Note 5 headphones suck - poor fitment in ear

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who hates the design of the Samsung headphones that came with the Note 5? They actually sound great but are pretty painful and awkward to insert and don't stay in your ears. I am just tired of Samsung trying to mimic Apple in everything, it's like the Samsung folks don't have an original bone left in their bodies.

Apple came out with these weird *** looking headphones that they claim they carefully developed and designed. They are pure garbage and hurt your ears, not at all comfortable, one because people have different size ears. My daughter has a new iPhone 6, and begged me for a pair of spare headphones, citing her ears hurt terribly with the Apple type. Samsung whose headphones were perfect with the conventional soft changeable gel caps, went and tried their best to copycat. The problem is, that theirs was more comfortable and better headphones in the first place..smdh.
It's a shame because the earbuds really aren't that bad soundwise but they just aren't practical to use, for me anyway. They just dont allow for any type of useful adjustments to account for varying ear sizes, shapes, all the things that make us different. What about you guys?

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 5 headphones suck

The iHeadphones* that came with my note 5 feels like there is nothing on.

*i=imaginary

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Personally, I really like the headphones a lot. I feel like they rest in my ears better and stay in, as opposed to the old design.

But that's just me. O:)

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

They. Are. Awful. I've been bearing through it because I keep forgetting to buy another pair, but they not only are uncomfortable (sometimes they even hurt), but the sound quality is awful through them. The headphones that came with the note 4 were perfect but I unfortunately lost them. That design made sense, these don't, and even at the highest volume I can still hear outside noises. But I'm picking up another set of actual quality headphones because I do use them quite a lot on campus.

kswanson79

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

I use the Samsung gear circle bluetooth headset. So lightweight and great sound. Just wish they were a little louder. Ive never liked any headsets that came with any phones. Not that they are horrible , but i did buy a phone and got free headphones. I didnt buy headphones and get a free phone.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Obviously, those of us on Verizon have one less issue with the Note 5 since Verizon doesn't include headphones with Samsung phones :p ;)

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

My Note 5 did not come with any headphones.
I was going to warn the OP that not all Note 5 owners received headphones, so it could be worse.
Everyone does have different shaped ears and different preferences, so I don't see how an in-ear headphones could be a one size fits all.
I have yet to try mine. I'll try to remember soon and provide my opinion as well.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I gave mine to my mom.. she was raving on about apple headphones and how their shaped perfect for her ears. I never even opened tha package. Im using LG infinims. Which are AMAZING!

i can confirm that as a mom of 2. I put them on. Play some thunderstorms and my kids sounds like fish bubbles whebln they yell at me to get my attention...

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

I bought my phone from Verizon, sooooo no head phones were included.

So I don't have that problem, I bought very expensive Sony headphones from Amazon and they sound amazing

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I gave mine to my mom.. she was raving on about apple headphones and how their shaped perfect for her ears. I never even opened tha package. Im using LG infinims. Which are AMAZING!

i can confirm that as a mom of 2. I put them on. Play some thunderstorms and my kids sounds like fish bubbles whebln they yell at me to get my attention...

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...

I will never buy headphones or anything for that matter from LG again. I bought some hbs 750s. Worked for 2 months and stopped. I love technology and having the latest and greatest, so this provided a valid reason to update to the just released, at the time, LG ínfinims. They were just ok at first but the sound grew on me and I learned to love them. Those died after 3 months.
Sent in for warranty repair which I had to pay for shipping. OK, got them back more than a month later, obviously not the pair I sent in as one earpiece was very slack and extremely slow to retract.

One month later the earphones literally break apart and stop working. I manage to open them up reconnect the components, taped them up , and get them to work. A week later they are completely dead.
Never again with LG. Good products, bad quality or at least quality control. A $150 pair of headphones should not last 3 months. A friend of mines just called me yesterday and told me her 3 month old g4 won't charge anymore.. Smh..

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site

I didn't like these either. I use my S5 headphones. Much better in the ear.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I can't really use stock headphones given I have a pair of hearing aids and they cost $5k so I prefer not to lose them. Besides just about any stock headphones suck, even apples supposedly good ones.

H2oGate

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site

I just got my Note 5 and love it--but IMO you are spot-on with these ridiculous headphones in that the design is awful! You know it's bad when the R earbud fits better and more snugly in the L ear... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Hmmmm haven't tried mine yet. Still using the ones that came with my old blackberry z30. I love them :)

usman khushnood

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site

I didnt even bother opening the pack.. cz i tried my brothers s6 ones which are the same and they hurt my ears after a few mins of use and dnt stay in well. Im ok with my previous note 4 ones thy still work great.

Love my Note 5

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Everones ears are different,, can't be easy coming up with the perfect size for everybody. That's why they come with different size sets of rubber to chose from for better fit,, I would need the bigger ones while some people use the tiny ones.

Rastis

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
My note 5 headphones came with a spare set of rubber ear pieces... which were the same size as the originals. These headphones are garbage as they don't stay in your ears, they just keep falling out. Awful, just awful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12