Whybis it still working when do not disturb is activated? I often try to sleep and some message comes in. There is no sound but led light starts to blink. Its annoying when i try to sleep. If i disable led then i often forget to switch it 5 back on
    09-21-2015 04:50 AM
    Could you simply keep the phone face down when sleeping?
    Mariah Richardson likes this.
    09-21-2015 06:31 AM
    I hate that also. Do not Disturb should disable led automatically.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-21-2015 07:25 PM
    In DND, my led only blinks for my favorites messages. And those are allowed

09-21-2015 09:18 PM
    Keeping it face down is not really a solution. Why waste battery if its dnd mode?
    Mine blinks on everything. Emails messages, whatsapp etc. There is nothing in dnd settings regarding this
    09-21-2015 11:10 PM
    Keeping it face down is not really a solution. Why waste battery if its dnd mode?
    Mine blinks on everything. Emails messages, whatsapp etc. There is nothing in dnd settings regarding this
    How much battery do you really think you're wasting, honestly?
    09-22-2015 05:09 AM
    I know Samsung has been criticized for TouchWiz since it's beginnings, but they really got rid of some useful features this time, and this is just another one of those.

There is no excuse to remove something like this when you added Wireless charging and fast wireless charging to your phone and are heavily promoting the feature, ehh, when you charge your phone on a wireless pad, YOU KNOW that you have your phone in normal position, facing up, MOST people will find a bright red or green light disturbing when trying to sleep in a dark room, I put some electrical tape on the wireless charger pad led to cover it up but there is no way to do the same on the phone, only option is to turn the Notification light off missing a good feature in the process. Turning it off to sleep and on when we wake up is no real solution, it's simply more annoying than the light at your room.

I love my Note 5, and I loved my Galaxy S6 and S6 edge, but this definitely is one of the couple of features or options that I've really missed from previous Galaxy phones. Simply a bad decision on their part, nothing that can't be fixed via an update, but if people don't complain nothing will be done about it.
    jlilnc14 likes this.
    09-22-2015 10:12 AM
    In light of the DND problem and the screen not coming on for texts (I've disabled led for email) I tested mine to be sure.

My LED only flashes for favorites in DND mode.

My screen does come on for texts.

Not sure if there are carrier differences, but I think the op is on ATT as am I. Idk why notifications and DND works differently for some.

09-22-2015 12:40 PM
    I am on a different carrier and it's the same for my phone. It's been bugging the crap out of me since I got the phone. My S4 has way more options in the DND settings and worked so much better. Hopefully an update fixes this, otherwise it's an almost useless feature.
    10-17-2015 01:59 PM