Left G4 for Note 5..

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
It took awhile for me to take the leap with lack of removable battery and memory. I think it was worth it this 64 gb should hold up for few months. This Verizon unlimited data I use like crazy lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Cwey55

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Proooobably doing the same thing myself. G4 is really nice but I'm just meh on it after 3 months...

Nick Brennan

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Was about to go on my third G4 then Sprint said that they are having so many problems with them they are swapping them out with an S6 for free. My wife couldn't have been happier. I got the Note 5 and she got the S6.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I was told that by a Verizon rep that a lot of the G4s were going back also (touchscreen issues mostly). The managing storage is just something I'll have to get used to. Plus the Note 5's battery KILLS the g4s.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Went into sprint to repair my G2 walked out with a g4. i mean it was nice but it just wasnt wow. Heard the note 5 was coming out within 2 weeks. so i held on to the G4 till then, returned it to sprint. then went to bestbuy for the note 5. and im so glad i did...

now i have a g4 leather case and battery pack from the promo lg was giving.

GrungyNA

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I dumped my G4 for the Note 5 also. The G4 was overheating where I had a weak cell signal and battery would tank. The Note 5 has been absolutely perfect, the best Android I've owned.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Went into sprint to repair my G2 walked out with a g4. i mean it was nice but it just wasnt wow. Heard the note 5 was coming out within 2 weeks. so i held on to the G4 till then, returned it to sprint. then went to bestbuy for the note 5. and im so glad i did...

now i have a g4 leather case and battery pack from the promo lg was giving.

If it's the battery with cradle, I'll gladly take it off your hands. Just let me know how much you want for it?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I own a G4 currently, but I completely understand why you went to the Note 5.

You will be more than satisfied with it. I played with one and it's awesome.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I mean I think g4 wins on camera but Note 5 is right behind it by like a hair.

Picture quality, maybe but the note 5 camera is easier to activate with double clicking the home button and it takes shots quicker in less than ideal situations

Sent from my Verizon iPhone 6s Plus

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Picture quality, maybe but the note 5 camera is easier to activate with double clicking the home button and it takes shots quicker in less than ideal situations

Sent from my Verizon iPhone 6s Plus

I'd say it's about the same in speed of launching camera, G4 had double tapping volume key to launch its app also.

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd say it's about the same in speed of launching camera, G4 had double tapping volume key to launch its app also.

In theory it's suppose to be as fast, but I can say that when I had my G4 it was not nearly as reliable as the S6 double tap. When it worked for me it was as fast but sometimes I found myself double tapping two or three times just to get it to work. With the S6 it worked the first time every time. I got rid of my G4 a few months ago so maybe it's been addressed with a software update.

Zachary Boddy

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I'd love to have the Note 5 but I'm not a fan of the glass backs and no microSD bugs me. I like LG a lot but their phones have never "wow-ed" me. Of course, neither has a Samsung, but the latest Samsung phones are a far cry from the Samsung of old.