Anyone here "settled" for a 32gb white Verizon Note 5 because they only buy white phone? (no 64gb)

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone here "settled" for a 32gb white Verizon Note 5 because they only buy white phone? (no 64g

I'm really trying to hold out for the 64gb in white on Verizon, but I also want to take advantage of the $200 trade-in deal, which ends on Sept. 30th. I've always spent up for more storage/better specs on tech purchases. This has served me well over the years. Depending on the device, I've benefited from better resell/trade-in values or just simply been more equipped for future software/app enhancements that improve the lifespan of the device. I also do not like black phones for all the reasons mentioned above, plus I feel like white is such a signature of the the Note devices. I'm really tempted to just go for the 32gb, but I feel like 64gb is just the smarter choice. I'll just have to be much pickier about what cover I choose.

I despise Verizon for so many reasons, and limiting choices for their customers is the most minor of them. But in my area it really is the only option for even decent coverage.

As it happens, we are planning on upgrading my son's XBox 360 for his bday in November. I just started price shopping and found out about a trade-in deal for $150 savings when you trade in a 250gb XBox 360. Just this morning I lugged up our current model from the basement and, fingers crossed, looked up the serial number and was pleased to see that I did indeed purchase the 250gb. We're good for $150 savings on the new model. So there you go. : )

if you have a spare old smartphone, you can get another $200.

I got the $200 off. $696 - $200 = $496

Then I gave the store employee my prepaid unused Moto G and he applied a $200 account credit to my account instantly.

Best part was that I bought the VZW prepaid Moto G for $25 from Best Buy several months ago. At the time, Best Buy had a promotion that gave out $25 Best Buy gift card, so the Moto G was free. :)

In fact, even if you don't have a spare old smartphone, you should go buy one of the prepaid smartphones for $30 to $50... Verizon will give $200 trade-in credit for *any* working smartphone... so you'll still come out on top.

In my case Note 5 was $296 final cost to me. $696 - $200 - $200 = $296. Offer too good to pass up... so I bought TWO Note 5 !

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone here "settled" for a 32gb white Verizon Note 5 because they only buy white phone? (no 64g

if you have a spare old smartphone, you can get another $200.

I got the $200 off. $696 - $200 = $496

Then I gave the store employee my prepaid unused Moto G and he applied a $200 account credit to my account instantly.

Best part was that I bought the VZW prepaid Moto G for $25 from Best Buy several months ago. At the time, Best Buy had a promotion that gave out $25 Best Buy gift card, so the Moto G was free. :)

In fact, even if you don't have a spare old smartphone, you should go buy one of the prepaid smartphones for $30 to $50... Verizon will give $200 trade-in credit for *any* working smartphone... so you'll still come out on top.

In my case Note 5 was $296 final cost to me. $696 - $200 - $200 = $296. Offer too good to pass up... so I bought TWO Note 5 !

What was the initial $200 credit for? I only know of the the trade-in-deal and I plan on taking advantage of that with an old Razor. Am I missing some other deal?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

What was the initial $200 credit for? I only know of the the trade-in-deal and I plan on taking advantage of that with an old Razor. Am I missing some other deal?

I can personally testify that I bought two Verizon Note 5 phones at $296 each.(final cost after $200 promo plus $200 trade-in for *any* old smartphone) In fact, my local Verizon corporate store ran out of the white Note 5 yesterday as of result of this promo, according to the manager.

See below:

Verizon Galaxy Note 5 for $296 +tax (or less) with new activation and smartphone trade in,

Carrier: Verizon
Activation Term: New activation on Device Payment or Contract
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 5, regular price $696
Discount: $200 off with promo code "FALLPROMO"
Icing: Trade in smartphone and get another $200 off (possibly bill/account credits)
Candle on the cake: $100 bill credit for port-in

$696- $200 Fall Promo - $200 trade-in = $296 +taxes (must pay applicable taxes)
Keep your line active for 1-2 cycles and receive another $100 credit with port-in.

Above is tested and works online but I'd prefer to do it instore because to avoid headaches with sending in trade-in and the staff (in the past) was able to apply the trade-in value onto the account immediately.

$200 FALLPROMO also applicable to Samsung S6 Edge+ or Droid Turbo. Promo ends 9/30/15.

Source: Verizon Galaxy Note 5 for $296 +tax (or less) with new activation and smartphone trade in, - Slickdeals.net

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Wow. I might have to just go in tomorrow and pull the trigger. I've been trying to hold out at least until the end of the month in hopes that Verizon might release a white 64gb, but with those savings I'll be happy with black.

I can personally testify that I bought two Verizon Note 5 phones at $296 each.(final cost after $200 promo plus $200 trade-in for *any* old smartphone) In fact, my local Verizon corporate store ran out of the white Note 5 yesterday as of result of this promo, according to the manager.

See below:

Verizon Galaxy Note 5 for $296 +tax (or less) with new activation and smartphone trade in,

Carrier: Verizon
Activation Term: New activation on Device Payment or Contract
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 5, regular price $696
Discount: $200 off with promo code "FALLPROMO"
Icing: Trade in smartphone and get another $200 off (possibly bill/account credits)
Candle on the cake: $100 bill credit for port-in

$696- $200 Fall Promo - $200 trade-in = $296 +taxes (must pay applicable taxes)
Keep your line active for 1-2 cycles and receive another $100 credit with port-in.

Above is tested and works online but I'd prefer to do it instore because to avoid headaches with sending in trade-in and the staff (in the past) was able to apply the trade-in value onto the account immediately.

$200 FALLPROMO also applicable to Samsung S6 Edge+ or Droid Turbo. Promo ends 9/30/15.

