I won't call this a full-blown scam but if you are like me you bought the Zagg screen protector because it has a lifetime warranty. It was my impression that if the screen protector was to break I could get a free replacement. Luckily I have two franchise stores locally and it just so happens I have two cracks in my glass screen protector. I called to ask them about the procedure for the replacement and they told me that it was free but they charge $7 to install it. I asked if I could just get the screen protector for free and install it myself and they said no. They said I could go through that online but it would cost me $6.99 shipping and they would place a $42 credit hold on my card. The cost difference between the invisible shield and the Verizon tempered glass screen protector was $10 but now with the screen replacement it'll be $17. While I do realize a $7 a glass screen protector is a good deal this was not the impression I was given when I bought it. Just a heads up

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-21-2015 10:52 AM
    When I bought my Zagg invisible HD glass I was told that they charge $7 shipping if I ever ask for a free replacement if the glass is damaged.

I'm okay with that and the girl at Verizon installed it for free

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    09-21-2015 01:34 PM
    Is it really 7x better than the $1 ones, Though?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    09-21-2015 03:59 PM
    Is it really 7x better than the $1 ones, Though?

I'm happy with the Skinomi tempered glass screen protector that I got for $0.95 last week...
    09-21-2015 06:30 PM
    I only use Zagg after trying one of the cheap ones years ago. Very happy with their customer service. I always order direct and install myself. It's usually cheaper that way. I also get emails with discount codes quite often.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    09-21-2015 06:38 PM
    I had the Zagg Invisibleshield and got it installed by best buy for $7. The 1st few days there was a dead zone about 1x1 inch in the bottom right of the screen where my s-pen wouldn't write unless I pressed extra hard. After 2 weeks the protector started lifting in the top corner so I went to 2 best buys and they called other nearby best buys and nobody had the Invisibleshield. I got annoyed so I let them replace it with the plastic Zagg HDX shield but it was applied slightly off centered which caused it to rub against my case and eventually after a few days started to lift on the sides. I took it back and best buy had no Zagg protectors at all for the note 5. I got a refund but they didn't refund my installation fee. I went on ebay ordered 2 generic $2.50 tempered 9h extra thick glass. Applied it myself almost perfectly and it's great! The only thing I miss about the Zagg Invisibleshield is the nicely slopped edges. The cheap $2 tempered glass I got has a little sharper edges but with my case on I don't even notice the edges.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
    PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear
    09-21-2015 06:53 PM
    I had the Zagg Invisibleshield and got it installed by best buy for $7. The 1st few days there was a dead zone about 1x1 inch in the bottom right of the screen where my s-pen wouldn't write unless I pressed extra hard. After 2 weeks the protector started lifting in the top corner so I went to 2 best buys and they called other nearby best buys and nobody had the Invisibleshield. I got annoyed so I let them replace it with the plastic Zagg HDX shield but it was applied slightly off centered which caused it to rub against my case and eventually after a few days started to lift on the sides. I took it back and best buy had no Zagg protectors at all for the note 5. I got a refund but they didn't refund my installation fee. I went on ebay ordered 2 generic $2.50 tempered 9h extra thick glass. Applied it myself almost perfectly and it's great! The only thing I miss about the Zagg Invisibleshield is the nicely slopped edges. The cheap $2 tempered glass I got has a little sharper edges but with my case on I don't even notice the edges.

PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear
    Most annoying when you pay for something to be installed and it isn't done properly...
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-21-2015 07:11 PM
    The only thing I miss about the Zagg Invisibleshield is the nicely slopped edges. The cheap $2 tempered glass I got has a little sharper edges but with my case on I don't even notice the edges.
    Yup...I agree with this... Zagg's Glass product installs very nicely...the sloped edges make it difficult to even tell that you have a product sitting on top of your screen... Very graceful installed product...
    Gray Area likes this.
    09-21-2015 07:11 PM
    Yup...I agree with this... Zagg's Glass product installs very nicely...the sloped edges make it difficult to even tell that you have a product sitting on top of your screen... Very graceful installed product...
    Yeah the beveled edges are definitely nice. I had a bodyguardz on a previous phone. This is noticeable especially if you don't have a case.

Gray Area likes this.
    09-21-2015 10:29 PM
    How is spen when using a protector?

09-22-2015 06:39 AM
    On mine, it seems to work flawlessly...
    I have the Zagg Glass protector.

09-22-2015 08:25 AM

The glass protectors are smooth like the screen. The plastic ones may require a change of the spen tip. I used plastic on my Note 3 and it was rubbery until I changed tips.

09-22-2015 08:27 AM
    I've used my s-pen on Zagg tempered glass, $2 tempered glass, Zagg HDX pet film and a free cheap pet film I got with a case. All worked fine. The pet film gave the s-pen a little grippy feel to it but it worked with no problems. Definitely feels smoother on the glass protectors.

09-22-2015 04:30 PM
    I registered mines online. Ordered a replacement but it was 4 dollars for shipping. It did only last two weeks before i had a crack.
    09-23-2015 09:08 PM