Default "Email" app - No lock screen notifications on new Note 5

chrishaney15

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm not getting new email message notifications, in the lock screen, with my new Note 5.

I'm using the default email application, called "Email".

I'm getting messaging notifications, in the lock screen, for the default "Messages" app.

I've verified that notifications are enabled:
- Personal > Lock screen and security > Notifications > All apps (all on)
- Device > Applications > Email > Notifications (all on)
- Device > Sounds and notifications > App notifications > Email > Hide content on lock screen (off)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance..

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Default "Email" app - No lock screen notifications on new Note 5

Is it a GMail\Google Apps, account by any chance? If yes, there are a few threads about that issue...

chrishaney15

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Update: I installed 2 other email applications: Mail.ru and myMail, along with the default "Email" app.

- Device > Applications > Email > Notifications (all on)
- Device > Applications > Mail.ru > Notifications (all on)
- Device > Applications > myMail > Notifications (all on)

I don't get lock screen notifications for any of these programs, so I'd assume it's a device setting, not an app setting. I do have this set, however:

- Personal > Lock screen and security > Notifications > All apps (all on)

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
go to Settings>Lock screen and security>Notifications>Notifications on lock screen>select your choice

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
All apps are set to on, but email notifications aren't waking up the lock screen. Messages wake up the lock screen.

you have to click on the "Notifications on lock screen" words to open up the three choice menu, click on the words of the choice you want.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
try choosing Hide Content and see if you get the notification without content on the lock screen. If you do get this notification type there is some other issue. All three choices work for me but with content all you get is the message title not the body of the text.

chrishaney15

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your help.

I now get a sound alert and LED, but the screen does not wake up (stays off). If I open screen I see a card with "Hidden content".

What I'd like to see is the screen wake when I get an email.

Mijiale

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
I received two brand new Note 5s in the past two weeks. I spent who knows how much time with Samsung and T-Mobile phone and store support with no fixes. Still not working. I'm think of sending the replacement back and just getting an iPhone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke