Facebook Contacts sync not working

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I would like somebody to help me here, I have set 3 Note 5 already, all of them from T-mobile and actually all at same firmware version plus same Facebook version.

It's the first time that I have seen this, from the three the only one that it's syncing with Facebook is mine. There is not even an option to do it in thr Facebook App, under App settings. At first I thought that it was that the Allow syncing pop up that brings the initial setup was not selected so I proceeded to reset, Facebook app, Removed account, cleared data from Samsung Galaxy app and everything related to it and Facebook, so I began from scratch without a factory reset. In a summary, I wasted my time, it's still the same, you can see that everything is set to sync in the Facebook account settings, it doesn't give an error but nothing happens.

Mine was set almost 3 weeks ago and it worked as it should and it still works, when I set the second one last week I noticed that it didn't work but the user didn't want to sync with Facebook so no problem with that one, but I was very curious as to why it happened. So yesterday another coworker came with a new Note 5 and asked me to help him setting everything and the first thing he asked me was why the Facebook contacts were not syncing. Again I did everything I did last week with the other one and nothing, I even Uninstalled all updates and disabled the app, then I sidelined one of the previous versions trying to see if something was changed in the latest one but nothing, still no option to sync contacts in the App and everything is set as it should but nothing.

Looking in Google for Facebook contacts not syncing brings hundreds of results but none seems to be related, so anybody else with same issue? Any ideas? , thanks.

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Only work around is a third party like sync my pix or sync.me. But I'm sure that's what you're trying to avoid. Also did Facebook have any updates since the first two phones? That might be the cause if it's missing. Maybe it will reappear with another update. Maybe copy the apk of your Facebook and put it on the other phone. I'm not a tech person so not sure if that's done without root. HTH.

Posted via the Android Central App

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'd delete Facebook and reinstall see if it shows up. Only work around is a third party like sync my pix or sync.me. But I'm sure that's what you're trying to avoid. HTH.

Facebook can't be deleted, just disabled, and I did that already, I cleared everything and sideloaded an old version to see what it does, and nothing.

Yes, I'm trying to avoid third party apps as this is for a very newbie user that comes from a Windows phone and I'm just trying to keep things as simple as possible.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Only work around is a third party like sync my pix or sync.me. But I'm sure that's what you're trying to avoid. Also did Facebook have any updates since the first two phones? That might be the cause if it's missing. Maybe it will reappear with another update. Maybe copy the apk of your Facebook and put it on the other phone. I'm not a tech person so not sure if that's done without root. HTH.

Facebook had some recent updates, that's why I went back to an old version, trying to see if it was a change on it. As far as I know the only way to copy APK from my phone to use in another one is with Root.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
With 80 views and no other replies, does this means that everybody else has their Facebook Contacts syncing, just like it should and like mine? Then, what can be different in these 2 new T-Mobile Note 5 that even with same Facebook App and Firmware versions they don't even have the Contacts sync option in the Facebook app?

I'm really tired of looking for a solution or at least an explanation and I ran out of ideas or possible causes, if it was just one phone then I'd say to try a Factory reset, but with 2..., it can't be just a coincidence, something else is going on here.

Let me know if at least you have your Facebook Contacts synced and you can see them in your Contacts app.

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I can sync my contacts by going to my settings, then accounts, and the option to sync contacts is within the facebook settings there. In the actual app, I have "continuous contact upload" is that what you are missing? Try turning it on from the settings in the phone.

I'm also having an issue with not getting any push notifications whatsoever from Facebook and I too have tried a million and one things to get it to work, including uninstalling updates and removing my account. So, I'm not surprised you're having an issue, the Fb app is just a mess!

EDIT I just re-read your post and saw that you do have the settings turned on. Lol, whoops I'm sorry. :-X

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I can sync my contacts by going to my settings, then accounts, and the option to sync contacts is within the facebook settings there. In the actual app, I have "continuous contact upload" is that what you are missing? Try turning it on from the settings in the phone.

I'm also having an issue with not getting any push notifications whatsoever from Facebook and I too have tried a million and one things to get it to work, including uninstalling updates and removing my account. So, I'm not surprised you're having an issue, the Fb app is just a mess!

EDIT I just re-read your post and saw that you do have the settings turned on. Lol, whoops I'm sorry. :-X

Thanks, but everything is set as it should, just like mine, the option that is missing is the following one and what I think is not allowing the sync. You will see in the screenshot I'm attaching that it should show the Contacts Settings option, but in their phones, the App settings just get to the "Facebook Chat" option.

Screenshot_2015-09-22-16-07-01.jpg

Mariah Richardson

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, but everything is set as it should, just like mine, the option that is missing is the following one and what I think is not allowing the sync. You will see in the screenshot I'm attaching that it should show the Contacts Settings option, but in their phones, the App settings just get to the "Facebook Chat" option.

View attachment 197896

I just checked mine and I do not have that option. Hm. The only thing related to contacts is the "continuous contact upload" listed right above "links open externally"

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I just checked mine and I do not have that option. Hm. The only thing related to contacts is the "continuous contact upload" listed right above "links open externally"

That's what I don't understand, why I have that option and the rest of Note 5 I have checked don't, all from same carrier and in same firmware and facebook app version.

I turned on yesterday that option you mentioned, but it didn't do any difference at all, so I turned it off again. I don't have that option on and I can sync without issues.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
That's what I don't understand, why I have that option and the rest of Note 5 I have checked don't, all from same carrier and in same firmware and facebook app version.

I turned on yesterday that option you mentioned, but it didn't do any difference at all, so I turned it off again. I don't have that option on and I can sync without issues.
That option is there on mine as well, though I have it disabled...

6658a808fe5929c933ece6d9a5e3caa1.jpg

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I am able to sync my contacts but Facebook is still wonky for me. It won't let me turn off notifications and will continuously push them to my phone despite having them off.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Go to your settings and accounts, then Facebook and open the Facebook account. Syncing contacts is there.

Attachments

• 1443134164836.jpg
    1443134164836.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 188

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Go to your settings and accounts, then Facebook and open the Facebook account. Syncing contacts is there.

Kelly, like I mentioned above, everything is set as it should, under Facebook account the Sync with this device and sync contacts are both selected, you can even hit sync now and it never gives an error and seems to run, but no contacts are syncing. Mine and every other phone one I've set has worked great, this 2 simply don't work.

mjknight02

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem on my Galaxy S4! I had to uninstall the app then reinstalled but I don't have that option either. None of my contacts are syncing. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. I even tried a a couple of 3rd party app but that didn't work either! It's as if FB isn't releasing my contacts. Did you figure this out yet?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Without reading back.. Did anyone try sideloading an old version of FB that has the contact sync option, turning it on and making sure it is turned on in the account also, then sync the contacts and then update FB?

mjknight02

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Yes the first poster did. I just installed FB on my husband's Droid Maxx and that option is missing too. So it has to be the app. I just made a report to FB but who knows where that will go! I am now missing very important business clients info due to this so I am not happy! How do I get an older version to upload to see if that works?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem on my Galaxy S4! I had to uninstall the app then reinstalled but I don't have that option either. None of my contacts are syncing. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. I even tried a a couple of 3rd party app but that didn't work either! It's as if FB isn't releasing my contacts. Did you figure this out yet?

No, I just gave up for now, it wasn't for me and for a favor it took too much of my time and for just being at the exact same spot I was when I began looking for an answer.

Without reading back.. Did anyone try sideloading an old version of FB that has the contact sync option, turning it on and making sure it is turned on in the account also, then sync the contacts and then update FB?

Yes, I tried that, I uninstalled all updates, disabled the app and sideloaded the latest version I found the one that was more or less the version for when the Note 5 was released, nothing dissent, just the same, no contacts sync option in the App settings and with all account settings syncing contacts nothing happens. Still understand why I have the contacts sync option and others with same firmware and Facebook versions don't have it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar