Package Disabler Pro

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
^^ this is exactly why I will likely NOT upgrade to MM right away. I LOVE package disabler as it really does work and enables my Note to get HUGE and MASSIVE gains in battery life.

Not sure what that has to do with M. There. Is nothing saying that M won't work with package disabler pro as of now.

Also M offers some features that might make package disabler pro unnecessary.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Every update is promoted for all the wonderful things it does... then the reviews tell you about all the things they screw up.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Every update is promoted for all the wonderful things it does... then the reviews tell you about all the things they screw up.

Actually on my Nexus 5 it is working perfectly and the idle of Doze is working great.

Please post a review about what M won't do.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This is my Nexus 5, not 5x but the older Nexus, on M using Doze. I used the WiFi for a couple of hours yesterday, it has been idle otherwise.

Attachments

• 1445691137534.jpg
    1445691137534.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 89

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what that has to do with M. There. Is nothing saying that M won't work with package disabler pro as of now.

it doesn't but I'm not going to upgrade regardless until I know for sure.

Also M offers some features that might make package disabler pro unnecessary.

I don't think AT&T will allow for it to block all it's bloat, or some that Samsung provides as easily. I'm fine with being wrong.

OldCookie

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I just purchased this and looking into disabling some stuff I don't use to improve battery life.

I'm curious to know what software version everyone is running?

I'm trying to make sure whatever it is i'm doing will be stable with android 5.1.1

OldCookie

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure what was draining my battery. Althought I kept wifi, location services, and sync on my phone. Lost around 1% per hour.

I just got Gsam installed but trying to figure out what all the numbers mean. Can anyone here help?

I'm hearing a lot of mixed stories from another thread regarding package disabler pro, which have you guys disable and are you guys sitll getting reliable idle, and SOT? I followed some, but not all of the basic package.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Is the app safe to use? If it can disable Knox and other more system level packages/processes, then seems like the app could have more access to other things like user data.

I see from the FAQ that the app does not have root access. Even so, how is it that an app can disable bloatware when natively we are only given limited disable or uninstall capability on Note 5s from carriers like Verizon?

http://www.ospolice.com/package-disabler-faq/
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...olice.packagedisablerpro&hl=en&token=zb-csQ3c

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Is the app safe to use? If it can disable Knox and other more system level packages/processes, then seems like the app could have more access to other things like user data.

I see from the FAQ that the app does not have root access. Even so, how is it that an app can disable bloatware when natively we are only given limited disable or uninstall capability on Note 5s from carriers like Verizon?

Package Disabler – FAQ | OS Police
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...olice.packagedisablerpro&hl=en&token=cNIFTEhH

I can't answer your question but PDP shuts them down without question. To be clear, it does NOT remove them (I'd pay BIG money for that) but it does shut them down and prevents them from restarting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia