For those that upgraded from Note 4 to Note 5 - Is it worth it?

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
My upgrade is coming up this week and I'm torn on which phone to get.
I have the Note 4 now but I'm 50-50 on upgrading to the Note 5. I can live with the non expandable memory but the Battery is a concern for me.
I may consider getting an iPhone 6S+ instead this time as I may need a few iPhone only apps but it's only a consideration or, I may just wait til next year.

So I wanted to get your final thoughts for those that have upgraded from the Note 4 to Note 5, was it worth it? Any regrets? Should I just jump in with both feet?

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Using a Note 5 and my battery life is pretty darn good - monitor with GSam to find any issues.
I also use an Iphone 6+ and between the two I far prefer the Note. The iPhone is for a few specific work apps.

My vote: Note 5 :cool:

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I say buy the Note 5, use it for 13 days and then return it if you're not satisfied.
In addition, if you do move to an iPhone 6\6s, etc., remember, you can't install launchers and configure at your hearts desire like you can on Android ;)

I have the Note 4 now but I'm 50-50 on upgrading to the Note 5. I can live with the non expandable memory but the Battery is a concern for me.
I may consider getting an iPhone 6S+ instead this time as I may need a few iPhone only apps but it's only a consideration or, I may just wait til next year.

So I wanted to get your final thoughts for those that have upgraded from the Note 4 to Note 5, was it worth it? Any regrets? Should I just jump in with both feet?

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Why are you torn?

Are you not happy with your Note 4?

What iPhone only apps do you have to have?

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5

Budgetmedic

May 22, 2010
Visit site
If you are like me and want the nicest and newest, then absolutely upgrade to the Note 5.
This is BY FAR the smoothest Android experience I have had with a phone. I dipped a toe into the iOS world for a few months at the end of last year, and I find the Note 5 is just as smooth and fast...or even more so... than the iPhone 6 Plus I had.
Unless you really want or need the app ecosystem from iOS, or like myself was curious to see what the competition had to offer, I see no reason to switch.
Alternatively, you could always stick with your Note 4 and see what is up around the bend for the holiday season!

Oh... and the screen... The best screen on any device out right now if you ask me. It is better than the Note 4 even though they are the same resolution.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is the same if not better on my note 5

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

doublestack1

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Have a Note 4 and thinking about the upgrade to the Note 5. My biggest issue with the Note 4 is the low ear piece volume while on calls. How is the volume on the Note 5? Is it significantly louder than the 4? Ear piece specifically. thank you

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

I'm about to be in the same boat. I'm not sure what to do.

[T-Mobile]→ Note 4 - 32 gigs + 64 gig Samsung SD card

Nathan Innocent

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I used to own a Note 4. I don't regret upgrading one bit. First, my battery on my Note 4 wouldn't last a day, but on my Note 5, it lasts for 15 hours of heavy use. TouchWiz is a lot smoother on the Note 5 versus the Note 4 with that extra GB of ram. I use the S-Pen a lot when looking over class lecture notes and it feels like a pen and that irresistible clicking sounds....satisfying. I also like the camera and I shoot some photos with raw editing. For example, here's a shot earlier from my phone of my Car. The design makes the device feel premium. It's worth the upgrade, but be prepared to throw money on a screen protector and/or case. (Otterbein symmetry is a great choice).

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 603.jpg
    603.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 137

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

I get more than a 12 hr. day with my Note 5. The Note 5 new features and upgraded features are well worth the upgrade from the Note 4. While I love my Note 4, now my spare, the Note 5 is definitely a more powerful machine. The speed of the Samsung processor and internal fast memory is really a boon. The improved S pen functions put this smartphone in a league of its own as far as multitasking and using it for business.

DrakeVM

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I have a note 5, and yes, it's worth it and amazing. The fingerprint sensor is so much better, in case you want to use samsung pay, or Android pay, plus, marshmallow will have native fingerprint support, so there's that

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae