Anyone here "settled" for a 32gb white Verizon Note 5 because they only buy white phone? (no 64gb)

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone here "settled" for a 32gb white Verizon Note 5 because they only buy white phone? (no 64gb)

I did something that I've never done before.... I bought a Verizon 32gb white Note 5. I almost always get the phone/tablet with the highest possible amount of storage. However, Verizon does not offer the white one with 64gb. Only the black Note 5 is available with 64gb of storage. After thinking long and hard, I gave up waiting and caved. I'm addicted to white phones. My last 9 smartphones were all white. I dont' know why, but black phones just don't appeal to me.

Am I the only one who settled for a 32gb white VZW white Note 5 because of color? :(

dudeman702

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Anyone here "settled" for a 32gb white Verizon Note 5 because they only buy white phone? (no 64g

I did something that I've never done before.... I bought a Verizon 32gb white Note 5. I almost always get the phone/tablet with the highest possible amount of storage. However, Verizon does not offer the white one with 64gb. Only the black Note 5 is available with 64gb of storage. After thinking long and hard, I gave up waiting and caved. I'm addicted to white phones. My last 9 smartphones were all white. I dont' know why, but black phones just don't appeal to me.

Am I the only one who settled for a 32gb white VZW white Note 5 because of color? :(
Not Verizon but T-Mobile here and I did cave for the 32gb white coming from a 64gb iPhone 6+. Was skeptical at first but I don't even think about it now. I use my essential apps, music through Spotify, and take pictures like I would normally and I haven't felt "limited". I get what you mean though.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone here "settled" for a 32gb white Verizon Note 5 because they only buy white phone? (no 64g

Not Verizon but T-Mobile here and I did cave for the 32gb white coming from a 64gb iPhone 6+. Was skeptical at first but I don't even think about it now. I use my essential apps, music through Spotify, and take pictures like I would normally and I haven't felt "limited". I get what you mean though.

Why did you do that with T-Mobile? They had white 64 gb from the beginning. I got my in a store on launch day.

dudeman702

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site

Why did you do that with T-Mobile? They had white 64 gb from the beginning. I got my in a store on launch day.
Not in store with any of my local retailers, they only had the black variant in 64gb, white in 32gb and limited stock.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Not in store with any of my local retailers, they only had the black variant in 64gb, white in 32gb and limited stock.

Well if you were doing it on Jump on Demand you could have the store manager order it and ship it to the store and then do your upgrade in the store. If not doing JOD, just order it and ship to you.

dudeman702

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site

Well if you were doing it on Jump on Demand you could have the store manager order it and ship it to the store and then do your upgrade in the store. If not doing JOD, just order it and ship to you.
Most definitely, but patience is not a great quality of mine, and once it's in front of you it's hard not to cave.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

No, I had to settle for a 64GB in black. :p

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site

I hate black too and have always done white phones. All the previous Samsung phones were either white or black or "blue" But with the Sapphire color, it is just so sexy under the right lighting and I went with that over white. Kinda got bored staring at white phones. I felt with a glass material, sapphire is the way to go, it mimics the actual gem in the way it reflects light.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I always have white phones also but the Note 5 is more of a cream color with a pearlized finish.

Last edited:

stronggeek

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site

I did! I like both colors, but the white shows less fingerprints, I don't use as much storage as I use to and I normally don't use a case thus the white 32 gig was a logical choice for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I did! I like both colors, but the white shows less fingerprints, I don't use as much storage as I use to and I normally don't use a case thus the white 32 gig was a logical choice for me.

yeah, fingerprints is also why I dislike black phones. :) (not to mention the earprints on the upper half of the phone :) )

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

yeah, fingerprints is also why I dislike black phones. :) (not to mention the earprints on the upper half of the phone :) )

Yea, nothing worst then those sloppy greasy ear prints all over the top face of the phone. :p

sbmoore1

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

I also settled for the 32gb white verison through verizon.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Any news on this? Are they carrying the 64 gig white at Verizon stores now?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

I thought about it, but then went for the black 64GB. I'm now glad I did. I love the look of it - even though I previously preferred white phones (had a white GS5, GS5, GN4). I love the look of the black GN5. Honestly, I wanted the gold , but no luck there! :)

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I thought about it, but then went for the black 64GB. I'm now glad I did. I love the look of it - even though I previously preferred white phones (had a white GS5, GS5, GN4). I love the look of the black GN5. Honestly, I wanted the gold , but no luck there! :)

I want GOLD as well!!!! Too bad it's a color that Verizon will probably never carry for the Note 5. :(

So I ended up with a 32gb white Note 5, which is still looks great! (plus figerprints are barely visible)

Prettyblues80

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site

Verizon states they will be getting the Note 5 in Gold, but there is still no release date. It is VERY VERY frustrating as I have been holding out for the Gold and will continue to do so. :(

Kenokithecat

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

I think I will settle for color rather than storage. What I find crazy is how little anyone seems to know about the issue. I've spoken to a LOT of people since the release of the phone. I've been told they will release the white 64gb at the end of Sept., I've been told they never will release any other colors or options. I've been told they are on back order. I've been told they don't exist. I even had a Verizon Rep tell me to buy a white 64Gb from another carrier, unlock it, and activate it on Verizon -.- How can they solely not carry that device and not tell ANYONE why? I've been to 3 stores that had no idea they weren't available until they tried to order them for me. Samsung has the model listed on their website but tell me to contact Verizon for information. I will most likely give in and get the Black Sapphire in 64Gb...or switch to T-mobile...:(

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I'm really trying to hold out for the 64gb in white on Verizon, but I also want to take advantage of the $200 trade-in deal, which ends on Sept. 30th. I've always spent up for more storage/better specs on tech purchases. This has served me well over the years. Depending on the device, I've benefited from better resell/trade-in values or just simply been more equipped for future software/app enhancements that improve the lifespan of the device. I also do not like black phones for all the reasons mentioned above, plus I feel like white is such a signature of the the Note devices. I'm really tempted to just go for the 32gb, but I feel like 64gb is just the smarter choice. I'll just have to be much pickier about what cover I choose.

I despise Verizon for so many reasons, and limiting choices for their customers is the most minor of them. But in my area it really is the only option for even decent coverage.

As it happens, we are planning on upgrading my son's XBox 360 for his bday in November. I just started price shopping and found out about a trade-in deal for $150 savings when you trade in a 250gb XBox 360. Just this morning I lugged up our current model from the basement and, fingers crossed, looked up the serial number and was pleased to see that I did indeed purchase the 250gb. We're good for $150 savings on the new model. So there you go. : )

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance