Facebook Contacts sync not working

eveolve112121

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
I would like somebody to help me here, I have set 3 Note 5 already, all of them from T-mobile and actually all at same firmware version plus same Facebook version.

It's the first time that I have seen this, from the three the only one that it's syncing with Facebook is mine. There is not even an option to do it in thr Facebook App, under App settings. At first I thought that it was that the Allow syncing pop up that brings the initial setup was not selected so I proceeded to reset, Facebook app, Removed account, cleared data from Samsung Galaxy app and everything related to it and Facebook, so I began from scratch without a factory reset. In a summary, I wasted my time, it's still the same, you can see that everything is set to sync in the Facebook account settings, it doesn't give an error but nothing happens.

Mine was set almost 3 weeks ago and it worked as it should and it still works, when I set the second one last week I noticed that it didn't work but the user didn't want to sync with Facebook so no problem with that one, but I was very curious as to why it happened. So yesterday another coworker came with a new Note 5 and asked me to help him setting everything and the first thing he asked me was why the Facebook contacts were not syncing. Again I did everything I did last week with the other one and nothing, I even Uninstalled all updates and disabled the app, then I sidelined one of the previous versions trying to see if something was changed in the latest one but nothing, still no option to sync contacts in the App and everything is set as it should but nothing.

Looking in Google for Facebook contacts not syncing brings hundreds of results but none seems to be related, so anybody else with same issue? Any ideas? , thanks.

You have to click on continuous contacts upload under app settings and it starts syncing

Last edited by a moderator:

captainbdsc

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You have to click on continuous contacts upload under app settings and it starts syncing

If that is true, maybe they should name it something other than upload? Sounds like it just sends your phone contacts to FB so you can easily Friend them there... This why I have never allowed it to do that.

Can you show some sort of "proof" that this works?

Posted via the Android Central App

erikk00

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
If that is true, maybe they should name it something other than upload? Sounds like it just sends your phone contacts to FB so you can easily Friend them there... This why I have never allowed it to do that.

Can you show some sort of "proof" that this works?

Has anyone actually confirmed this works? I am very opposed to giving Facebook any more contact information than I already have. I am not going to upload my contacts unless it will absolutely 100% bring back the contact photo syncing.

cjxsutton

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone actually confirmed this works? I am very opposed to giving Facebook any more contact information than I already have. I am not going to upload my contacts unless it will absolutely 100% bring back the contact photo syncing.
It doesn't. I have/had it on. It just lets you find more people to add as Facebook friends

captainbdsc

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I wish it were that easy. It is true if you go into the messenger settings there is a sync option, but if you "learn more" it explains that it is the same thing as in the FB app, just an upload of your own phone contacts to FB servers.

Facebook contacts are now being synced through the Messenger app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-25-23-05-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-11-25-23-05-12.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 97

maazsaif

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
same problem with me, using Galaxy Note 5 International Variant, before it was working fine but after resetting my phone, syncing won't work. this is the issue of facebook new update coz they remove contacts syncing option from thr app. and from account setting sync option is not there.

captainbdsc

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
v27 has calendar sync and it also syncs gallery and of course contacts.

Be sure to disable the com.facebook.appmanager app as well otherwise you will wake up to version 50something one morning...

Reverted to v26 (the oldest made for Android 5.0+). Contacts sync fine but no option for calendar sync.

Erika EE

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I've been trying to figure this out for hours. I have found a few discussions in other forums where people are writing that google is no longer allowing facebook contacts to link. So you would have to download a much older version of FB which is not recommended

arunverma198

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
I've been trying to figure this out for hours. I have found a few discussions in other forums where people are writing that google is no longer allowing facebook contacts to link. So you would have to download a much older version of FB which is not recommended
But for now Erika EE..it is the only way to resolve the issue of syncing contacts from fb. Do you have any other suggestion. :)

Chris Randazzo

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Try updating the "SNS PROVIDER" go to the galaxy apps store (not Google apps or play store) search for sns provider and make sure it's updated

spquillen

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
I have the galaxy s4 and I am having the same problem. They were there last week and now they are gone. If I go to my contacts I dont even have the options to link through FB. I even went into verizon and they had no idea how to fix it. The only syncing it shows is with Google which is not something I have ever picked. I am at a loss as to how to fix this. The only reason I really want it is because not everyones name shows up when they text me and I might not know their number. VERY frustrated!

captainbdsc

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the galaxy s4 and I am having the same problem. They were there last week and now they are gone. If I go to my contacts I dont even have the options to link through FB. I even went into verizon and they had no idea how to fix it. The only syncing it shows is with Google which is not something I have ever picked. I am at a loss as to how to fix this. The only reason I really want it is because not everyones name shows up when they text me and I might not know their number. VERY frustrated!

Basically install v.27 of Facebook and never update it again. Make sure to disable the other FB apps (if present) I mentioned earlier in the thread or it will automatically update even if you don't have that option turned on in the Play Store.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
You have 2 options
  1. Download the version 27 apk that everyone is suggesting. Hopefully you find a version that no one hacked and added any viruses, spyware, malware, etc. And this also means that you won't have any new features that fb may add. Also, how long do you really think it will be before fb catches on and finds a way to cripple the older versions?
  2. Keep the up to date version of fb that you safely installed from the Play Store. Install Sync.ME to sync your contacts. Sync.ME is primarily a CallerID app to help you block spam but you DO NOT have to use that feature in order for the fb contact syncing to work. In order to use their CallerID/Blocking service you need to upload all your contacts to their server but, I repeat, you DO NOT have to do this in order for the fb contact sync to work. This also works with Instagram, Google+, twitter and VKontakte.

UNSC Trekman

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
***ANSWER***

Make sure you have Facebook Messenger, log into it, and go to (*)Settings/People/Sync Contacts => on.

This should sync all your facebook contacts to your entire contact list appropriately.

I hope this helps.

Having the Facebook app without messenger signed in and active removes any contact sync, regardless of how many times you try.
Facebook no longer syncs, the Messenger app is how it's done now.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
***ANSWER***

Make sure you have Facebook Messenger, log into it, and go to (*)Settings/People/Sync Contacts => on.

This should sync all your facebook contacts to your entire contact list appropriately.

I hope this helps.

Having the Facebook app without messenger signed in and active removes any contact sync, regardless of how many times you try.

No, fb has admitted that it is no longer possible... https://m.facebook.com/help/community/question/10153485306296293/?locale2=en_US

captainbdsc

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
***ANSWER***

I hope this helps.

Like the previous comment, no this is not the answer. If you click/touch the "learn more" it shows that it is just an upload option, not a sync.

Screenshot_2015-12-12-21-24-44.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan