Package Disabler Pro

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone here used this with success? I want to disable as much as possible while keeping the key features of the Note like:

s pen
power saving modes
themes
etc

I have searched XDA and I can only find xmls that disable almost everything. I am not looking to make my Note 5 stock but remove the biggest offenders to battery life and performance.

Thanks for any feedback.

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I disabled the carrier crap and Samsung stuff I know I won't use then installed GSam and watched. Killed a few more.
I feel it is safer this way (for me). :cool:

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Yup it works great. You just have to be careful with it and make sure you disable what you want and not everything that is claimed as bloat by the app. Pick and choose a few things then try it and see. That's what I do

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5

giftedmd

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I made the xda XML files. All the features you mentioned work perfectly whichever XML file you use. I tried not to disable any features most people would want. And if there is anything you do want that is disable its pretty straightforward to re-enable again.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I made the xda XML files. All the features you mentioned work perfectly whichever XML file you use. I tried not to disable any features most people would want. And if there is anything you do want that is disable its pretty straightforward to re-enable again.

Can you PM or provide a link here? I want to make sure I download the right one.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
It was suggested in another thread that I use Package Disabler but correct me if I'm wrong, don't we achieve the exact same results disabling apps in Application Manager?

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
It was suggested in another thread that I use Package Disabler but correct me if I'm wrong, don't we achieve the exact same results disabling apps in Application Manager?

Package disabler also allows you to disable services

dreaming of electric sheep

giftedmd

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if Package Disabler will safely delete these:com.facebook.appmanager & com.facebook.system
Nothing is deleted. Only disabled so won't run. Completely reversible. And yes those can be disabled.

JanShim

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
I have 167 items disabled on my international Note 5.
Phone estimates 30 hour battery time without use of power saver mode.

2015-09-22_091915_FB.jpg

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=62934436
They are at the bottom of the first post. Stick to the basic XML file if you want to play it super safe. I think both are very stable though.

Thanks for this. I know you are not tech support for this but my Android auto is acting weird and I can't find what to re-enable. Any ideas?

MTP and Android Auto are enabled but there has to be some other service that is important.

Thanks

giftedmd

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for this. I know you are not tech support for this but my Android auto is acting weird and I can't find what to re-enable. Any ideas?

MTP and Android Auto are enabled but there has to be some other service that is important.

Thanks

Hmmm not sure. Never tried Android auto. Is everything done via Bluetooth?

GuyWith4Kids

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm not sure. Never tried Android auto. Is everything done via Bluetooth?

USB for the interface and Bluetooth for calling. The interface is what is working weird. I am going to try and enable everything USB and see.

giftedmd

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
USB for the interface and Bluetooth for calling. The interface is what is working weird. I am going to try and enable everything USB and see.

Yeah make sure USB settings is enabled. Not sure what else it could be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeneral2