Am i the only one with battery issues?

mwilliams1985

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I just got my Note 5 on Tuesday and already I'm at 24% battery after an 8 hour shift. Light web browsing, no games, no video other than fb videos. All the benchmarks I've seen, show I should get 16hours of battery life on web browsing.

I have gps off.
No wifi at work so its off.
Screen dimmed to 10% brightness.
Account Sync is off.
And i have dropped 2% while typing this out.
And power saving mode is enabled

I just think I have a bad battery. The phone was at 1% when the salesman unboxed it. I know lithium batteries depreciate when they get ran that low. Should i take the phone back and exchange it for another?

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I just got my Note 5 on Tuesday and already I'm at 24% battery after an 8 hour shift. Light web browsing, no games, no video other than fb videos. All the benchmarks I've seen, show I should get 16hours of battery life on web browsing.

I have gps off.
No wifi at work so its off.
Screen dimmed to 10% brightness.
Account Sync is off.
And i have dropped 2% while typing this out.
And power saving mode is enabled

I just think I have a bad battery. The phone was at 1% when the salesman unboxed it. I know lithium batteries depreciate when they get ran that low. Should i take the phone back and exchange it for another?

Install these apps

Doze to control standby time https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.yirgalab.dzzz&token=uXt9hpuT

And Greenify to stop battery hogs https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify&token=XdwLKIVj

dreaming of electric sheep

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Bkayrac

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Forget that. He just got the phone. None of that is necessary this early on. Clearly, this is defective.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Or he works in a place with god awful signal, it's not unheard of to have a low signal constantly for 8 hours to eat 75% of the battery......Especially if it's on the edge of lte, and keeps going in/out.

mwilliams1985

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Lte is pretty solid in my workplace and near my house. Battery just drops constantly. I'm at the store now trying to get it replaced. Guaranteed to catch some flak.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Return asap. 1% when it was opened was a warning sign. It should have had a lot more than that when new. These things haven't been sitting around for months since the device is brand new.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11