12-21-2016 10:47 AM
274 1234 ...
tools
    I'm guessing that one possibly might not have the sync contacts option. I can't remember now how long ago they changed that. It should be in the v 27 one though, I used that for at least 6 months, until just a month ago.
    09-26-2015 09:27 PM
    I have (and the ones that are not working) the latest official one, 47.0.0.25.125
    Ok, see my above post.

Oh, I have version 48.0.0.21.137 and there is a contact option there..let me get back on my phone and post the screenshot.
    09-26-2015 09:29 PM
    What about this upload contacts? Do you have that?
    Attached Thumbnails Facebook Contacts sync not working-1443321054165.jpg  
    09-26-2015 09:30 PM
    You can actually probably find a Beta apk online and sideload it.
    09-26-2015 09:31 PM
    I'm guessing that one possibly might not have the sync contacts option. I can't remember now how long ago they changed that. It should be in the v 27 one though, I used that for at least 6 months, until just a month ago.
    I understand that, and I have read about it, but for some reason I've never experienced that in any of my bunch of phones, I just have my Note 5 since Sept.3, so it already came with latest version at the time and I had and still have the contacts sync. My S6 edge from Tmobile also had it, my International unlocked S6 had it, LG G4 and others and all of them as you can see have been set during the last 5 months at most.

I factory reset my S6 edge and set it for my wife last weekend, it doesn't have the Sync contacts option (just checked this week) and because she doesn't even want to sync the contacts I haven't messed with it, but I think that if I try, she won't be syncing her contacts either, so what could it be? Same phone that I had set for me until last week with same Facebook version and now it doesn't have the option either, I'm beginning to think that it's related to the Facebook account instead, problem is that I can't find anything on the account settings that can cause that.

Simply out of ideas at this point, hence the reason I told my Co-worker that I gave up.
    09-26-2015 09:38 PM
    What about this upload contacts? Do you have that?
    All of them have that option, not not the Contacts sync options, the one that you choose if you want to sync all contacts, only existing one or none. The option that appears on the screenshot I posted earlier.

Mine is working fine, so don't need it in my case, and of the 3 I know that don't have it, 2 don't want it, so the only one that want it, it's a coworker and I don't have too much time anymore to try more things on his Note.
    09-26-2015 09:42 PM
    All of them have that option, not not the Contacts sync options, the one that you choose if you want to sync all contacts, only existing one or none. The option that appears on the screenshot I posted earlier.

