12-21-2016 10:47 AM
274 12345 ...
tools
    I just read that google is no longer offering that option with facebook onthe new phones. I also have the note 5 and i have been trying to sync for two days. I have no pics with contacts.it may not work on any newly activate phones.
    If you want to do it, have you tried what I posted 2 posts above yours?
    10-04-2015 04:39 PM
    Thank you all.
    I can get Facebook contracts sync after install version 27, enable sync, update app.
    Now I am running lastest version of Facebook and have option to sync contracts.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    10-05-2015 09:04 PM
    How were you able to successfully download this version? I can download it but it won't install. I'm not able to uninstall fb permanently from my Galaxy S6.
    10-06-2015 11:12 AM
    I didn't have a problem with it on my Note 4 or my S6 Edge. On my Note 5 it is like a place holder.

On my Note 4 when I uninstalled updates, it took it back to like version 11. I don't know what version it was on my S6E.

If you have package disabler pro, you might can disable Facebook, then download version 27 and install it sync, then re-enable and then update.
    10-06-2015 11:34 AM
    How were you able to successfully download this version? I can download it but it won't install. I'm not able to uninstall fb permanently from my Galaxy S6.
    You won't uninstall your actual facebook app, just disable it and it will ask you if you want to uninstall all updates. Then when you download the version 27 and run it, it may tell you that your settings won't allow installations from other sources but it takes you to Lock Screen and Security settings, in there just turn on "Unknown sources" and it will ask you if it's just for this installation or for always, do as you please. Let it install, after it finishes open facebook, validates your credentials and be aware that it will show a notification asking you to allow permissions to samsung or something like that, hit yes.

Once you have that set, go to facebook app settings, select to sync with your contacts and when you go to your phone's Accounts settings you should see that you have Facebook syncing, verify that everything is on in there, then, and only then, go to the Play store and let it updates Facebook to current version.
    10-06-2015 12:59 PM
    Samsung just replaced my Galaxy S4 for me yesterday nd I have been unable to sync FB contacts to the phone contacts. AT first the login to the Galaxy 'app' within facebook would fail, I discovered i needed to updat ethe Samsung SNS app. I did this. Now I can login, it syncs calendar and photos but NOT contacts.

I have uninstalled FB app and Messenger app and reinstalled etc. Nothing is working. WHen I first try to set up account sync through the phone settings, it only shows calendar and gallery sync. I have to go into COntacts > Settings> Accounts > Facebook to get it to show 'sync contacts'option. I hit sync, and it takes half a second to say 'Last synced at Date/time'. Unsurprisingly it hasnt actually synced!

Like the OP, when I go into the app (which I remember in previous situations as the 'fix' for this problem) there is NO sync contacts option under app settings.

WTAF FB????? Please help, its driving me crazy.
    10-06-2015 04:41 PM
    Samsung just replaced my Galaxy S4 for me yesterday nd I have been unable to sync FB contacts to the phone contacts. AT first the login to the Galaxy 'app' within facebook would fail, I discovered i needed to updat ethe Samsung SNS app. I did this. Now I can login, it syncs calendar and photos but NOT contacts.

I have uninstalled FB app and Messenger app and reinstalled etc. Nothing is working. WHen I first try to set up account sync through the phone settings, it only shows calendar and gallery sync. I have to go into COntacts > Settings> Accounts > Facebook to get it to show 'sync contacts'option. I hit sync, and it takes half a second to say 'Last synced at Date/time'. Unsurprisingly it hasnt actually synced!

Like the OP, when I go into the app (which I remember in previous situations as the 'fix' for this problem) there is NO sync contacts option under app settings.

