TouchWiz or Nova Prime

pdqgp

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Ahh Sweet. Didn't know nova added that feature. Action launcher was the first to have that feature. Used to be nova prime user forever, but when action launcher added that folder feature, along with couple others I changed over.

yep, just tap and hold the folder and click edit. top is where you change name, bottom is where you select the app.

Rogue Tomato

Banned
Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
To be honest, I'm merely curious.
Do most Note 5 owners use the TouchWiz launcher or the Nova Prime launcher?

I just read a thread, where apparently one can't post Notes to the home screen, if using Nova Prime or other launchers, other than TouchWiz. Hence this thread.

I'm looking forward to everyone's comments...

I hate Touchwiz Launcher, but love Samsung phones. I use Smart Launcher Pro 3, though, not Nova Prime (although I bought both).

The problem with Touchwiz, Google Now Launcher, and other similar launchers (yes, including Nova) is that they make you organize everything yourself. Think of what it would be like if you clicked on Start in Windows and up popped every app on your computer, and you had to create a bunch of folders and organize them, yourself. Nobody would stand for that. Yet it is acceptable to fans of Google Now Launcher, etc.

Smart Launcher Pro does that for you. Sometimes it makes a mistake, but it's really easy to move an app to the drawer category where you think it belongs. There are other launchers that will categorize your apps into desktop folders, but they get a lot wrong and ignore a lot of your apps, so you have to do a lot of housekeeping, anyway.

While I'm on the SL3 topic, it also beats the pants off the search feature added to Google Now Launcher. GNL only searches for the first letters of an app. Smart Launcher gives you 2 options. Touch a letter, and it shows you all apps with that starting letter. Or type a string, and it shows you all the apps with a matching substring. So while "rad" won't turn up anything in GNL on my phone, in SL3, as I type that, it shows you TuneIn Radio, iHeart Radio, PKL3 Radar, etc.

bamaphil

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Just received my Note 5 yesterday. One of the first things I did was install Apex Pro Launcher. Love it. Sounds like it has most of the same features of Nova, although I haven't tried Nova.

ShadyMouse

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Always used Nova Prime in the past but wouldn't touch it now...Heres why:

1. Nova customer service for a USA based app sucks....They never respond.

2. Many badge counts no longer work at all in Nova Prime running their badge count app...OR it says I have 3,829 unread messages when I have zero.

Never ran into that issue and I've been using Nova since Day 1

Alex R2

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Ehh. The stock theme is more convenient to me from their theme store. I still have the old touchwiz latency or worse when I use the launcher. Just seems cleaner w/o the use of a launcher. Not as nexus like but, good enough. If that helps any. Totally worth the $1.35

Backlash64

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I've stuck with the stock TW for now on my Note 5 because it's a lot better than it used to be, and has met my need sufficiently. I've been a big fan of Nova for a few years, so I will probably switch back to it eventually. For now, though, TW is working well for me with no lag, less limitations on the number of home screens available, etc. I really do miss a lot of Nova features such as better utilization of the ability to change the sizes of widgets, icon grid size, multiple docks to swipe through, gestures, more options for icon packs, etc.

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
When TouchWiz starts supporting gestures and multi icon packs like Nova does, I might try it. But until then, Nova works so smoothly and there's almost no reason not to use it over TouchWiz. Unless of course you're dependent on pinning notes right on your homescreen in which case stock TW is your only option. For me, I'd much prefer personalizing the style. Yes, I'm vain... and that's also why I picked the Edge+ when I upgraded the Note 4 lol.

Screenshot_2015-09-22-06-21-48.jpg

Screenshot_2015-09-16-03-23-37.jpg

Screenshot_2015-09-07-16-32-40.jpg

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

And by using something like Home Chooser Flow, it really is a swipe and click to change back and forth between TW and NP as often as you want....
Thank you Mr. Metropolitim

I love this app

940b645bf72a374a870b89a510777682.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There is 1 thing i find annoying on nova prime. Apps have to be added into folder from nova settings. (No drag and drop in app doc) and if i remove/delete an app out a folder on home screen , it gets removed out of that folder in app doc so now i have this lone app outside of the folders.

Sent using my gorgeous Korean Phone and its clicky stick...

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
When TouchWiz starts supporting gestures and multi icon packs like Nova does, I might try it. But until then, Nova works so smoothly and there's almost no reason not to use it over TouchWiz. Unless of course you're dependent on pinning notes right on your homescreen in which case stock TW is your only option. For me, I'd much prefer personalizing the style. Yes, I'm vain... and that's also why I picked the Edge+ when I upgraded the Note 4 lol.

What icon pack(s) did you use on the third screen down?

View attachment 198288

View attachment 198289

View attachment 198290