11-16-2015 09:48 AM
132 1234 ...
tools
    Making folders look like a single app and swiping to open it, isn't that action launcher's feature? Don't think nova has that..
    I don't use action launcher....It's Nova.

TouchWiz or Nova Prime-uploadfromtaptalk1443023706123.jpg
    TouchWiz or Nova Prime-uploadfromtaptalk1443023721125.jpg
    TouchWiz or Nova Prime-uploadfromtaptalk1443023735446.jpg
    TouchWiz or Nova Prime-screenshot_2015-09-23-11-58-02.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    qdigga and Harlemknight like this.
    09-23-2015 10:56 AM
    I had used Nova on previous device, using TouchWiz on Note 5 currently. I am okay with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-23-2015 11:10 AM
    Were you using Telsa Unread, too? That does help...

Always used Nova Prime in the past but wouldn't touch it now...Heres why:

1. Nova customer service for a USA based app sucks....They never respond.

2. Many badge counts no longer work at all in Nova Prime running their badge count app...OR it says I have 3,829 unread messages when I have zero.
    2morebatteries likes this.
    09-23-2015 11:40 AM
    Were you using Telsa Unread, too? That does help...
    Yep, with all notifiications enabled, as well as allowing monitoring of the notification bar.
    09-23-2015 12:00 PM
    If facebook is in a folder, the unread count for the folder will show double.

For example, I have facebook and words with friends in the same folder. If I have a wwf notification, it'll show as 1 on the folder. Add a facebook notification, and the folder now shows 4...double the total.

The unread badges are very buggy... and though it may not affect you, these are known issues experienced (and reported) by many.
    I don't use Facebook so perhaps that's the reason. Otherwise, zero issues.
    09-23-2015 12:05 PM
    Expanded folder:

Folder view (double unread):
    09-23-2015 12:06 PM
    Making folders look like a single app and swiping to open it, isn't that action launcher's feature?
    ^^ that's an awesome feature of Nova. I keep my apps in folders and use the gesture/swipe to open the most key app inside that folder. Example, I have several items in my Navigation folder but I link the gesture to Waze as my in car Navi is what gets me around but Waze is there to help me see and hear if the cops are waiting for me down the road.

I also love the general gestures available in Nova. For the sake of screen and appearance I hide the key apps in my drawer at the bottom but rather access them through gestures. See my desktop image below.

• Double Tap opens texts
    • Swipe up with one finger is my phone
    • Swipe up opens weather
    • Pinch outwards opens my calender
    • Swipe down opens email

I have it so customized I can't recall what's stock and what's not anymore.

09-23-2015 12:14 PM
    My badge counts work just fine on my Note 3 and 5. Never had a need to contact support. Just saying....
    Badge count worked terribly on my Note4
    09-23-2015 12:51 PM
    I would say that Tesla Unread badges were mostly hit but sometimes miss. That said, I have been having issues with GMail and Google Messenger showing badge counts on TouchWhiz
    09-23-2015 12:54 PM
    If facebook is in a folder, the unread count for the folder will show double.

For example, I have facebook and words with friends in the same folder. If I have a wwf notification, it'll show as 1 on the folder. Add a facebook notification, and the folder now shows 4...double the total.

The first hangouts message I received, it showed 999 unread.

Until yesterday, I had switched to Textra... then my wife sent me a text that had the number 60 in it.... icon showed 60 unread.

The unread badges are very buggy... and though it may not affect you, these are known issues experienced (and reported) by many.
    Exactly what mine did. If you had a number in a message or email the badge count would show that number....So like I mentioned earlier Nova Prime SUCKS....for them to STILL not address an issue like that after more than a year tells me one thing...They are finished with developing their product and could care less about the users now. That is why I am NEVER using Nova again. Touchwiz and the TW unread badges work absolutely prefect, couldn't be happier.
    09-23-2015 12:55 PM
    I rely on Gestures everyday, and my settings for Nova Prime goes as follows:

Pinch In - Messages
    Swipe Up - App Search
    Swipe Down- Waze
    Double Tap - Gnotes

I tried this with Action Launcher 3, BUT they just don't have enough gestures like Nova Prime. Don't get me wrong I liked Action Launcher 2, BUT the Developer removed the sidebar menu feature where you just swipe from the left, I loved that because it worked for just about every app. Since then, it really hasn't been the same, so I went to Nova. I do like changing up launchers every once in a while, but I end up Always returning back to Nova Prime.
    IF AL 3, has similar gestures like Nova Prime, I might consider switching to AL 3. However, NP, doesn't lag very much, and hardly drains the battery, unlike others.
    09-23-2015 12:57 PM
    What are the limitations of the S Pen when using Nova?