WTAF FB????? Please help, its driving me crazy.
    See the last few posts on this thread and go to the link I posted.
    RoxaneS4 likes this.
    10-06-2015 05:02 PM
    Have downloaded version 27. Got the option within app settings to sync contacts. Synced contacts. Sheesh Facebook is so F*d.
    10-06-2015 05:08 PM
    Hi. I tried downloading this older version and my Note5 will not open it? Am I doing something wrong?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-07-2015 09:35 PM
    Hi. I tried downloading this older version and my Note5 will not open it? Am I doing something wrong?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Exactly what did the error say?
    10-07-2015 09:47 PM
    I also have tried downloading version 27 and keep getting an error. I have a Galaxy S5 and when I got into my settings and under applications I am unable to disable facebook like I can other apps, only force stop. And when I open the download, this is the screen I get. And then after I click install, I get the error message app not installed.

Facebook Contacts sync not working-screenshot_2015-10-08-09-38-11.jpg

Facebook Contacts sync not working-screenshot_2015-10-08-09-38-37.jpg
    10-08-2015 09:51 AM
    I also have tried downloading version 27 and keep getting an error. I have a Galaxy S5 and when I got into my settings and under applications I am unable to disable facebook like I can other apps, only force stop. And when I open the download, this is the screen I get. And then after I click install, I get the error message app not installed.
    Did you uninstall the updates on the current FB before trying to install version 27?
    10-08-2015 10:04 AM
    Yes I did and it still will not work
    10-08-2015 10:53 AM
    I just uninstalled the app and then tried to install version 27 again and it worked. So I guess on the S5 since it does not have a disable app option, you have to delete the original app.
    10-08-2015 11:00 AM
    Yes you have to uninstall the app. The only uninstall updates is for a phone that has it preloaded.
    10-08-2015 11:53 AM
    The reason you have to uninstall the updates or the app is because you can not install an older version app on top of a higher version of the app.
    10-08-2015 11:54 AM
    Thanks! So is there a way to still get the new updates but still keep the version 27 so I can still use the contact sync? I would rather have the contact sync than the newer version, just wasn't sure if there was a way to have both.
    10-08-2015 01:57 PM
    Thanks! So is there a way to still get the new updates but still keep the version 27 so I can still use the contact sync? I would rather have the contact sync than the newer version, just wasn't sure if there was a way to have both.
    I think you just need to get it stripped down to the base configuration with no updates, install version 27, activate the sync, then allow it to update to the current version, at which point it will be fully up to date *and* sync should still work.
    Kelly Kearns and js87 like this.
    10-08-2015 02:14 PM
    Go ahead and let it update in the Play Store now, the sync should keep working.
    10-08-2015 02:44 PM
    Thank you! I just downloaded the newest version and it is working and I still have all my contact information.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    10-08-2015 02:44 PM
    I have a Galaxy S4 and had the same problem. Followed the instructions (thanks!), got my contacts synced up again, however after the update to version 49 there is again no option for contact synchronization. The contacts are still there, just the option is not. Have you noticed the same behavior? The big question is: will it still continue to sync? Weird thing is on my girlfriend's Galaxy S4 Mini the option is still there. (did not install or reinstall there, it never disappeared)
    10-09-2015 01:40 AM
    You should have this option on the screen shot, if it hasn't rolled out to you yet, it should soon. There is so a contacts sync option in accounts on your phone and buried in the Facebook account.
    Attached Thumbnails Facebook Contacts sync not working-1444374951296.jpg  
    10-09-2015 02:15 AM
    That are the options I am seeing. But I expected to also see the Contact sync one beneth the Message one. On the S4 Mini it is still there... That is why I am wondering if is working and hidden or not working at all. Does it continue to sync the contacts for you?
    10-10-2015 12:05 AM
    That are the options I am seeing. But I expected to also see the Contact sync one beneth the Message one. On the S4 Mini it is still there... That is why I am wondering if is working and hidden or not working at all. Does it continue to sync the contacts for you?
    That sync is not there anymore. Yes it seems to continue syncing your contacts. Also go to your Facebook account under accounts on your phone and turn this on.
    Attached Thumbnails Facebook Contacts sync not working-1444488074680.jpg  
    10-10-2015 09:41 AM
    Perfect. That is on. Then I am happy. Thanks for the help. I fail to understand how Facebook could ruin such a good feature.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    10-11-2015 12:51 AM
274 12345 ...