12-21-2016 10:47 AM
274 ... 56789 ...
tools
    would I have to do this each time for my contacts. will facebook fix this.
    Everyone that has done this has had a one time fix.
    wilmad likes this.
    10-29-2015 01:46 PM
    OK great. Thanks Kelly. It finally worked. previous attempts i tried installing v41 but never was able to try 27 until today because i had used the wrong link for a 27 in the past and assumed it was the same error as the 41 attempt.

what i did was (samsung s5):
    1. uninstall facebook
    2. google "facebook apk 27"
    3. downloaded v27
    4. run, open, sign in, allow samsung access
    5. go to facebook app > settings menu > app settings > sync contacts (down the bottom)
    6. close facebook
    7. phone settings > accounts > facebook > sync contacts > sync now
    8. now finally the fb contacts (not google contacts/sim/whatever) are visible in contacts list.

will try upgrading to v51 (newest) now and see if it remains. thanks
    Kelly Kearns and slickrick54 like this.
    10-29-2015 10:11 PM
    OK great. Thanks Kelly. It finally worked. previous attempts i tried installing v41 but never was able to try 27 until today because i had used the wrong link for a 27 in the past and assumed it was the same error as the 41 attempt.

what i did was (samsung s5):
    1. uninstall facebook
    2. google "facebook apk 27"
    3. downloaded v27
    4. run, open, sign in, allow samsung access
    5. go to facebook app > settings menu > app settings > sync contacts (down the bottom)
    6. close facebook
    7. phone settings > accounts > facebook > sync contacts > sync now
    8. now finally the fb contacts (not google contacts/sim/whatever) are visible in contacts list.

will try upgrading to v51 (newest) now and see if it remains. thanks
    With S5 the issue is easy because you can actually remove FB completely from the S5.
    jhunt1966 likes this.
    10-30-2015 02:57 AM
    mine is the same. since the most recent Facebook update it seems this option is missing and its as if the facebook account has been deleted from my fone. When I look at my contact setting in the fone where it shows me which contacts are available to view Facebook is no longer listed. on the screenshot u put up there, my option to sync contacts is missing. my daughter says that they now sync from messenger but the option is on in messenger to sync contacts and still no luck...

ps mine is a samsung galaxy S5 with the most recent update also G900FXXU1BOJ1 come to think of it, it might be the software update that has stopped the contact sync
    10-30-2015 06:40 PM
    Hi
    I have one problem

I have Galaxy S4 ( Android 5.0.1)
    Device not sync my contacts from Facebook. Till yesterday it was ok and everyday device automatically syncing new friends, and they was in my phonebook (contactlist). Now I checked sync, and start syncing . Then I open phonebook, and there is not contacts from Facebook.

How can I resolve it?

Thanks
    10-31-2015 02:46 PM
    That changed if you keep reading.
    11-01-2015 03:14 PM
    Hi
    I have one problem

I have Galaxy S4 ( Android 5.0.1)
    Device not sync my contacts from Facebook. Till yesterday it was ok and everyday device automatically syncing new friends, and they was in my phonebook (contactlist). Now I checked sync, and start syncing . Then I open phonebook, and there is not contacts from Facebook.

How can I resolve it?

Thanks
    Have you read the thread, especially starting around post #25?
    11-01-2015 03:15 PM
    Kelly, like I mentioned above, everything is set as it should, under Facebook account the Sync with this device and sync contacts are both selected, you can even hit sync now and it never gives an error and seems to run, but no contacts are syncing. Mine and every other phone one I've set has worked great, this 2 simply don't work.
    I am also having this problem with my galaxy s5 after I had to reinstall it after it was having some problems, my Facebook contacts won't sync, I've gone through every setting in Facebook and my phone, I've even done a hard reset and tried it again, but I'm getting a new phone through the insurance tomorrow and hopefully it'll work fine, I've never had this problem before, I'll keep you updated.
    11-01-2015 03:19 PM
    While going back to version 27 does allow all the contacts to return, it is only for a short time. Mine stayed for about a week, but are now gone again. It is way too much of a pain in the rear to keep uninstalling the FB app, installing v27, syncing, then allowing it to upgrade. What we need to do is virtually storm the doors of Facebook and demand the return of this feature.
    11-01-2015 06:14 PM
    Of Facebook doesn't want to return it, doesn't matter how many demand it.

I was in a special group for almost two years with Facebook developers and others major employees, for Beta testing.

They don't care, the advertisers decide what they do.
    11-01-2015 06:27 PM
    Driving me insane this is happening to me for the last week or so. I got logged out for something stupid and it won't resync my contacts. People are calling I have no idea who they are I can't find phone numbers. Going nuts and need this it's my whole communications link!

Anyone fixes this please post trying not to have to reset my phone!
    11-01-2015 08:51 PM
    I don't sync contacts and if someone from my Facebook list accidentally calls me, it shows their name and picture on my screen.
    11-01-2015 09:10 PM
    11-02-2015 01:25 PM
    Question:

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy 5. Super happy to have found this thread.

Downgraded to 27 ... now, if I upgrade again ... will new contacts *continue* to sync? Or,does this fix just enable current connections to be synced; and then -- future connections are not synced?
    11-04-2015 10:34 AM
    I uninstalled Facebook, installed Facebook version 27 and then synced my contacts..seems to work. But then when you update Facebook to the current version (52 or 53), it won't sync with anything newly added. So you'd have to downgrade to version 27 every time you want to sync with new Facebook contacts that you add to your contact list.

I also installed sync.me which seems to add photos for my contacts in my contact list...but often doesn't find some people that are listed with Facebook names that are different from their real First & Last name.

Hopefully Facebook fixes this issue as it's driving me crazy!
    Lemur21 likes this.
    11-05-2015 12:49 AM
    Same issue...Facebook contacts not syncing so no links are available between my gmail contacts and facebook contacts. I used to see the pictures pulled from facebook on my contacts...not anymore.
    Anyone know of a good way of having images from my contacts pulled from facebook with a 3rd party app?
    Lemur21 likes this.
    11-05-2015 07:55 AM
    So - it looks like I'm not going to update to 52/53 yet
    11-05-2015 09:04 AM
    can confirm that upgrading to 52+ (after going to 27 and it working perfectly) will NOT work.

in other words, after updating all my facebook contacts into my phone (S5) with v27 installed, i then upgraded to v52, i then added a new fb friend to my fb list. This friend cannot sync with my phone now that i'm on 52.

if you want to retain the contact sync feature with facebook on your S5, you have to keep v27 installed and NOT update the facebook app. Very annoying but at least it's info.
    Lemur21 likes this.
    11-07-2015 04:09 AM
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the posting and its help.

My way :

Go to this website and download - developers.facebook.com/docs/android/downloads

Ver. 29 facebook apps

Note: enable the unknow source for this apps installation

After installed, sellect the 'synch all' option in the facebook app.

Then all contacts is synched without 3rd party app.

Cheers

Samsung note 5 user
    11-07-2015 10:06 PM
    Hi guys,

Thanks for the posting and its help.

My way :

Go to this website and download - developers.facebook.com/docs/android/downloads

Ver. 29 facebook apps

Note: enable the unknow source for this apps installation

After installed, sellect the 'synch all' option in the facebook app.

Then all contacts is synched without 3rd party app.

Cheers

Samsung note 5 user
    Yeah this solution has already been found. The problem remains in when the app gets updated, it goes back to the old problem again.
    Lemur21 likes this.
    11-08-2015 01:13 AM
    Here is how I fixed mine.
    Settings : Applications : Application Manager: All App
    Stopped Facebook app
    Cleared Data
    On settings:accounts:Facebook : sync with your device
    More option : sync now
    Contacts now are syncing fine
    Facebook ver 53.0.0. 29.18

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-09-2015 11:57 AM
    that does mess up the app. I got v54 and that still did not fix the problem.
    11-10-2015 06:01 AM
    I'm working on two phones with the same problem. Did all the resets and still nothing. Also trying to avoid third party apps
    11-10-2015 11:48 AM
    Any solutions with external apps that could update the contacts sync aste if it was the Original Facebook?
    11-11-2015 01:45 AM
    Thank you so much! This worked for my S4 perfectly.
    11-11-2015 01:48 PM
274 ... 56789 ...