I have until Sept 25 to decide if I'm keeping the Note 5...

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm confused now because Katrina's Note 5 is awakening the display briefly when she gets new notifications, mine does not. Unless Katrina is running an app like Dynamic Notifications......

No apps. Everything is stock.

Posted via the Android Central App

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The screen doesn't light up on SMS unless you use the stock app. You can also use some other 3rd party apps that will do it, like Textra, Chomp, etc.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Not wanting to install a different launcher... That's just keeping you from really setting up your phone the way you want it to be. Take the plunge and try Nova and you will quickly see just how much you are loosing out on.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig black Galaxy Note 5

Nova doesn't allow you to post quick memo to the home screen. You'd be losing out if you used Nova also. Lol. Depends how important quick memo notes are too you. But I use them almost daily. It's a note!

I used to use Nova lots back in my Nexus days but touchwiz isn't so bad these days.

One thing I notice with coming from a iPhone, you have to spend quite a bit of time with Android to get it to just work. Used to love that aspect of Android, but now I'm way more busier and find the tinkering annoying...

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE:

Keeping the Note5, using my iPhone 6 Plus as a desk calculator. Just went to the AT&T flagship store near me and thoroughly went over the iPhone 6S Plus and couldn't tolerate Force Touch for a second.....WOW what a terrible feature. Same old crap on the iPhone...and to remind you, I am a DIE HARD Mac user.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
3. AT&T song jingle when powering on, wakes up the whole house.

Glad you decided to keep the phone. I'm curious about the AT&T jingle, though. I boot my phone like once or twice a month. How often do you boot yours, and why do you do it when everyone's asleep?

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Glad you decided to keep the phone. I'm curious about the AT&T jingle, though. I boot my phone like once or twice a month. How often do you boot yours, and why do you do it when everyone's asleep?

I do it just to annoy everyone here LOL......I'm kidding.
I wake up before the others and power on the Note 5 in my home office but the jingle is so loud even with the office door closed it wakes up the house.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I do it just to annoy everyone here LOL......I'm kidding.
I wake up before the others and power on the Note 5 in my home office but the jingle is so loud even with the office door closed it wakes up the house.

If you have the phone on vibrate when you shut it off it should boot into vibrate mode and not play that jingle.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

But why are you powering the phone down to begin with? Why not leave it turned on and charging overnight? (For me, there's no alternative, because I have no landline and I wouldn't want to be unavailable if there's an emergency call. But even apart from that, I would have no reason to power down the phone. If I didn't want any possible interruptions, I'd either mute the phone or engage do-not-disturb mode.)

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
But why are you powering the phone down to begin with? Why not leave it turned on and charging overnight? (For me, there's no alternative, because I have no landline and I wouldn't want to be unavailable if there's an emergency call. But even apart from that, I would have no reason to power down the phone. If I didn't want any possible interruptions, I'd either mute the phone or engage do-not-disturb mode.)
I've wondered the same thing anytime I see someone talking about how much their battery drains overnight...

Years ago when I switched from basic phones to smart phones, that became the norm... phone gets plugged in on the night stand at bedtime.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE:

Keeping the Note5, using my iPhone 6 Plus as a desk calculator. Just went to the AT&T flagship store near me and thoroughly went over the iPhone 6S Plus and couldn't tolerate Force Touch for a second.....WOW what a terrible feature. Same old crap on the iPhone...and to remind you, I am a DIE HARD Mac user.
I'm glad you kept it....I live this phone can't wait for the Note 6 LOL

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE:

Awesome! Glad you are enjoying your note 5. I havn't tried it yet (iPhone 6s) but I can guarantee you if Samsung would've included 3d touch on a product before apple all iPhone users and the media would've called it a gimmick. But of course it's being held as revolutionary because Apple implemented it 1st. I have no desire to have multiple touch sensitivity input, I have enough touch sensitivity with my s-pen. And I can preview photos and emails etc with air view. So I'm good, however to each it's own, so I'm happy for those iPhone lovers who waited in line all day to get what they feel is worthy.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36