TouchWiz or Nova Prime

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I also like that with Nova you can enable screen rotation on the Homescreen for landscape mode.

gdgtmom

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Always used Nova Prime in the past but wouldn't touch it now...Heres why:

1. Nova customer service for a USA based app sucks....They never respond.

2. Many badge counts no longer work at all in Nova Prime running their badge count app...OR it says I have 3,829 unread messages when I have zero.
I've noticed the incorrect badge count as well while using nova.

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Guess no one cares about action memo widgets but me. Would like to use Nova for the gestures, but I need those action memo widgets...

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I switch between TouchWiz, Nova and Google Now Launcher.

Never even thought I would like TouchWiz but credit goes to Samsung for cleaning it up.

Want to be in control of the experience? Nothing beats Nova. From gestures to quick search to customizing desktop grids, Nova is the ultimate launcher.

When I want to experience and drink the stock Android cool-aid, I switch to Material TouchWiz Theme and then use Google Now Launcher.

Posted via the Android Central App

metropolitim

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I switch between TouchWiz, Nova and Google Now Launcher.

There are a bunch of apps that let you quickly switch between launchers. The one I used to use was Home Chooser Flow, but there are a bunch of them.

I say "used to" because after flipping through as many as I could try, for the past couple of years I've been all Nova Prime, all the time. I agree that TouchWiz is better than it used to be, and using NP isn't any particular judgement on TW...but there are a million NP customizations that I really can't live without anymore.

As for the wrong counts on the badges, I get why that's a dealbreaker for folks who rely on those...but that's not something I do.

Sorry, couldn't resist. LOL

We could probably do a whole 'nother thread on "Show your Nova customizations," but it really is a lot more than visual to me. It's even more than gestures. It's about creating your own little world. You can do it super fast, and it's super simple. You don't have to make a ton of tweaks if you don't want to, any more than you HAVE to tweak TW...but part of the fun of Android in general is that you CAN tweak.

And by using something like Home Chooser Flow, it really is a swipe and click to change back and forth between TW and NP as often as you want. No need to make it either/or.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
For those with badge count errors, try turning off the notification bar watcher. That was wonky for me. I'm using Nova and Tesla badge counts with no problems whatsoever. But I did have issues with it when notification bar watcher was turned on. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
And I've always wondered why we needed the "notification bar watcher", considering that Telsa Unread is 'looking' for new items...

For those with badge count errors, try turning off the notification bar watcher. That was wonky for me. I'm using Nova and Tesla badge counts with no problems whatsoever. But I did have issues with it when notification bar watcher was turned on. Just a thought.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
And I've always wondered why we needed the "notification bar watcher", considering that Telsa Unread is 'looking' for new items...
I believe ita because Tesla has an API so if the app utilizes the API, like Nine email for example, it will work without the notification bar watcher, but if the app does not use the API, the only option is to watch the bar.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Guess no one cares about action memo widgets but me. Would like to use Nova for the gestures, but I need those action memo widgets...
The s notes widget will show the active action memo. You can't do multiple though on Nova.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about swiping to open a folder, but actually all you do is tap it. Maybe that's what the responder meant.

Yeah, I saw this feature yesterday. You can change the way the folders in Nova open, one of them being Swipe to open on First Item.

Yes there is a feature called 'Covers' on Action Launcher and it has a swipe to open an app (messages, gmail, Facebook)

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Nova. For swipe gestures. Swipe down for notifications (I'm not going to try and reach the top of the screen every time I want to get to notifications.) Swipe up for app drawer. Double tap for screen off, etc.

Plus I only have a couple of folders on my homescreen, and I prefer to have them be one thumbnail image, instead of a jumbled mess like folders look regularly.

Lastly, the ability to lock the homescreen, so things don't move around accidentally.

Trent Ditto

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Nova Launcher.
Touchwiz on every device I have ever used it on keeps 2 cores at MAX most of the time. Touchwiz is not very optimized in my opinion.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't use action launcher....It's Nova.

View attachment 197995
View attachment 197996
View attachment 197997
View attachment 197998

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

^^ that's an awesome feature of Nova. I keep my apps in folders and use the gesture/swipe to open the most key app inside that folder. Example, I have several items in my Navigation folder but I link the gesture to Waze as my in car Navi is what gets me around but Waze is there to help me see and hear if the cops are waiting for me down the road.

I also love the general gestures available in Nova. For the sake of screen and appearance I hide the key apps in my drawer at the bottom but rather access them through gestures. See my desktop image below.

• Double Tap opens texts
  • Swipe up with one finger is my phone
  • Swipe up opens weather
  • Pinch outwards opens my calender
  • Swipe down opens email

I have it so customized I can't recall what's stock and what's not anymore.

[URL=http://s270.photobucket.com/user/crms3er/media/Screenshot_2015-09-14-23-36-48_zpscsttscji.png.html][url]http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj84/crms3er/Screenshot_2015-09-14-23-36-48_zpscsttscji.png[/URL][/URL]

Yes, Nova does have this feature.

Posted via the Android Central App
Ahh Sweet. Didn't know nova added that feature. Action launcher was the first to have that feature. Used to be nova prime user forever, but when action launcher added that folder feature, along with couple others I changed over.