TouchWiz or Nova Prime

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, I'm merely curious.
Do most Note 5 owners use the TouchWiz launcher or the Nova Prime launcher?

I just read a thread, where apparently one can't post Notes to the home screen, if using Nova Prime or other launchers, other than TouchWiz. Hence this thread.

I'm looking forward to everyone's comments...

mfprince

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
I use Nova Prime, since I went over to Android. It's been installed on every phone and tablet for me. I'm not a heavy s-pen user (yet) so I can't speak to the issue you mention. My advice - try it and if you don't like it you can always switch back to TW.

Posted via the Android Central App

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I have used nova in the past, but nowadays i use the stock launcher. Touchwiz is a lot better than it used to be, and for me i dont need a diff launcher.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

Harlemknight

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Nova Prime, imo it is the best. So many options. Really wakes the phone up.

Sent from my Note 5 that I said I wouldn't get but now that I have it I love it.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I have a note 10.1 2014, tab 4, note 3 and 4...they all have nova prime. This is the only one running all stock. With the themes and speed, I haven't felt the need for Nova. I haven't even changed animations to speed anything up. This thing just works out of the box. It.just.works!

General Tso

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I used Nova previously but honestly, this new version of TouchWiz isn't that bad. I'm sticking with it for now.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
nova and only because touch wiz doesn't let us add more then 4 home tray icons arg
no problems with it though. i like the option to lock home screen settings

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I use Nova Prime because I like the gestures. I love the ability to make folders look like single apps and then I can swipe on them to open up and show the rest of the apps inside. I also like swiping down on my home screen to reveal the notification shade. And I setup a gesture to double tap the screen to do an app search. These few features make it hard for me to use anything else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I use Nova Prime because I like the gestures. I love the ability to make folders look like single apps and then I can swipe on them to open up and show the rest of the apps inside. I also like swiping down on my home screen to reveal the notification shade. And I setup a gesture to double tap the screen to do an app search. These few features make it hard for me to use anything else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Agree with this. Gestures add so much functionality. I have a swipe up set to Google now. Swipe down to bring down the notification shade. Such a tall phone it makes a big difference. You can also hide apps in the app draw. Lots of more features overall.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I use Nova Prime because like someone else said before you can lock the screens so you don't unintentionally move or delete apps with your fingers. ..

4cb317a330fc70a2bfd891174f8a685e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Nova hands down. Touch Wiz may be way better than before, but there are so many customized and easy functions inside Nova (few have been mentioned here already) that it really does make the phone a joy to use. I have had it on my Note 3 and Note 5 since day one and will not use TW because it's just not as feature rich.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Used to use nova but have been using stock. I absolutely hated touchwhiz before but what they did with it is an absolute joy.

Sent from my smexy T-Mobile Note 5

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Rather tempting for me to try TouchWiz again. I bought my device, and within minutes to turning it on, the first app installed was Nova Prime...

Used to use nova but have been using stock. I absolutely hated touchwhiz before but what they did with it is an absolute joy.

Sent from my smexy T-Mobile Note 5

anon(9652351)

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Always used Nova Prime in the past but wouldn't touch it now...Heres why:

1. Nova customer service for a USA based app sucks....They never respond.

2. Many badge counts no longer work at all in Nova Prime running their badge count app...OR it says I have 3,829 unread messages when I have zero.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance