Why is Cell Standby using the majority of my battery?

assmodius

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Got a new 64 Gb Note 5 from Verizon yesterday and today it's been bleeding juice while locked.

Adding a screenshot of my battery usage.

Help?

Attachments

• Cell services.jpg
    Cell services.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 73

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Install gsam. It looks from the screen shot that you have a weak signal which could cause high cell drainage

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Got a new 64 Gb Note 5 from Verizon yesterday and today it's been bleeding juice while locked.

Help?

I haven't seen your screen shot but can tell you that nothing will work... I mean you can disable all you want... It won't work. As long as you have WiFi on... It will drain your battery. Hopefully Verizon will fix this... But for now you can disable all you want... Nothing will help.

jlilnc14

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Help?

I had the same thing happened on my Verizon note 5. I had to return it for a new one. Now it's not that high but still shows cell standby. A lot better.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note - Some posts have been cleaned. If you have nothing constructive to say please just move on.

Thanks.

Last edited:

tripjnj

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
I got the same phone from Verizon about 3 weeks ago and had similar issues at first. Note that the problem is on WIFI only. I am not sure why, but for some reason it seems to have diminished over time. Looking at it right now after being on WIFI in my house for about 6 hours, cell standby is at 3%. It used to hover around 25-30%. My cell signal at the moment is hovering between 2-3 bars. Your screenshot shows only 1 bar, so that could be the issue.
I tried disabling HD calling and that didn't make any difference so now I keep it on. You can't be on a call and use data at the same time if you don't have it enabled!
Another thing I did was follow the De-bloating thread on XDA forums. Installing Package Disabler Pro and disabling a bunch of bloat has increased batter life, and who knows, maybe helped with this standby as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay