Facebook Contacts sync not working

Seth Mishne

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
so if I get v52 my new facebook will show up in my contacts. I have v50 right now and it said something about contacts uploads. is this a bug or did facebook mean to do this. I hope there Is a easy solution to fix this.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I don't know why I keep on getting the App not Installed. I've tried links on this site and googled Facebook Version 27.... still not getting it to install. Even making 3rd parties able to be installed on my phone.

I'm not sure why you are getting the error message. I ran version 27 on my Note 4 for weeks, FB came pre-installed on it also.

Even on my S6E I ran version 27 and never updated it.

LuckyTaxes

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Kelly, I've downloaded EVERY Version 27 from that site and after I download the file, open it and press Install... I keep getting the error message: "xApp Not Installed"

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Kelly, I've downloaded EVERY Version 27 from that site and after I download the file, open it and press Install... I keep getting the error message: "xApp Not Installed"

No idea why you are. I have uninstalled the updates on the Facebook app and installed the older version. I just did it two days ago.

Meliette13

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site

I'm getting the same error you are, I have also uninstalled all updates, disabled the app, approved 3rd party apps, and get the xApp Not Installed error. Tried every version 27 also. Going insane :(

LuckyTaxes

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting the same error you are, I have also uninstalled all updates, disabled the app, approved 3rd party apps, and get the xApp Not Installed error. Tried every version 27 also. Going insane :(

I just wish Facebook would fix it!!!

If you want a quick fix, I installed sync.me and got most of my contact's pictures.

katastrofee

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I cleared cache, data, uninstalled ver 51, reinstalled ver 27 and now my contacts are syncing in my galaxy s5. Thanks for the tip!

Posted via the Android Central App

stace_ww

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I am missing that same option. I have tried all of the suggestions listed above with no results. My Facebook contacts and contact pictures are not syncing to my phone.

Jaycee83

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Downloading version 27 and setting it to sync contacts did the trick, then just let it update and it still syncs. Thanks for guiding me to download an even older version than the one I thought first, definitely it was removed since a couple of months ago, and it seems that this is the only way to get it working now, weird thing is that mine has always worked, only logical explanation is that one of my restore process with Google, Smart switch and Helium is also restoring the old app settings into the new one.

This worked for me. I did a FB update about 2 days ago and all of a sudden this morning had no contacts synced. Turns out the sync contacts option was removed from FB on my latest update. Tried every other fix except the 3rd party app, this one worked. I just completed the update and so far so good! Thanks everyone!

balero98

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile and have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and was experience the same thing.…no FB contacts were showing up no matter what I did. I went to App info for the Facbook app and choose "Clear Data". I then power cycled the phone. After turning on sync and making sure all my sync settings were still in order I went to my contacts and viola! All my Facebook contacts were there. Sucks to have to do these workarounds, but this one worked for me.

ChS5

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
i dont understand why the newer versions (50, 52) would have the "sync contacts" checkbox option in app settings > accounts > facebook and yet still not do any syncing of contacts (when you click it, it's immediately said to be done but doesnt actually do anything).

You have to sync the contacts before updating. It was version 27.

how do you sync fb contacts without fb installed?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
i dont understand why the newer versions (50, 52) would have the "sync contacts" checkbox option in app settings > accounts > facebook and yet still not do any syncing of contacts (when you click it, it's immediately said to be done but doesnt actually do anything).

how do you sync fb contacts without fb installed?

You would have Facebook installed, version 27 and after they are synced, you update to the newer version.

Slplsncc

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I would like somebody to help me here, I have set 3 Note 5 already, all of them from T-mobile and actually all at same firmware version plus same Facebook version.

It's the first time that I have seen this, from the three the only one that it's syncing with Facebook is mine. There is not even an option to do it in thr Facebook App, under App settings. At first I thought that it was that the Allow syncing pop up that brings the initial setup was not selected so I proceeded to reset, Facebook app, Removed account, cleared data from Samsung Galaxy app and everything related to it and Facebook, so I began from scratch without a factory reset. In a summary, I wasted my time, it's still the same, you can see that everything is set to sync in the Facebook account settings, it doesn't give an error but nothing happens.

Mine was set almost 3 weeks ago and it worked as it should and it still works, when I set the second one last week I noticed that it didn't work but the user didn't want to sync with Facebook so no problem with that one, but I was very curious as to why it happened. So yesterday another coworker came with a new Note 5 and asked me to help him setting everything and the first thing he asked me was why the Facebook contacts were not syncing. Again I did everything I did last week with the other one and nothing, I even Uninstalled all updates and disabled the app, then I sidelined one of the previous versions trying to see if something was changed in the latest one but nothing, still no option to sync contacts in the App and everything is set as it should but nothing.

Looking in Google for Facebook contacts not syncing brings hundreds of results but none seems to be related, so anybody else with same issue? Any ideas? , thanks.

I tried for day to get mine to sync up...it had been earlier this month. I tried everything so did the guy at tmobile. They had me call tech support with tmobile nothing worked. Tech support told me about a app to dowload it didnt work eithet. I tried w more apps begore ginding one that worked and it sync every contact up in a matter of a vouple minutes. I did have to search for a few contacts but just a few. The app to use is called "sync me" and its free.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The issue with different ones having different options can be Facebook rolling out things on the server side. I've seen differences with the same account and just different phones and both on the same Android version.

Thejuanald

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
No idea why you are. I have uninstalled the updates on the Facebook app and installed the older version. I just did it two days ago.

I think the issue here is that newer Note5's might have a higher version of Facebook preloaded. I got my phone yesterday and today I uninstalled all updates and it went back to version 34 so I cannot install v27 since 34 is the earliest version pre-installed on the phone. This sucks I really liked that sync option.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I think the issue here is that newer Note5's might have a higher version of Facebook preloaded. I got my phone yesterday and today I uninstalled all updates and it went back to version 34 so I cannot install v27 since 34 is the earliest version pre-installed on the phone. This sucks I really liked that sync option.

Newer Note 5's?

Somw carriers might have installed a newer version of Facebook.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I just meant more recently purchased ones. I'm on Verizon with the factory Facebook at v34

This phone is 2 months old, I'm sure the software is the same. What is selling now was manufactured long ago.

I think my app wasn't even an app, just a placeholder to download the app. Carriers could do Facebook differently on their devices. I have TMO.