Package Disabler Pro

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Everytime I try to run the NFC option in my Settings, Settings stops working. IS there a package in PDP that is not allowing me to run this setting? I have enabled NFC Service, NFC Test 1.3, Android Pay, all Settings have been enabled, but still Settings immediately stops working.

settingsnotworkingpopupscreen.jpg

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re enable all packages, and see if it works again.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Re enable all packages, and see if it works again.

But, if I do that, how do I know which package it is that is making it work? I just want to know which package to enable leaving all my Custom ones disabled. That's the point of the app.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
But, if I do that, how do I know which package it is that is making it work? I just want to know which package to enable leaving all my Custom ones disabled. That's the point of the app.
If you re-enable everything and the problem goes away, then you can disable them again one at a time until you figure out which one is the culprit.

Is it a pain to have to do that? Yep.

But are there warnings that disabling things can have adverse effects? Also yep.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If you re-enable everything and the problem goes away, then you can disable them again one at a time until you figure out which one is the culprit.

But are there warnings that disabling things can have adverse effects? Also yep.

Pretty much. He already has all the main nfc ones enabled like nfc service. So it will be a trial and error type thing.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

This.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

I figured. I wish there was an easier work around. Okay, I'll let you know.

*UPDATE, Enabled all disabled , Still didn't work. I don't even remember if opening the NFC Payment Setting worked after I did my factory reset a couple of days ago*

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I figured. I wish there was an easier work around. Okay, I'll let you know.

*UPDATE, Enabled all disabled , Still didn't work. I don't even remember if opening the NFC Payment Setting worked after I did my factory reset a couple of days ago*

If enabling all didn't work then try to clear cache in the bootloader. If that doesn't work then you might have to do another fdr. And if that doesn't work then I would get a warranty replacement

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Everytime I try to run the NFC option in my Settings, Settings stops working. IS there a package in PDP that is not allowing me to run this setting? I have enabled NFC Service, NFC Test 1.3, Android Pay, all Settings have been enabled, but still Settings immediately stops working.

View attachment 200203

This happened to me when I used the auto bloatware removal thing in Package Disabler Pro, it disables NFC and the service. Even if you manually enable it, you cannot access the options until you reboot your phone. Enable NFC then reboot the phone

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So when marshmallow comes out I will need to re-enable everything in order to update Android?

Well you should enable all packages before updating to mm.

Keep in mind Samsung might patch the ability to disable packages...

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me when I used the auto bloatware removal thing in Package Disabler Pro, it disables NFC and the service. Even if you manually enable it, you cannot access the options until you reboot your phone. Enable NFC then reboot the phone

Well, I had to wipe the partition once more and that fixed the NFC issue.

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Well you should enable all packages before updating to mm.

Keep in mind Samsung might patch the ability to disable packages...

^^ this is exactly why I will likely NOT upgrade to MM right away. I LOVE package disabler as it really does work and enables my Note to get HUGE and MASSIVE gains in battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084