11-16-2015 09:48 AM
132 12345 ...
tools
    For those with badge count errors, try turning off the notification bar watcher. That was wonky for me. I'm using Nova and Tesla badge counts with no problems whatsoever. But I did have issues with it when notification bar watcher was turned on. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    09-24-2015 05:31 AM
    And I've always wondered why we needed the "notification bar watcher", considering that Telsa Unread is 'looking' for new items...

For those with badge count errors, try turning off the notification bar watcher. That was wonky for me. I'm using Nova and Tesla badge counts with no problems whatsoever. But I did have issues with it when notification bar watcher was turned on. Just a thought.

09-24-2015 06:21 AM
    And I've always wondered why we needed the "notification bar watcher", considering that Telsa Unread is 'looking' for new items...
    I believe ita because Tesla has an API so if the app utilizes the API, like Nine email for example, it will work without the notification bar watcher, but if the app does not use the API, the only option is to watch the bar.

anon(153966) likes this.
    09-24-2015 07:19 AM
    Guess no one cares about action memo widgets but me. Would like to use Nova for the gestures, but I need those action memo widgets...
    The s notes widget will show the active action memo. You can't do multiple though on Nova.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    09-24-2015 07:51 AM
    use nova prime

Posted via Android Central App
    09-24-2015 07:51 AM
    Making folders look like a single app and swiping to open it, isn't that action launcher's feature? Don't think nova has that..
    I don't know about swiping to open a folder, but actually all you do is tap it. Maybe that's what the responder meant.
    09-24-2015 08:54 AM
    I don't know about swiping to open a folder, but actually all you do is tap it. Maybe that's what the responder meant.
    Yeah, I saw this feature yesterday. You can change the way the folders in Nova open, one of them being Swipe to open on First Item.

Yes there is a feature called 'Covers' on Action Launcher and it has a swipe to open an app (messages, gmail, Facebook)
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    09-24-2015 09:17 AM
    Nova. For swipe gestures. Swipe down for notifications (I'm not going to try and reach the top of the screen every time I want to get to notifications.) Swipe up for app drawer. Double tap for screen off, etc.

Plus I only have a couple of folders on my homescreen, and I prefer to have them be one thumbnail image, instead of a jumbled mess like folders look regularly.

Lastly, the ability to lock the homescreen, so things don't move around accidentally.
    Anmolanjuli likes this.
    09-24-2015 09:42 AM
    Nova Launcher.
    Touchwiz on every device I have ever used it on keeps 2 cores at MAX most of the time. Touchwiz is not very optimized in my opinion.
    09-24-2015 12:23 PM
    I don't use action launcher....It's Nova.

Attachment 197995
    Attachment 197996
    Attachment 197997
    Attachment 197998

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    ^^ that's an awesome feature of Nova. I keep my apps in folders and use the gesture/swipe to open the most key app inside that folder. Example, I have several items in my Navigation folder but I link the gesture to Waze as my in car Navi is what gets me around but Waze is there to help me see and hear if the cops are waiting for me down the road.

I also love the general gestures available in Nova. For the sake of screen and appearance I hide the key apps in my drawer at the bottom but rather access them through gestures. See my desktop image below.

• Double Tap opens texts
    • Swipe up with one finger is my phone
    • Swipe up opens weather
    • Pinch outwards opens my calender
    • Swipe down opens email

I have it so customized I can't recall what's stock and what's not anymore.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/j...pscsttscji.png
    Yes, Nova does have this feature.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Ahh Sweet. Didn't know nova added that feature. Action launcher was the first to have that feature. Used to be nova prime user forever, but when action launcher added that folder feature, along with couple others I changed over.
    09-24-2015 12:42 PM
    Ahh Sweet. Didn't know nova added that feature. Action launcher was the first to have that feature. Used to be nova prime user forever, but when action launcher added that folder feature, along with couple others I changed over.
    yep, just tap and hold the folder and click edit. top is where you change name, bottom is where you select the app.
    09-24-2015 12:47 PM
    To be honest, I'm merely curious.
    Do most Note 5 owners use the TouchWiz launcher or the Nova Prime launcher?

I just read a thread, where apparently one can't post Notes to the home screen, if using Nova Prime or other launchers, other than TouchWiz. Hence this thread.

I'm looking forward to everyone's comments...
    I hate Touchwiz Launcher, but love Samsung phones. I use Smart Launcher Pro 3, though, not Nova Prime (although I bought both).

