10-26-2015 10:19 AM
41 12
tools
    My upgrade is coming up this week and I'm torn on which phone to get.
    I have the Note 4 now but I'm 50-50 on upgrading to the Note 5. I can live with the non expandable memory but the Battery is a concern for me.
    I may consider getting an iPhone 6S+ instead this time as I may need a few iPhone only apps but it's only a consideration or, I may just wait til next year.

So I wanted to get your final thoughts for those that have upgraded from the Note 4 to Note 5, was it worth it? Any regrets? Should I just jump in with both feet?
    09-20-2015 11:36 AM
    Honestly my battery is way better then my Note 4 was after that Lollipop upgrade.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-20-2015 11:39 AM
    Using a Note 5 and my battery life is pretty darn good - monitor with GSam to find any issues.
    I also use an Iphone 6+ and between the two I far prefer the Note. The iPhone is for a few specific work apps.

My vote: Note 5
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-20-2015 11:59 AM
    Honestly my battery is way better then my Note 4 was after that Lollipop upgrade.

Ditto that. I go all day without refueling. On extremely heavy days, I'm out of juice around 6.

OceanView and BergerKing like this.
    09-20-2015 12:08 PM
    I say buy the Note 5, use it for 13 days and then return it if you're not satisfied.
    In addition, if you do move to an iPhone 6\6s, etc., remember, you can't install launchers and configure at your hearts desire like you can on Android

I have the Note 4 now but I'm 50-50 on upgrading to the Note 5. I can live with the non expandable memory but the Battery is a concern for me.
    I may consider getting an iPhone 6S+ instead this time as I may need a few iPhone only apps but it's only a consideration or, I may just wait til next year.

So I wanted to get your final thoughts for those that have upgraded from the Note 4 to Note 5, was it worth it? Any regrets? Should I just jump in with both feet?
    09-20-2015 01:25 PM
    Love it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    BergerKing and OceanView like this.
    09-20-2015 01:28 PM
    Love it, fast and smooth.

Sent from my Note 5 that I said I wouldn't get but now that I have it I love it.
    09-20-2015 02:00 PM

Why are you torn?

Are you not happy with your Note 4?

What iPhone only apps do you have to have?

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5
    OceanView and anon8380037 like this.
    09-20-2015 02:13 PM
    If you are like me and want the nicest and newest, then absolutely upgrade to the Note 5.
    This is BY FAR the smoothest Android experience I have had with a phone. I dipped a toe into the iOS world for a few months at the end of last year, and I find the Note 5 is just as smooth and fast...or even more so... than the iPhone 6 Plus I had.
    Unless you really want or need the app ecosystem from iOS, or like myself was curious to see what the competition had to offer, I see no reason to switch.
    Alternatively, you could always stick with your Note 4 and see what is up around the bend for the holiday season!

Oh... and the screen... The best screen on any device out right now if you ask me. It is better than the Note 4 even though they are the same resolution.

09-20-2015 03:16 PM
    Battery life is the same if not better on my note 5

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    09-20-2015 04:54 PM
    Have a Note 4 and thinking about the upgrade to the Note 5. My biggest issue with the Note 4 is the low ear piece volume while on calls. How is the volume on the Note 5? Is it significantly louder than the 4? Ear piece specifically. thank you
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-20-2015 04:59 PM

I'm about to be in the same boat. I'm not sure what to do.

[T-Mobile]→ Note 4 - 32 gigs + 64 gig Samsung SD card
    09-20-2015 05:41 PM
    My missus keeps wanting to 'play' with my Note 5. I have to remind her to keep to her Note 4
    09-20-2015 05:52 PM
    In a few words, HELL Yes, best note ever IMHO. 3-4 were nothing like the 5. You wont regret the 5.
    09-20-2015 07:05 PM
    In a few words, HELL Yes, best note ever IMHO. 3-4 were nothing like the 5. You wont regret the 5.
    That big of difference in performance huh?

[T-Mobile]→ Note 4 - 32 gigs + 64 gig Samsung SD card
    09-20-2015 07:20 PM
    I used to own a Note 4. I don't regret upgrading one bit. First, my battery on my Note 4 wouldn't last a day, but on my Note 5, it lasts for 15 hours of heavy use. TouchWiz is a lot smoother on the Note 5 versus the Note 4 with that extra GB of ram. I use the S-Pen a lot when looking over class lecture notes and it feels like a pen and that irresistible clicking sounds....satisfying. I also like the camera and I shoot some photos with raw editing. For example, here's a shot earlier from my phone of my Car. The design makes the device feel premium. It's worth the upgrade, but be prepared to throw money on a screen protector and/or case. (Otterbein symmetry is a great choice).

Attached Thumbnails For those that upgraded from Note 4 to Note 5 - Is it worth it?-603.jpg  
    OceanView and kevinpleasants like this.
    09-20-2015 07:55 PM

I get more than a 12 hr. day with my Note 5. The Note 5 new features and upgraded features are well worth the upgrade from the Note 4. While I love my Note 4, now my spare, the Note 5 is definitely a more powerful machine. The speed of the Samsung processor and internal fast memory is really a boon. The improved S pen functions put this smartphone in a league of its own as far as multitasking and using it for business.
    OceanView and anon8380037 like this.
    09-20-2015 08:21 PM
    I have a note 5, and I completely endorse it.

BergerKing likes this.
    09-20-2015 09:08 PM
    I have a note 5, and yes, it's worth it and amazing. The fingerprint sensor is so much better, in case you want to use samsung pay, or Android pay, plus, marshmallow will have native fingerprint support, so there's that
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-20-2015 09:13 PM
    Yes

09-20-2015 09:16 PM
    Yep it's worth it. Lots of little things that add up to a decent upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    09-20-2015 11:28 PM
    Hmmm, my experience has been different than most. Indeed my former Note 5 ran smoother than my Note 4, perhaps it was a newer phone, but when I replaced my old Note 4 with the 5.1.1 build, performance is very similar. If you are a power user like me, and don't want to be tethered, keep your Note 4. There are other missing convenient features in the Note 5, but it all comes down to you. The Note 5 design and build though are awesome, and the display is to die for.
    adam9997, BergerKing and OceanView like this.
    09-21-2015 03:27 AM
    It is worth it, very worth it, especially after the lollipop update ruined the Note 4, the camera is exceptional compared to the note 4, and the front facing camera is much better as well, battery life is improved, but to be fair the Note 4 battery was great until the lollipop update, the UI is smooth and responsive, no lag, the fingerprint scanner is much, much better. They've decreased the width of the Note5 and the design makes it much easier to hold...you should upgrade, you won't regret it
    09-21-2015 03:36 AM
    Sometimes when you upgrade there are things on your last phone you miss that your new phone may not have, yeah, I'm not experiencing that at all. I'd thought I'd miss all the things you're supposed to miss coming from the note 4, and I just don't. Don't get me wrong, I loved the note 4 and it was my baby, but it got a little sour after lollipop, but beyond that, it wasn't nearly as easy to use with one hand as the note 5 is which is a bigger deal than I thought. The upgraded fingerprint reader and double clicking to get into the camera have been my best friends. The fingerprint sensor is almost too accurate 98% of the time, lol. I find myself forgetting it's so good and will accidentally open my phone just be resting one of my registered fingers on the home button with the screen on. It's definitely worth it if you can let go of the three most common gripes coming from the note 4 to note 5.
    09-21-2015 12:04 PM
    I'd say yes. My battery seems to last quite a bit longer, with the Note 4 when I put it on the charger at night I would be around 20% left, with the Note 5 I'm usually around 43%. The phone does seem snappier but I wonder if that has anything to do with loading lollipop on the Note 4. The best improvement for me is the camera. When I would launch it on the Note 4 I would have to shake the the phone to get it to focus (wide spread problem), with the Note 5 I launch the camera and it locks focus instantly without having the shake the phone. Then only thing I don't like is the lack of an SD slot but I have the 64GB version and taking advantage of free cloud storage for 2 years through OneDrive so it shouldn't be a problem.
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-21-2015 01:24 PM
41 12