I purchased my Note 5 two weeks ago and about a week ago got a Tylt wireless charger for it. It has worked perfectly, until last night. I placed it on the charger last night and it alerted me as normal and charged for about a minute, the indicator light on the charger turned from green to red and began to flash. It cycled through green, then red as stated above about 3 times and then shut itself down. I moved it off the charger and then placed it back on and the same thing happened again. I power cycled the phone and the charger and tried again with the same results. I tried turning the phone on its side and it charged fine all night. This morning I tried to go through all the changes that I have made since getting the charger. I had a list in my mind of what had changed and went online to see if the problem was common. After some reading, I realized what the issue was. A couple of posts claimed that folding a piece of paper and putting it between the phone and the charger would alleviate the issue. That is when I realized that I had taken my case off and not replaced it. I feel certain this is the issue. I will verify this evening when I get home.

I post this solely in case someone else needs the information. If the case doesn't solve the issue, I will report back here.

losyur and SpookDroid like this.
    09-24-2015 03:22 PM
    The 'problem' with Wireless Chargers is that the induction coil has a limited range and needs to be aligned with the receiver coil. Usually, however, most people have problems with cases and thick gaps because the separation takes the focal point of the coil off center and the charger won't, well, charge... weird that in this case it's the other way around!

Have you tried a different charger or a different phone in the Tylt? I'd be curious to see if the issue is with the charger or the phone design.
    09-24-2015 04:01 PM
    I have a similar issue. I've got several chargers (3 from Nokia, and 1 Nexus 4 charger) which all don't work in various ways. First the Nokia chargers just plan don't even get recognized or attempt to charge the phone no matter what the orientation or position on the charger. Second, the Nexus 4 charger, charges just fine (seems fast even) as long as I put the phone on sideways (landscape) instead of the usual proper way (portrait). All the chargers work with all my other qi charging phones (Lumia 1020, Nexus 5/6, etc.) Strange? I think so.

Sorry-- one edit to say I have tried both with and without my case (Spigen clear TPU).
    09-24-2015 04:36 PM
    Just to follow up. I got home and placed the phone (in the case) on the charger. I started charging and 15 minutes later was still charging fine. I removed the phone and removed case and placed the phone back on the charger. It began to charge and then in a minute or so started cycling as I described in the first post. I put the case back on the phone, placed it back on the charger and voila, it continued to charge like a champ with no interruptions. Since the Tylt is a third party accessory that claims to be compatible with the Note 5, I would say this is an accessory problem and not a phone issue. But, of course, that is just speculation on my part.

09-25-2015 10:19 AM
    Yeah, still weird haha. Most issues are with the phone NOT touching the charger surface, but in yours it seems to be the opposite, you need some distance. Well, if you do get a chance to test in a different charger, do let us know! Maybe on a visit to Best Buy? :P
    09-25-2015 11:14 AM