Source: Verizon Galaxy Note 5 for $296 +tax (or less) with new activation and smartphone trade in, - Slickdeals.net

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Wow. I might have to just go in tomorrow and pull the trigger. I've been trying to hold out at least until the end of the month in hopes that Verizon might release a white 64gb, but with those savings I'll be happy with black.

That's exactly why I "settled" on two white 32gb Note 5 phones. :D

I bought the 2nd one because $269 is better than paying $264 for the $11 insurance for 24 months. ($11 x 24 = $264)

BTW, some Verizon corporate store employees may claim that the offer is only for $200, don't let them trick you . :) The store that I went to claimed that I could only get one $200, which was a complete lie. I showed them the screenshots and that shut them up immediately. :) I just uploaded the screenshots, in case you want to take with you to the store. Hope this helps. :)

Attachments

• page1untitled1.jpg
    page1untitled1.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 26
  • page2untitled1.jpg
    page2untitled1.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 23

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

That's exactly why I "settled" on two white 32gb Note 5 phones. :D

I bought the 2nd one because $269 is better than paying $264 for the $11 insurance for 24 months. ($11 x 24 = $264)

BTW, some Verizon corporate store employees may claim that the offer is only for $200, don't let them trick you . :) The store that I went to claimed that I could only get one $200, which was a complete lie. I showed them the screenshots and that shut them up immediately. :) I just uploaded the screenshots, in case you want to take with you to the store. Hope this helps. :)

Actual, I'm just realizing that the "fallpromo" is for a new line, correct? That doesn't work for me since I'm just replacing the phone on my current line.

Posted via the Android Central App

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Actual, I'm just realizing that the "fallpromo" is for a new line, correct? That doesn't work for me since I'm just replacing the phone on my current line.

Posted via the Android Central App

what kind of plan do you currently have?

a lot of us who used the FALLPROMO promo added a new line with Device Payment Plan. Just be sure to disconnect the new line next month. You can then choose to pay off the remaining Device Payment Plan balance.... or just pay it monthly.(as long as your current line remains active) Even factoring in the one months of service for that new line, it's still a good deal.

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Well, I just threw in the towel! I read somewhere that the $200 trade-in offer was ending on the 29th and I really didn't want to miss out on that, so I went for the Black 64gb - ordered online. I'm a little bitter that Verizon limited our color choice, expecially for those of us who are shelling out the extra money for the 64gb (although maybe that's another way they're forcing to rely on the cloud??). That being said, I happened to be a Verizon store earlier today and thought the midnight bluish color of the "black" phone was really pretty and very classy. I'd still prefer the white and will flip if they announce a white 64gb tomorrow, but overall I'm happy I finally pulled the trigger and am looking forward to getting started with the Note 5.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Well, I just threw in the towel! I read somewhere that the $200 trade-in offer was ending on the 29th and I really didn't want to miss out on that, so I went for the Black 64gb - ordered online. I'm a little bitter that Verizon limited our color choice, expecially for those of us who are shelling out the extra money for the 64gb (although maybe that's another way they're forcing to rely on the cloud??). That being said, I happened to be a Verizon store earlier today and thought the midnight bluish color of the "black" phone was really pretty and very classy. I'd still prefer the white and will flip if they announce a white 64gb tomorrow, but overall I'm happy I finally pulled the trigger and am looking forward to getting started with the Note 5.

Congrats! Black is a very elegant color. :)

shawnOST

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site

I'm on AT&T and white 64GB are pretty scarce. I decided to get the 32GB and just enjoy the device. I don't carry a ton of media with me anyway, so it's not a huge deal for me.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm on AT&T and white 64GB are pretty scarce. I decided to get the 32GB and just enjoy the device. I don't carry a ton of media with me anyway, so it's not a huge deal for me.

"scarce" is way better.... with Verizon, white 64gb is simply not offered. :(

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

i settled (forced) to get the black 32gb... cause Good Old CANADA only got the 32gb in Black...

i wanted the 64gb in Gold! : <

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I got my T-Mobile White 64 gb on launch day here. Now I had to call several T-Mobile stores in my city to find one that "had a handful" of white 64 gb.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I got my T-Mobile White 64 gb on launch day here. Now I had to call several T-Mobile stores in my city to find one that "had a handful" of white 64 gb.

like I said, that's still way better than Verizon. Verizon has ZERO white 64gb Note5. :) (probably will NOT have one in the foreseeable future)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

like I said, that's still way better than Verizon. Verizon has ZERO white 64gb Note5. :) (probably will NOT have one in the foreseeable future)

It looks like they aren't going to carry it, which is nuts. White is the most popular color.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

It looks like they aren't going to carry it, which is nuts. White is the most popular color.

I assume several people at Samsung or Verizon had a meeting in which they decided not to carry to the white Note5 with 64gb. I'd love to know what kind of logic they used to justify such a decision. Perhaps they thought "hey, let's not carry the white Note5 with 64gb and see if anybody bitches about it on AndroidCentral?"

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I assume several people at Samsung or Verizon had a meeting in which they decided not to carry to the white Note5 with 64gb. I'd love to know what kind of logic they used to justify such a decision. Perhaps they thought "hey, let's not carry the white Note5 with 64gb and see if anybody bitches about it on AndroidCentral?"

I'm guessing it is just Verizon.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I'm guessing it is just Verizon.

probably... but you imagine the Verizon not carrying every color and every available memory size of the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus? (16gb/64gb/128gb) :0

chan_xo

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

how much "free" storage does the 32gb give you after the firmware and everything is on there?

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

I was about to settle for the VZW 32gb in white but decided to go with the Black 64GB and I am glad I did. Beautiful phone.