How do you lock text in your clipboard?

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-24-2015 11:14 AM
    Lock text? Do you mean you don't want it to be deleted? The Clipboard is very transient--once you copy something else to the Clipboard, the previous data is erased. If you want to keep important information that's in your Clipboard, make sure you paste it into a document somewhere, and save that.
    09-24-2015 11:22 AM
    How do you lock text in your clipboard?

Do you mean save particular text for more than an immediate use? If so, you can access everything you have saved to the clipboard by using the Samsung keyboard. Open the keyboard (by opening an App that inserts text like email) after selecting the Samsung keyboard as the default keyboard in settings. On the Samsung keyboard press and hold down the "microphone" key immediately to the left of the "ampersand" key this will bring up a horizontal menu ribbon. Select the clipboard icon and it will open a window displaying everything saved to the keyboard since it was last cleared. click on the item you want and another menu will pop up with options. If the item you want can't be used in the app you have opened it will be grayed out.
    09-24-2015 11:25 AM
    In my Galaxy Note 2, I could lock certain text in the clipboard so that when I cleared the clipboard that text would remain. I would long press and an option to lock it would appear.

09-24-2015 11:41 AM
    Lock text? Do you mean you don't want it to be deleted? The Clipboard is very transient--once you copy something else to the Clipboard, the previous data is erased. If you want to keep important information that's in your Clipboard, make sure you paste it into a document somewhere, and save that.
    In my Galaxy Note 2, I could lock certain text in the clipboard so that when I cleared the clipboard that text would remain. I would long press and an option to lock it would appear.

There used to be an actual clipboard with Samsung devices and you could lock some text so it would always be in the clipboard even when you cleared it. I think Samsung has moved away from having a built in clipboard and now you have to get a third party clipboard app.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-24-2015 01:03 PM
    Thanks, That must be the case. I miss that feature.

09-25-2015 06:26 AM
    Get a better clipboard than the stock app. I like this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ojekti.clipper
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-25-2015 07:22 AM