-22-2015 02:34 PM
    I recharge once a day at the most, most times it is every other day.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    09-23-2015 02:50 PM
    I also recharge my note 5 once a day. But at my workstation, i have a spigen wireless charger stand, so it's not my issue at all.
    09-23-2015 09:23 PM
48 12