Mine is working fine, so don't need it in my case, and of the 3 I know that don't have it, 2 don't want it, so the only one that want it, it's a coworker and I don't have too much time anymore to try more things on his Note.
    That is kind of odd. I also had to load the v27 on my phone because I in my account and my niece's account on there and a page for work and Facebook took away the one tap login so you don't have to enter all the account info each time. I used v27 set those up and then updated and it kept the one tap log in.
    09-26-2015 09:54 PM
    I used to have it but when I reinstalled it, it went away. Where can I find version 27?
    09-26-2015 10:28 PM
    I found version 27 and uploaded that and it worked!!! Thank you so much! Do I dare update??
    09-26-2015 10:39 PM
    I found version 27 and uploaded that and it worked!!! Thank you so much! Do I dare update??
    Yeah updating should be fine and then turn on that contact update contacts option in the settings I'm guessing. I don't sync my contacts do I have that turned off.
    09-26-2015 10:43 PM
    That is kind of odd. I also had to load the v27 on my phone because I in my account and my niece's account on there and a page for work and Facebook took away the one tap login so you don't have to enter all the account info each time. I used v27 set those up and then updated and it kept the one tap log in.
    One thing I've noticed is that in my phone where is working fine, if I go to Accounts I can see the email I use to login to Facebook, but in those that are not working when I go to settings-accounts instead of the email account there is only a long number, something like 0s and 1s. I insist that is something with the Facebook account and not just the app.
    09-26-2015 10:51 PM
    One thing I've noticed is that in my phone where is working fine, if I go to Accounts I can see the email I use to login to Facebook, but in those that are not working when I go to settings go instead of the email account there is only a long number, something like 0s and 1s.
    Well in accounts in Facebook on my phone, it shows my account as numbers, not an email address.
    09-26-2015 10:52 PM
    Like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Facebook Contacts sync not working-1443326005133.jpg  
    09-26-2015 10:53 PM
    Well in accounts in Facebook on my phone, it shows my account as numbers, not an email address.
    Then I'm out of ideas again. Like I said, mine is working, and from the others 3 that are not working, 2 don't want to sync contacts so I'm sorry for the other one but this one really outsmart me.
    09-26-2015 10:54 PM
    Then I'm out of ideas again. Like I said, mine is working, and from the others 3 that are not working, 2 don't want to sync contacts so I'm sorry for the other one but this one really outsmart me.
    Well mine isn't syncing, but I never sync, so it might be the ones not syncing show the numbers only or something.
    09-26-2015 10:57 PM
    I just updated and all is good. I went to the app settings and the continuous contact updating option was gone but the sync all is back! I guess uploading v27, getting it set up correctly and then updating will keep your settings. Thank you!!!
    09-26-2015 11:11 PM
    This is what my app settings look like now.
    Attached Thumbnails Facebook Contacts sync not working-1443327156056.jpg  
    09-26-2015 11:13 PM
    What version is that? I have a version that isn't a public version, so I don't know when that option was removed.
    09-26-2015 11:29 PM
    I just updated and all is good. I went to the app settings and the continuous contact updating option was gone but the sync all is back! I guess uploading v27, getting it set up correctly and then updating will keep your settings. Thank you!!!
    Can you post the exact version you found and installed? When you all mention version 27 Do you mean that old version 27 (latest is around 47 or something) or one that the long version number ends on 27?
    09-27-2015 05:25 AM
    Well, that may explain it, somehow, as I've always had the option and have always synced my contacts without issues even with the Note 5 that is 3 weeks old and the other 2 Notes, just a couple of days newer can't, and all is because I always restore from Google's backup, then do a restore from Smart Switch and for last pull my Helium backup from the cloud, so it's possible that I've been carrying an old version with these process and then just keep it even when it updates.

Really that would be the only explanation.
    09-27-2015 05:32 AM
    I googled facebook version 27 and downloaded it from apkmirror.com. This forum won't let me post the link for some reason. Anyway, I uploaded this, set my settings and linked contacts if they didn't sync because of the name. I then updated.
    09-27-2015 07:39 AM
    Downloading version 27 and setting it to sync contacts did the trick, then just let it update and it still syncs. Thanks for guiding me to download an even older version than the one I thought first, definitely it was removed since a couple of months ago, and it seems that this is the only way to get it working now, weird thing is that mine has always worked, only logical explanation is that one of my restore process with Google, Smart switch and Helium is also restoring the old app settings into the new one.

So for all of you with the same issue, download this version, Facebook 27.0.0.0.15 APK Download - APKMirror, set it and then let it update to the current one.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-27-2015 09:45 AM
    I always used version 27 because you could use these tiny apps that would trick Facebook into thinking you had Messenger and you didn't have to install Messenger and you could use messaging in the Facebook app. Facebook closed that loophole after version 27. Now you can do that with version 28 and above, they talk about it on the xda thread. The only difference is, you have to have messenger downloaded or the one that comes one the S6 and the Note 4, which is basically a placeholder. You turn off the update for it and just install that chat re-enabler apk. It always says "not installed" when I install the apk, but in p and open the messages in Facebook and they work.
    09-27-2015 11:02 AM
    I just read that google is no longer offering that option with facebook onthe new phones. I also have the note 5 and i have been trying to sync for two days. I have no pics with contacts.it may not work on any newly activate phones.
    10-04-2015 04:21 PM
    I just read that google is no longer offering that option with facebook onthe new phones. I also have the note 5 and i have been trying to sync for two days. I have no pics with contacts.it may not work on any newly activate phones.
    Follow the directions here feom about post 26, this works.
    10-04-2015 04:39 PM
274 1234 ...