TouchWiz or Nova Prime

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
How do I go about assigning commands like that to individual apps? I see where I can set certain gestures to perform certain actions.... Like open a particular app. But how do I set where swiping on whatsapp messages particular contact our phone does certain thing. Thanks

As Glock said, long press the actual icon on the homescreen. Then press edit. From there you can change the icon image, change the app/folder name, and then there is a pulldown that lets you assign the "swipe up" action.

One note though, the ability to send a What's App txt w/ just a swipe also relies on a Tasker script, as well as a 3rd party plugin (WhatsTasker.)

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I've decided to go with Nova for the ability to choose icon packs and to set the number of icons in the dock. I do use Touchwiz themes to find a color scheme for the notification shade that roughly matches what I'm doing with my home screens.

vm81

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
As Glock said, long press the actual icon on the homescreen. Then press edit. From there you can change the icon image, change the app/folder name, and then there is a pulldown that lets you assign the "swipe up" action.

One note though, the ability to send a What's App txt w/ just a swipe also relies on a Tasker script, as well as a 3rd party plugin (WhatsTasker.)

Thanks a lot for help Suntan and Glock!

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I just did the switch to Nova on this phone. I'm a little disappointed that the icons don't change with the themes. They only change if you're using TW. Last night I installed different icon packs to try and match the icons on the themes as closely as possible.

With that said, I do enjoy having my gestures set up. I've been using TW and was happy with it. I just wanted to change up a little, and now that I have Nova back, idk if I'll go back to TW. It's not bad, just not as play friendly as I've grown accustomed to. Customizable screen grids, gestures, losing no functions (except the icon issue)...back on the Nova train for now.

Posted via the Android Central App

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I Like Nova Prime been using it a long time, But ever since i got the Note 5 i stood with TouchWiz since there's no lag and it's smooth, and i did notice that Nova Prime eats your battery on the Note 5 and uses more than 245mb ram so i will have to stick with TouchWiz On the Note 5!

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
How did you get those "quick memo widgets"? Is that a 3rd party addon or is it part of SNote? I can't find it on my stock Note 5 (VZW).

First you must be on Touch Wiz, then make an Action Memo, then select more (top right corner) & then finally "Pin to Home screen".

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: TouchWiz or Nova Prime OR Lightning Launcher

Stock. Love using those quick memo widgets.

Definitely a lot smoother TW this time around! But I Agree. This feature is probably the only thing I miss about it when I switch it up.
Otherwise I like Lightning Launcher as well as (if not better than Nova).

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
^^^ iwantwilliams
They have a "theme" store....and you can select the grid now.

Not as boring as before but can't match Nova Prime.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
^^^ iwantwilliams
They have a "theme" store....and you can select the grid now.

Not as boring as before but can't match Nova Prime.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

If you're talking about the themes menu within the Note 5 settings, I saw that. But, there is no options for gestures or plain ole icon replacement. That's compared to Nova Prime...

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Trying Nova on the note 5. Very familiar with it on other devices. I don't like that action memo widget isn't available as I abuse that widget and S-cal. But everything else is great. Love the gestures.