Posted via the Android Central App
    I haven't had any problems with the s pen functions when using Nova

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    09-23-2015 03:01 PM
    Making folders look like a single app and swiping to open it, isn't that action launcher's feature? Don't think nova has that..
    Yes, Nova does have this feature.

Jay Sacks likes this.
    09-23-2015 03:15 PM
    I've been using nova prime with developer options. And its been lightning fast with no problems. Its totally worth the price.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    09-23-2015 03:47 PM
    I am using Nova Prime to be able to add more apps to the dock and change icons. I also got rid of the icon labels. TW is OK I just want the customization I get from using Nova Prime.

Delirious D likes this.
    09-23-2015 06:39 PM
    I also like that with Nova you can enable screen rotation on the Homescreen for landscape mode.
    anon(153966) likes this.
    09-23-2015 08:02 PM
    Always used Nova Prime in the past but wouldn't touch it now...Heres why:

1. Nova customer service for a USA based app sucks....They never respond.

2. Many badge counts no longer work at all in Nova Prime running their badge count app...OR it says I have 3,829 unread messages when I have zero.
    I've noticed the incorrect badge count as well while using nova.

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk
    09-23-2015 10:02 PM
    Guess no one cares about action memo widgets but me. Would like to use Nova for the gestures, but I need those action memo widgets...
    debdroid1a, ksteph and StevenJ_AK like this.
    09-23-2015 10:08 PM
    While using Nova and Telsa Unread?

I've noticed the incorrect badge count as well while using nova.

09-23-2015 10:39 PM
    That's where my Calendar & its reminders, comes into play...

Guess no one cares about action memo widgets but me. Would like to use Nova for the gestures, but I need those action memo widgets...
    09-23-2015 10:40 PM
    While using Nova and Telsa Unread?
    Yes sir.

09-23-2015 10:41 PM
    I switch between TouchWiz, Nova and Google Now Launcher.

Never even thought I would like TouchWiz but credit goes to Samsung for cleaning it up.

Want to be in control of the experience? Nothing beats Nova. From gestures to quick search to customizing desktop grids, Nova is the ultimate launcher.

When I want to experience and drink the stock Android cool-aid, I switch to Material TouchWiz Theme and then use Google Now Launcher.

Carlo Villa likes this.
    09-24-2015 12:36 AM
    I switch between TouchWiz, Nova and Google Now Launcher.
    There are a bunch of apps that let you quickly switch between launchers. The one I used to use was Home Chooser Flow, but there are a bunch of them.

I say "used to" because after flipping through as many as I could try, for the past couple of years I've been all Nova Prime, all the time. I agree that TouchWiz is better than it used to be, and using NP isn't any particular judgement on TW...but there are a million NP customizations that I really can't live without anymore.

As for the wrong counts on the badges, I get why that's a dealbreaker for folks who rely on those...but that's not something I do.

Sorry, couldn't resist. LOL

We could probably do a whole 'nother thread on "Show your Nova customizations," but it really is a lot more than visual to me. It's even more than gestures. It's about creating your own little world. You can do it super fast, and it's super simple. You don't have to make a ton of tweaks if you don't want to, any more than you HAVE to tweak TW...but part of the fun of Android in general is that you CAN tweak.

And by using something like Home Chooser Flow, it really is a swipe and click to change back and forth between TW and NP as often as you want. No need to make it either/or.
    09-24-2015 02:17 AM
    I've always used apex launcher.. just my choice on all my android devices
    09-24-2015 03:43 AM
    Nova Prime with Sunshine Icon Pack

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    09-24-2015 05:05 AM
132 1234 ...