10-01-2015 12:24 PM
41 12
tools
    I did something that I've never done before.... I bought a Verizon 32gb white Note 5. I almost always get the phone/tablet with the highest possible amount of storage. However, Verizon does not offer the white one with 64gb. Only the black Note 5 is available with 64gb of storage. After thinking long and hard, I gave up waiting and caved. I'm addicted to white phones. My last 9 smartphones were all white. I dont' know why, but black phones just don't appeal to me.

Am I the only one who settled for a 32gb white VZW white Note 5 because of color?
    09-24-2015 04:19 PM
    I did something that I've never done before.... I bought a Verizon 32gb white Note 5. I almost always get the phone/tablet with the highest possible amount of storage. However, Verizon does not offer the white one with 64gb. Only the black Note 5 is available with 64gb of storage. After thinking long and hard, I gave up waiting and caved. I'm addicted to white phones. My last 9 smartphones were all white. I dont' know why, but black phones just don't appeal to me.

Am I the only one who settled for a 32gb white VZW white Note 5 because of color?
    Not Verizon but T-Mobile here and I did cave for the 32gb white coming from a 64gb iPhone 6+. Was skeptical at first but I don't even think about it now. I use my essential apps, music through Spotify, and take pictures like I would normally and I haven't felt "limited". I get what you mean though.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 5
    09-24-2015 04:26 PM
    Not Verizon but T-Mobile here and I did cave for the 32gb white coming from a 64gb iPhone 6+. Was skeptical at first but I don't even think about it now. I use my essential apps, music through Spotify, and take pictures like I would normally and I haven't felt "limited". I get what you mean though.

Why did you do that with T-Mobile? They had white 64 gb from the beginning. I got my in a store on launch day.
    09-24-2015 04:47 PM
    Why did you do that with T-Mobile? They had white 64 gb from the beginning. I got my in a store on launch day.
    Not in store with any of my local retailers, they only had the black variant in 64gb, white in 32gb and limited stock.

09-24-2015 04:50 PM
    Not in store with any of my local retailers, they only had the black variant in 64gb, white in 32gb and limited stock.

Well if you were doing it on Jump on Demand you could have the store manager order it and ship it to the store and then do your upgrade in the store. If not doing JOD, just order it and ship to you.
    09-24-2015 04:52 PM
    Well if you were doing it on Jump on Demand you could have the store manager order it and ship it to the store and then do your upgrade in the store. If not doing JOD, just order it and ship to you.
    Most definitely, but patience is not a great quality of mine, and once it's in front of you it's hard not to cave.

09-24-2015 05:00 PM
    No, I had to settle for a 64GB in black.
    09-24-2015 05:03 PM
    I hate black too and have always done white phones. All the previous Samsung phones were either white or black or "blue" But with the Sapphire color, it is just so sexy under the right lighting and I went with that over white. Kinda got bored staring at white phones. I felt with a glass material, sapphire is the way to go, it mimics the actual gem in the way it reflects light.
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    09-24-2015 05:33 PM
    I always have white phones also but the Note 5 is more of a cream color with a pearlized finish.
    09-24-2015 05:38 PM
    I did! I like both colors, but the white shows less fingerprints, I don't use as much storage as I use to and I normally don't use a case thus the white 32 gig was a logical choice for me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Scott McPeek likes this.
    09-24-2015 05:42 PM
    I did! I like both colors, but the white shows less fingerprints, I don't use as much storage as I use to and I normally don't use a case thus the white 32 gig was a logical choice for me.

yeah, fingerprints is also why I dislike black phones. (not to mention the earprints on the upper half of the phone )
    09-24-2015 08:50 PM
    yeah, fingerprints is also why I dislike black phones. (not to mention the earprints on the upper half of the phone )
    Yea, nothing worst then those sloppy greasy ear prints all over the top face of the phone.
    09-24-2015 09:00 PM
    I also settled for the 32gb white verison through verizon.

09-24-2015 09:25 PM
    Any news on this? Are they carrying the 64 gig white at Verizon stores now?

09-25-2015 11:35 AM
    Any news on this? Are they carrying the 64 gig white at Verizon stores now?

No.
    09-25-2015 11:44 AM
    I thought about it, but then went for the black 64GB. I'm now glad I did. I love the look of it - even though I previously preferred white phones (had a white GS5, GS5, GN4). I love the look of the black GN5. Honestly, I wanted the gold , but no luck there! :-)
    09-25-2015 11:47 AM
    I thought about it, but then went for the black 64GB. I'm now glad I did. I love the look of it - even though I previously preferred white phones (had a white GS5, GS5, GN4). I love the look of the black GN5. Honestly, I wanted the gold , but no luck there! :-)
    I want GOLD as well!!!! Too bad it's a color that Verizon will probably never carry for the Note 5.

So I ended up with a 32gb white Note 5, which is still looks great! (plus figerprints are barely visible)
    09-25-2015 12:47 PM
    Verizon states they will be getting the Note 5 in Gold, but there is still no release date. It is VERY VERY frustrating as I have been holding out for the Gold and will continue to do so.
    09-25-2015 01:06 PM
    I think I will settle for color rather than storage. What I find crazy is how little anyone seems to know about the issue. I've spoken to a LOT of people since the release of the phone. I've been told they will release the white 64gb at the end of Sept., I've been told they never will release any other colors or options. I've been told they are on back order. I've been told they don't exist. I even had a Verizon Rep tell me to buy a white 64Gb from another carrier, unlock it, and activate it on Verizon -.- How can they solely not carry that device and not tell ANYONE why? I've been to 3 stores that had no idea they weren't available until they tried to order them for me. Samsung has the model listed on their website but tell me to contact Verizon for information. I will most likely give in and get the Black Sapphire in 64Gb...or switch to T-mobile...
    09-25-2015 01:53 PM
    I'm really trying to hold out for the 64gb in white on Verizon, but I also want to take advantage of the $200 trade-in deal, which ends on Sept. 30th. I've always spent up for more storage/better specs on tech purchases. This has served me well over the years. Depending on the device, I've benefited from better resell/trade-in values or just simply been more equipped for future software/app enhancements that improve the lifespan of the device. I also do not like black phones for all the reasons mentioned above, plus I feel like white is such a signature of the the Note devices. I'm really tempted to just go for the 32gb, but I feel like 64gb is just the smarter choice. I'll just have to be much pickier about what cover I choose.

I despise Verizon for so many reasons, and limiting choices for their customers is the most minor of them. But in my area it really is the only option for even decent coverage.

As it happens, we are planning on upgrading my son's XBox 360 for his bday in November. I just started price shopping and found out about a trade-in deal for $150 savings when you trade in a 250gb XBox 360. Just this morning I lugged up our current model from the basement and, fingers crossed, looked up the serial number and was pleased to see that I did indeed purchase the 250gb. We're good for $150 savings on the new model. So there you go. : )
    09-25-2015 02:21 PM
    I'm really trying to hold out for the 64gb in white on Verizon, but I also want to take advantage of the $200 trade-in deal, which ends on Sept. 30th. I've always spent up for more storage/better specs on tech purchases. This has served me well over the years. Depending on the device, I've benefited from better resell/trade-in values or just simply been more equipped for future software/app enhancements that improve the lifespan of the device. I also do not like black phones for all the reasons mentioned above, plus I feel like white is such a signature of the the Note devices. I'm really tempted to just go for the 32gb, but I feel like 64gb is just the smarter choice. I'll just have to be much pickier about what cover I choose.

I despise Verizon for so many reasons, and limiting choices for their customers is the most minor of them. But in my area it really is the only option for even decent coverage.

As it happens, we are planning on upgrading my son's XBox 360 for his bday in November. I just started price shopping and found out about a trade-in deal for $150 savings when you trade in a 250gb XBox 360. Just this morning I lugged up our current model from the basement and, fingers crossed, looked up the serial number and was pleased to see that I did indeed purchase the 250gb. We're good for $150 savings on the new model. So there you go. : )
    if you have a spare old smartphone, you can get another $200.

I got the $200 off. $696 - $200 = $496

Then I gave the store employee my prepaid unused Moto G and he applied a $200 account credit to my account instantly.

Best part was that I bought the VZW prepaid Moto G for $25 from Best Buy several months ago. At the time, Best Buy had a promotion that gave out $25 Best Buy gift card, so the Moto G was free.

In fact, even if you don't have a spare old smartphone, you should go buy one of the prepaid smartphones for $30 to $50... Verizon will give $200 trade-in credit for *any* working smartphone... so you'll still come out on top.

In my case Note 5 was $296 final cost to me. $696 - $200 - $200 = $296. Offer too good to pass up... so I bought TWO Note 5 !
    09-25-2015 02:37 PM
    if you have a spare old smartphone, you can get another $200.

I got the $200 off. $696 - $200 = $496

Then I gave the store employee my prepaid unused Moto G and he applied a $200 account credit to my account instantly.

Best part was that I bought the VZW prepaid Moto G for $25 from Best Buy several months ago. At the time, Best Buy had a promotion that gave out $25 Best Buy gift card, so the Moto G was free.

In fact, even if you don't have a spare old smartphone, you should go buy one of the prepaid smartphones for $30 to $50... Verizon will give $200 trade-in credit for *any* working smartphone... so you'll still come out on top.

In my case Note 5 was $296 final cost to me. $696 - $200 - $200 = $296. Offer too good to pass up... so I bought TWO Note 5 !

What was the initial $200 credit for? I only know of the the trade-in-deal and I plan on taking advantage of that with an old Razor. Am I missing some other deal?
    09-25-2015 02:59 PM
    What was the initial $200 credit for? I only know of the the trade-in-deal and I plan on taking advantage of that with an old Razor. Am I missing some other deal?
    I can personally testify that I bought two Verizon Note 5 phones at $296 each.(final cost after $200 promo plus $200 trade-in for *any* old smartphone) In fact, my local Verizon corporate store ran out of the white Note 5 yesterday as of result of this promo, according to the manager.

See below:

Verizon Galaxy Note 5 for $296 +tax (or less) with new activation and smartphone trade in,

Carrier: Verizon
    Activation Term: New activation on Device Payment or Contract
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 5, regular price $696
    Discount: $200 off with promo code "FALLPROMO"
    Icing: Trade in smartphone and get another $200 off (possibly bill/account credits)
    Candle on the cake: $100 bill credit for port-in

$696- $200 Fall Promo - $200 trade-in = $296 +taxes (must pay applicable taxes)
    Keep your line active for 1-2 cycles and receive another $100 credit with port-in.

Above is tested and works online but I'd prefer to do it instore because to avoid headaches with sending in trade-in and the staff (in the past) was able to apply the trade-in value onto the account immediately.

$200 FALLPROMO also applicable to Samsung S6 Edge+ or Droid Turbo. Promo ends 9/30/15.

Source: Verizon Galaxy Note 5 for $296 +tax (or less) with new activation and smartphone trade in, - Slickdeals.net
    09-25-2015 04:03 PM
    Wow. I might have to just go in tomorrow and pull the trigger. I've been trying to hold out at least until the end of the month in hopes that Verizon might release a white 64gb, but with those savings I'll be happy with black.

I can personally testify that I bought two Verizon Note 5 phones at $296 each.(final cost after $200 promo plus $200 trade-in for *any* old smartphone) In fact, my local Verizon corporate store ran out of the white Note 5 yesterday as of result of this promo, according to the manager.

See below:

Verizon Galaxy Note 5 for $296 +tax (or less) with new activation and smartphone trade in,

Carrier: Verizon
    Activation Term: New activation on Device Payment or Contract
    Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 5, regular price $696
    Discount: $200 off with promo code "FALLPROMO"
    Icing: Trade in smartphone and get another $200 off (possibly bill/account credits)
    Candle on the cake: $100 bill credit for port-in

$696- $200 Fall Promo - $200 trade-in = $296 +taxes (must pay applicable taxes)
    Keep your line active for 1-2 cycles and receive another $100 credit with port-in.

Above is tested and works online but I'd prefer to do it instore because to avoid headaches with sending in trade-in and the staff (in the past) was able to apply the trade-in value onto the account immediately.

$200 FALLPROMO also applicable to Samsung S6 Edge+ or Droid Turbo. Promo ends 9/30/15.

Source: Verizon Galaxy Note 5 for $296 +tax (or less) with new activation and smartphone trade in, - Slickdeals.net
    09-25-2015 04:17 PM
    Wow. I might have to just go in tomorrow and pull the trigger. I've been trying to hold out at least until the end of the month in hopes that Verizon might release a white 64gb, but with those savings I'll be happy with black.
    That's exactly why I "settled" on two white 32gb Note 5 phones.

I bought the 2nd one because $269 is better than paying $264 for the $11 insurance for 24 months. ($11 x 24 = $264)

BTW, some Verizon corporate store employees may claim that the offer is only for $200, don't let them trick you . The store that I went to claimed that I could only get one $200, which was a complete lie. I showed them the screenshots and that shut them up immediately. I just uploaded the screenshots, in case you want to take with you to the store. Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone here "settled" for a 32gb white Verizon Note 5 because they only buy white phone? (no 64gb)-page1untitled1.jpg   Anyone here "settled" for a 32gb white Verizon Note 5 because they only buy white phone? (no 64gb)-page2untitled1.jpg  
    09-25-2015 05:14 PM
41 12