Wish I could

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
My first note, was the 2. It was the most powerful smartphone at the time. I loved it and accepted the fact that I had to carry a spare battery with me. I now own the note 4,and have a 64gb card installed. I no longer need a spare battery because of the size of the battery and the new chip running more efficiently. I was going to get the note 5, but didn't because while I could have accepted a sealed battery, it would have to have been a monster like the 4000mah, that was first rumored. But I will NOT buy a phone that limits my storage. That, I cannot accept. It's for these reasons, that im keeping my note 4 for now. Then I'll move onto another make. I'm looking at the new moto droid turbo coming soon. A massive 3700 battery, AND a micro SD slot for expantion. But I won't get another samsung unless the give there customers what they want. Im also looking at the new names entering the market.

Posted via Android Central App

vailmc1

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
This horse is dead and has been beaten multiple times. With cloud based storage, the majority of customers don't care about SD cards (let alone know what they are). Samsung is not bringing it back. Don't complain, just buy another brand.

BarryH_GEG

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I get 30% better battery life than my Note 4 with both phones configured exactly the same way. With two fast wireless chargers, one at home and one at work, I don't even think about battery life anymore. Times change. ;)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Cloud storage is what will be the norm. High end phones are moving away from SD cards. Also it seems the sealed batteries and no SD cards do exactly what Samsung said.. Better performance, better battery life, much faster phone.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I love using cloud storage. A coffee a month for 100GB of Drive. Tons of pics and videos in there right now in Photos. All my music is in Google Music. Have my main play list downloaded to the phone. After a my apps installed 20.5GB left on the phone. Sealed battery coming from an iPhone (don't care). Wireless rapid charger at home with another adaptive charger at work. Boom I'm set with this beast. Average 6hrs screen time anyways :)

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I think micro SD will be around for awhile still with Marshmallow using specific features for them.

Posted via the Android Central App

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
My first note, was the 2. It was the most powerful smartphone at the time. I loved it and accepted the fact that I had to carry a spare battery with me. I now own the note 4,and have a 64gb card installed. I no longer need a spare battery because of the size of the battery and the new chip running more efficiently. I was going to get the note 5, but didn't because while I could have accepted a sealed battery, it would have to have been a monster like the 4000mah, that was first rumored. But I will NOT buy a phone that limits my storage. That, I cannot accept. It's for these reasons, that im keeping my note 4 for now. Then I'll move onto another make. I'm looking at the new moto droid turbo coming soon. A massive 3700 battery, AND a micro SD slot for expantion. But I won't get another samsung unless the give there customers what they want. Im also looking at the new names entering the market.

IF this is what the customers really wanted, Samsung would not have gone away from it. Expandable memory for the overwhelming majority of users is obsolete. Dropbox, clouds, drives, laptops, etc..... plenty of storage. Music is streamed mostly now so not a big need for mp3s to take up a ton of room. Manufacturers spend big money researching trends and adjust products accordingly. I had the same concerns at first but I move everything to my laptop and have no issues with space and the battery is significantly better than my Note 4 was.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I love using cloud storage. A coffee a month for 100GB of Drive. Tons of pics and videos in there right now in Photos. All my music is in Google Music. Have my main play list downloaded to the phone. After a my apps installed 20.5GB left on the phone. Sealed battery coming from an iPhone (don't care). Wireless rapid charger at home with another adaptive charger at work. Boom I'm set with this beast. Average 6hrs screen time anyways :)

What cloud storage are you using for that price? I am def interested.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Still surprised the Note 5 only comes in a 32 and 64 gig flavour (if you can get 64 for your region or carrier).

Unlimited data plans are being eased out it seems,

public wifi is not prevalent for everyone (and a possible security hole),

many don't have home wifi and why use a small device if you have a stereo system of any kind, a pc monitor and a TV at home.

If you live in the sticks / boonies or just a bad area you can't get cloud access anyway.

I like the Note 5 and want one.

I could live with a 32 gig myself -
but for the Note series, more than the S6, it seemed too radical a jump over the Note 4 in one go.

Could have made a 128 gig Note 5 this year and lower to 64 max next year.

Coulda, shoulda, yada yada - I know :)

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I was feeling the same way... then i got the iphone 6plus... now i don't care... bury the horse already... it's dead... sure, i wish there was a 128gb version of the note 5... but after going thru the camera thread, i'm going back to android and getting myself a 64gb note 5 soon... right after wifey gets her pink iphone lol....

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Everyone has different priorities in what they want in their smartphone. If expandable storage is a necessity for you, then it's time to move on from Samsung.
Maybe ditching the expandable storage is part of the reason the Note 5 is getting better battery life. Maybe it's the desktop equivalent of running more than one hard drive.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

My deal breaker wasn't the storage (too many good options around this issue) but the smaller and non-renewable battery.

Boy, the Samsung folks have really optimized this phone - getting really good battery life so far.

In my case, it was a matter of changing my OCD battery habits, charging more often with wired and wireless fast chargers ( at home, at the office and in the car ), and when needed carrying one of two sleek cool fast charging external batteries.

In return I jumped from my beloved Note 4 to my now more beloved Note 5, and for the change in battery habits feel I have a fabulous market leading smartphone to enjoy.......

Loving my Sapphire Note 5!!!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12