12-21-2016 10:47 AM
274 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Kelly, I've downloaded EVERY Version 27 from that site and after I download the file, open it and press Install... I keep getting the error message: "xApp Not Installed"
    No idea why you are. I have uninstalled the updates on the Facebook app and installed the older version. I just did it two days ago.
    10-21-2015 05:50 PM
    Kelly, I've downloaded EVERY Version 27 from that site and after I download the file, open it and press Install... I keep getting the error message: "xApp Not Installed"
    I'm getting the same error you are, I have also uninstalled all updates, disabled the app, approved 3rd party apps, and get the xApp Not Installed error. Tried every version 27 also. Going insane
    10-21-2015 11:38 PM
    I'm getting the same error you are, I have also uninstalled all updates, disabled the app, approved 3rd party apps, and get the xApp Not Installed error. Tried every version 27 also. Going insane
    I just wish Facebook would fix it!!!

If you want a quick fix, I installed sync.me and got most of my contact's pictures.
    10-21-2015 11:44 PM
    I cleared cache, data, uninstalled ver 51, reinstalled ver 27 and now my contacts are syncing in my galaxy s5. Thanks for the tip!

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-22-2015 02:39 PM
    I am missing that same option. I have tried all of the suggestions listed above with no results. My Facebook contacts and contact pictures are not syncing to my phone.
    10-22-2015 03:31 PM
    Downloading version 27 and setting it to sync contacts did the trick, then just let it update and it still syncs. Thanks for guiding me to download an even older version than the one I thought first, definitely it was removed since a couple of months ago, and it seems that this is the only way to get it working now, weird thing is that mine has always worked, only logical explanation is that one of my restore process with Google, Smart switch and Helium is also restoring the old app settings into the new one.
    This worked for me. I did a FB update about 2 days ago and all of a sudden this morning had no contacts synced. Turns out the sync contacts option was removed from FB on my latest update. Tried every other fix except the 3rd party app, this one worked. I just completed the update and so far so good! Thanks everyone!
    10-23-2015 04:58 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile and have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and was experience the same thing.…no FB contacts were showing up no matter what I did. I went to App info for the Facbook app and choose "Clear Data". I then power cycled the phone. After turning on sync and making sure all my sync settings were still in order I went to my contacts and viola! All my Facebook contacts were there. Sucks to have to do these workarounds, but this one worked for me.
    10-23-2015 05:03 PM
    i dont understand why the newer versions (50, 52) would have the "sync contacts" checkbox option in app settings > accounts > facebook and yet still not do any syncing of contacts (when you click it, it's immediately said to be done but doesnt actually do anything).

You have to sync the contacts before updating. It was version 27.
    how do you sync fb contacts without fb installed?
    10-23-2015 05:39 PM
    i dont understand why the newer versions (50, 52) would have the "sync contacts" checkbox option in app settings > accounts > facebook and yet still not do any syncing of contacts (when you click it, it's immediately said to be done but doesnt actually do anything).

how do you sync fb contacts without fb installed?
    You would have Facebook installed, version 27 and after they are synced, you update to the newer version.
    10-24-2015 08:00 AM
    I would like somebody to help me here, I have set 3 Note 5 already, all of them from T-mobile and actually all at same firmware version plus same Facebook version.

It's the first time that I have seen this, from the three the only one that it's syncing with Facebook is mine. There is not even an option to do it in thr Facebook App, under App settings. At first I thought that it was that the Allow syncing pop up that brings the initial setup was not selected so I proceeded to reset, Facebook app, Removed account, cleared data from Samsung Galaxy app and everything related to it and Facebook, so I began from scratch without a factory reset. In a summary, I wasted my time, it's still the same, you can see that everything is set to sync in the Facebook account settings, it doesn't give an error but nothing happens.

Mine was set almost 3 weeks ago and it worked as it should and it still works, when I set the second one last week I noticed that it didn't work but the user didn't want to sync with Facebook so no problem with that one, but I was very curious as to why it happened. So yesterday another coworker came with a new Note 5 and asked me to help him setting everything and the first thing he asked me was why the Facebook contacts were not syncing. Again I did everything I did last week with the other one and nothing, I even Uninstalled all updates and disabled the app, then I sidelined one of the previous versions trying to see if something was changed in the latest one but nothing, still no option to sync contacts in the App and everything is set as it should but nothing.

