Very small crack on the home button? Does anyone else have any wear and tear on the home button?

alex217c

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have any wear and tear marks on the home button? I just noticed a very small chip/crack on the edge of the home button (not the chrome but the plastic part that matches with the body colour) It's not too big of a crack to notice but its definitely there and I'm afraid its going to spread around...

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: very small crack on the home button?

Not on mine... Do you have any issues with the fingerprint reader though? Sounds to me like a crack on that would make a significant impact on the performance.

alex217c

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

I don't use fingerprint reader for anything so I'm not worried about that. I'm just worried that it will spread and make it look bad :(

Here's a pic of it
I looked for a home button protector on ebay but there was nothing. Is there anything I can apply to prevent further spreading?

20150924_133853.jpg

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

Sorry to hear it. The ironic part is, it's the only part of your phone not covered by protection lol. Bummer.

Posted via the Android Central App

alex217c

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

I have no idea how it would have happened. I didn't drop it or drop something on the home button.. should i apply a very small amount of superglue or something on the crack at all? or should i just leave it and try not to let it bother me too much since wear and tear eventually happens down the road..

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

The phone is too new for wear and tear imo...I'd see about a replacement

alex217c

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

I put a piece of tape and trimmed around it. It works pretty well. Will prevent scratches and hopefully prevents from further cracks.
20150924_160414.jpg

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I put a piece of tape and trimmed around it. It works pretty well. Will prevent scratches and hopefully prevents from further cracks.
View attachment 198277

Just bear in mind that that quite possibly renders the fingerprint reader unusable (which is why, I'm guessing, there are no Home Button protectors out there).

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

I don't use fingerprint reader for anything so I'm not worried about that.

What about Samsung Pay? It's one of the phone's major new features.

You're remarkably accepting of a defect in a new $800 phone. If it were me, I'd exchange it immediately.

alex217c

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

What about Samsung Pay? It's one of the phone's major new features.
Yea i don't use that or any of the fingerprint features. Used it to unlock the phone but changed it to the pattern lock instead as it was more convenient for me.

You're remarkably accepting of a defect in a new $800 phone. If it were me, I'd exchange it immediately.
I'd definitely exchange it if the crack was there from the beginning but it wasn't. It would be considered physical damage and they wont exchange it for a brand new one. Sadly I think ill just have to get used to it :( I always admired the phone everytime i looked at it but now that died down a bit.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

I always admired the phone everytime i looked at it but now that died down a bit.

Don't worry, you'll probably stop noticing it and then it'll look great to you again. :)

Are you certain the defect wasn't present originally, though? It looks subtle enough to easily go unnoticed until you first realize it's there.

alex217c

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

Yeap I'm sure. I inspected every millimeter of the phone when I first got it to make sure there was nothing wrong with it :p
I just hope someone eventually makes one of those home button stickers so i can cover it up.
Something like this ↓ My ghetto fix don't look too appealing atm lol..
39283-3.jpg

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Yeap I'm sure. I inspected every millimeter of the phone when I first got it to make sure there was nothing wrong with it
I just hope someone eventually makes one of those home button stickers so i can cover it up.
Something like this. My ghetto fix don't look too appealing atm lol..
View attachment 198477
The Slickwraps skins have that.

Technically, it's a cutout meant to be removed so the skin doesn't cover the button....but there's no reason you couldn't do the opposite.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

The Slickwraps skins have that.

Technically, it's a cutout meant to be removed so the skin doesn't cover the button....but there's no reason you couldn't do the opposite.

Perfect fix since the op doesn't use any of the associated home button features.

alex217c

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

It doesnt seem like they sell just the home button sticker. Would i have to buy the entire wrap to get it?

waazzupppp

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site

I just had this happen to mine. It's 3 months old! It's a hairline crack running top to bottom and into the chrome ring around the button. Just noticed it this morning and did a search to find this post. I'm going to email Samsung about it and see what they say. Seems like a fluke defect thing to me.

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

I just had this happen to mine. It's 3 months old! It's a hairline crack running top to bottom and into the chrome ring around the button. Just noticed it this morning and did a search to find this post. I'm going to email Samsung about it and see what they say. Seems like a fluke defect thing to me.

I just noticed same thing brand new s6 edge plus at&t home button cracked very fine line and divot in it the home button,security still works. But now I'm sure this is a issue with Samsung. Never dropped or careless with my device ,and to look and see others with same question there is something going on here.
Just a note to add..2/23/ ran across another s6 edge plus I had to ask and look to see and they have the exact same crack in home button .

Last edited:

Christian Ciro

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I've literally dropped my phone twice. Luckily I make sure to get good phone cases for every phone. I don't know but I do know it wasn't from a drop. I somehow got a little chip on my home button towards the middle I can post pictures later.

jl1959

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Yup,same thing here.I told them (T-Mobile store) as soon as they handed it to me that the home button was sticking.I went to pick it up one day and small crack on left side of home button which is now curled out 2" with a screen cover always on it.I was told to pack sand.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21