The problem with Touchwiz, Google Now Launcher, and other similar launchers (yes, including Nova) is that they make you organize everything yourself. Think of what it would be like if you clicked on Start in Windows and up popped every app on your computer, and you had to create a bunch of folders and organize them, yourself. Nobody would stand for that. Yet it is acceptable to fans of Google Now Launcher, etc.

Smart Launcher Pro does that for you. Sometimes it makes a mistake, but it's really easy to move an app to the drawer category where you think it belongs. There are other launchers that will categorize your apps into desktop folders, but they get a lot wrong and ignore a lot of your apps, so you have to do a lot of housekeeping, anyway.

While I'm on the SL3 topic, it also beats the pants off the search feature added to Google Now Launcher. GNL only searches for the first letters of an app. Smart Launcher gives you 2 options. Touch a letter, and it shows you all apps with that starting letter. Or type a string, and it shows you all the apps with a matching substring. So while "rad" won't turn up anything in GNL on my phone, in SL3, as I type that, it shows you TuneIn Radio, iHeart Radio, PKL3 Radar, etc.
    09-24-2015 01:40 PM
    Examples of Smart Launcher Pro 3:

TouchWiz or Nova Prime-2015-09-24-13.47.07.png

TouchWiz or Nova Prime-2015-09-24-13.47.33.png
    09-24-2015 01:50 PM
    Okay, stop hogging it! What icon pack is that? kplsthx

Examples of Smart Launcher Pro 3:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-09-24 13.47.07.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	512.2 KB 
ID:	198247

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-09-24 13.47.33.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	544.8 KB 
ID:	198248
    09-24-2015 02:30 PM
    Just received my Note 5 yesterday. One of the first things I did was install Apex Pro Launcher. Love it. Sounds like it has most of the same features of Nova, although I haven't tried Nova.
    09-24-2015 03:58 PM
    Always used Nova Prime in the past but wouldn't touch it now...Heres why:

1. Nova customer service for a USA based app sucks....They never respond.

2. Many badge counts no longer work at all in Nova Prime running their badge count app...OR it says I have 3,829 unread messages when I have zero.
    Never ran into that issue and I've been using Nova since Day 1
    09-24-2015 04:55 PM
    Ehh. The stock theme is more convenient to me from their theme store. I still have the old touchwiz latency or worse when I use the launcher. Just seems cleaner w/o the use of a launcher. Not as nexus like but, good enough. If that helps any. Totally worth the $1.35
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-24-2015 06:06 PM
    I've stuck with the stock TW for now on my Note 5 because it's a lot better than it used to be, and has met my need sufficiently. I've been a big fan of Nova for a few years, so I will probably switch back to it eventually. For now, though, TW is working well for me with no lag, less limitations on the number of home screens available, etc. I really do miss a lot of Nova features such as better utilization of the ability to change the sizes of widgets, icon grid size, multiple docks to swipe through, gestures, more options for icon packs, etc.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-24-2015 06:10 PM
    Nova....especially because of hiding apps and locking the homescreens
    Carlo Villa and Frozen Corpse like this.
    09-24-2015 06:29 PM
    When TouchWiz starts supporting gestures and multi icon packs like Nova does, I might try it. But until then, Nova works so smoothly and there's almost no reason not to use it over TouchWiz. Unless of course you're dependent on pinning notes right on your homescreen in which case stock TW is your only option. For me, I'd much prefer personalizing the style. Yes, I'm vain... and that's also why I picked the Edge+ when I upgraded the Note 4 lol.

TouchWiz or Nova Prime-screenshot_2015-09-22-06-21-48.jpg

TouchWiz or Nova Prime-screenshot_2015-09-16-03-23-37.jpg

TouchWiz or Nova Prime-screenshot_2015-09-07-16-32-40.jpg
    09-24-2015 07:14 PM
    Okay, stop hogging it! What icon pack is that? kplsthx
    Home screen icons: Belle UI Donate (Free Belle UI is just as good)
    Drawer icons: Elta
    Smart Launcher Theme: Gloss (but just the buttons and drawer icons from the skin)
    anon(153966) likes this.
    09-24-2015 10:28 PM
    Nova

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-24-2015 10:30 PM
    Obviously Nova prime. Simply beautiful and rich in customization.
    09-25-2015 02:17 AM

And by using something like Home Chooser Flow, it really is a swipe and click to change back and forth between TW and NP as often as you want....
    Thank you Mr. Metropolitim

I love this app

09-25-2015 04:47 AM
    Nova. My favorite feature is the ability to hide unwanted apps
    09-25-2015 07:47 AM
132 12345 ...