Want to get rid of Video Icon on call screen

HarlyFan

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to get rid of the video camera icon on the call screen when you disable "Advanced Calling" features on Verizon? Before I enabled Advanced Calling I had just the single icon on the bottom of the call screen to make a call, now even though I have disabled this feature I am stuck with this video icon even though its not enabled. Any suggestions to get me back to stock like screen?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Why are you wanting to get rid of it? You don't have to use it.

Also Advanced Calling allows you to talk on the phone and also be on the Web at the same time.

audri5

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
That was added in your last software update. Samsung has its own video chat now. Like facetime. Only it won't work unless the person you're calling has a note 5 or 6s or higher and I think they have to be on the same network but I'm not positive about the network thing. Supposedly this is going to reach across all carriers and all newer phones as time goes on.

Posted via the Android Central App

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
This was added when you activated advanced calling on the Note 5. I made this mistake on my S6 and for the life of me I could not get rid of that video camera icon. I had another problem with that S6 and exchanged it for a new before my 14 days were up. I made 100% sure not to turn on advanced calling on the new S6 or my new Note 5.

I have OCD and that Video Camera Icon gave me nightmares. :p

OP, if you find out how to get rid of it please let us know.

Penn_ee

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I don't like it, I don't want it, I don't even want to look at it. I get nothing but dropped calls since they installed this. I may pay the early termination fee and switch to a different carrier. I should not have to be forced to have their crap installed on my phone, especially against my wishes