Groupon has a special going on for the wireless charger.

Not a bad deal.

Posted via the Android Central App using the AT&T Note 5, 64GB
    09-18-2015 10:12 PM
    Here is the offer. I forgot to include the picture in the post, sorry.

09-18-2015 10:14 PM
    Here is the picture

Attached Thumbnails Groupon Coupon - Wireless Charger-14799.jpg  
    09-18-2015 10:15 PM
    It doesn't include the wall charger or USB cable and is gray market so has no Samsung warranty. The vendor, whoever that is, guarantees it for 90 days.
    09-18-2015 10:23 PM
    That one doesn't come with a plug or cord, you'd have to buy it separate.

There is a 34.99 one that says comes with 2A charger.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    09-18-2015 10:25 PM
    It doesn't include the wall charger or USB cable and is gray market so has no Samsung warranty. The vendor, whoever that is, guarantees it for 90 days.
    For the price it isn't a bad deal.

09-19-2015 01:42 AM
    For the price it isn't a bad deal.

When you think about it, who sells a charger, that doesn't actually have the outlet plug and cord?

Just seems shady.
    09-19-2015 02:32 PM
    When you think about it, who sells a charger, that doesn't actually have the outlet plug and cord?

Just seems shady.
    Its Groupon. They seem very reliable.

09-19-2015 02:45 PM
    Especially when you can get it for $37.99 at Walmart and B&H Photo and the latter doesn't charge tax. I wonder how many Groupon purchasers even read the description? You also need to use a 5V/2A charger otherwise the puck flashes a warning. We'll probably see lots of posts asking "why is my charger's indicator light flashing greenish blue?" soon.

Also, the more expensive fast charger includes a 9V/1.67A wall charger and thicker USB cable so you can fast charge the phone via USB when you're not using it with the puck. It's also air cooled to keep temperatures down which the original puck isn't. That's got to be better in the long run for both the puck and the phone.

Value is in the eye of the beholder.
    09-19-2015 03:03 PM
    Especially when you can get it for $37.99 at Walmart and B&H Photo and the latter doesn't charge tax. I wonder how many Groupon purchasers even read the description? Use also need to use a 5V/2A charger otherwise the puck flashes a warning. We'll probably see lots of posts asking "why is my charger's indicator light flashing greenish blue?" soon.

Also, the more expensive fast charger includes a 9V/1.67A wall charger and thicker USB cable so you can fast charge the phone via USB when you're not using it with the puck. It's also air cooled to keep temperatures down which the original puck isn't. That's got to be better in the long run for both the puck and the phone.

Value is in the eye of the beholder.
    When it comes to Groupon, you need your eyes to be very very good..... For some reason people like them, but their products are always crap, or some weird stipulation like this puck with no cord......... People get blinded by thinking they are getting a great deal, yet if they would use their heads for a second, and a little logic, they would realize something is wrong

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    09-19-2015 03:06 PM
    When it comes to Groupon, you need your eyes to be very very good.
    It says in the listing these are "international" and warrantied for 90 days by the "vendor." So with the strong dollar some third party imported a bunch of Asian pucks with no Samsung warranty and listed them with Groupon. In some markets the puck doesn't come with the wall charger and USB cord and are priced lower than here in the U.S. because of it.

Not only will people be surprised when they don't have a charger and USB cable in the box many think they're buying the fast charger. I see lots of disappointment in some folks future. As they say, "if it sounds too good to be true it most likely is."
    09-19-2015 03:13 PM
    No point in buying any wireless charger or car charger at this point unless it's fast charging. It's so cheap because they're probably being clearanced and the vendor doesn't want to be stuck with them when no one wants them soon.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    09-19-2015 05:42 PM