Looking in Google for Facebook contacts not syncing brings hundreds of results but none seems to be related, so anybody else with same issue? Any ideas? , thanks.
    I tried for day to get mine to sync up...it had been earlier this month. I tried everything so did the guy at tmobile. They had me call tech support with tmobile nothing worked. Tech support told me about a app to dowload it didnt work eithet. I tried w more apps begore ginding one that worked and it sync every contact up in a matter of a vouple minutes. I did have to search for a few contacts but just a few. The app to use is called "sync me" and its free.
    10-24-2015 07:32 PM
    The issue with different ones having different options can be Facebook rolling out things on the server side. I've seen differences with the same account and just different phones and both on the same Android version.
    10-24-2015 07:39 PM
    No idea why you are. I have uninstalled the updates on the Facebook app and installed the older version. I just did it two days ago.
    I think the issue here is that newer Note5's might have a higher version of Facebook preloaded. I got my phone yesterday and today I uninstalled all updates and it went back to version 34 so I cannot install v27 since 34 is the earliest version pre-installed on the phone. This sucks I really liked that sync option.
    10-25-2015 07:52 AM
    I think the issue here is that newer Note5's might have a higher version of Facebook preloaded. I got my phone yesterday and today I uninstalled all updates and it went back to version 34 so I cannot install v27 since 34 is the earliest version pre-installed on the phone. This sucks I really liked that sync option.
    Newer Note 5's?

Somw carriers might have installed a newer version of Facebook.
    10-25-2015 09:30 AM
    Newer Note 5's?

Somw carriers might have installed a newer version of Facebook.
    I just meant more recently purchased ones. I'm on Verizon with the factory Facebook at v34
    10-25-2015 12:25 PM
    I just meant more recently purchased ones. I'm on Verizon with the factory Facebook at v34
    This phone is 2 months old, I'm sure the software is the same. What is selling now was manufactured long ago.

I think my app wasn't even an app, just a placeholder to download the app. Carriers could do Facebook differently on their devices. I have TMO.
    10-25-2015 01:04 PM
    This actually makes sense!! I have Galaxy S6 and when I uninstall all updates, it goes back to version 35, therefore version 27 is not able to be installed because you cannot install a lesser version. So this workaround is not plausible if you don't have a pre-installed version less than 27 on your device.

The only workaround I have seen that is plausible is to install another app that works with Facebook and will update the contact pictures for you. The best one that I have seen is called "sync.me".

Please do let me know if anyone sees a better workaround!
    10-26-2015 11:17 AM
    This actually makes sense!! I have Galaxy S6 and when I uninstall all updates, it goes back to version 35, therefore version 27 is not able to be installed.
    My S6 Edge didn't go back to 35.

I would look at carriers and see what version they are installing. AT&T installed version 16 on their Note 4, no matter when it was bought.

The software hasn't changed yet for the phones and I doubt they will ever change their Facebook version for a particular phone. They don't update Facebook, you do.
    Gia Venturi likes this.
    10-26-2015 11:19 AM
    no i can't sync new facebook contacts but my old contacts are still linked to facebook just not new ones
    10-27-2015 11:27 AM
    You can sync your FB contacts with Yahoo, after download yahoo mail app and sign in, let it sync, then do sync.me.
    10-27-2015 04:22 PM
    I haven't read much but I left the alpha/beta testing and now I'm able to sync again. I'm not sure if you guys are using the alpha/beta app but I left and now I'm good.
    10-27-2015 04:33 PM
    You would have Facebook installed, version 27 and after they are synced, you update to the newer version.
    so you're saying:

1. uninstall current fb (v51)
    2. install v27
    3. system settings > accounts > facebook > sync contacts
    4. now all the fb contacts (not phone contacts/google contacts/whatever) should appear in your contacts lists?

questions:
    1. when uninstalling v51 fb, do you need to also uninstall fb pages manager? fb messenger?
    2. where can i find v27 because the link you provided page 1 doesnt work
    3. at what exact point in the process should i notice all my fb contacts visible in the phone's contact list?

thanks
    10-28-2015 12:11 AM
    Just uninstall Facebook. I have no idea how all appear, I don't sync Facebook contacts. I'm assuming everything you have synced will appear in your contacts list.

I don't believe I provided a link on page one. Search for Facebook at apk mirror and they have all the versions or just Google Facebook version 27 apk and you will find it.
    10-28-2015 09:17 AM
    i got facebook v52 thinking it would fix my contacts syncing problem but it did not. will facebook never fix this. I am not dealing with the hassle of downgrading to a older facebook version.
    ChS5 likes this.
    10-29-2015 06:08 AM
    i got facebook v52 thinking it would fix my contacts syncing problem but it did not. will facebook never fix this. I am not dealing with the hassle of downgrading to a older facebook version.
    You only downgrade for a minute and then sync your contacts and then upgrade as usual.
    10-29-2015 07:21 AM
    would I have to do this each time for my contacts. will facebook fix this.
    10-29-2015 12:54 PM
274 ... 45678 ...