09-27-2015 11:41 AM
31 12
tools
    My question is why the op doesn't use the spen?

Being able to jot down a note with the screen off is IMHO something everyone can use at some point if nothing else with the note.

The edge series are unique and are nice phones but they are difficult to hold due to the edges, but the note 5 has it's own issues with this as well if you elect to carry either phone without a case of some kind on it,and that will bring up another advantage of the note has over it... More cases to choose from.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig Black Sapphire leather wrapped Note 5
    The screen is on when using the screen write feature...pulling the s pen out automatically turns on the screen,but it doesn't require you to unlock the phone.

It can come in handy sometimes though.

Also with the s6ep, keep in mind that it is one screen just bent on the sides for the edge. Aside from ergonomics,items placed right at the seam would be harder to press.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone 6s Plus
    09-27-2015 08:35 AM
    My question is why the op doesn't use the spen?

Being able to jot down a note with the screen off is IMHO something everyone can use at some point if nothing else with the note.

The edge series are unique and are nice phones but they are difficult to hold due to the edges, but the note 5 has it's own issues with this as well if you elect to carry either phone without a case of some kind on it,and that will bring up another advantage of the note has over it... More cases to choose from.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig Black Sapphire leather wrapped Note 5
    There was a thread in the Note 4 forum a while back and the majority of the people never used their spen, and weren't interested in the features of it. Several even owned the Note 3 and never used it either. I don't understand that myself, I've used all of my spens a lot.
    09-27-2015 10:52 AM
    There was a thread in the Note 4 forum a while back and the majority of the people never used their spen, and weren't interested in the features of it. Several even owned the Note 3 and never used it either. I don't understand that myself, I've used all of my spens a lot.
    Ditto that. Why not just get the S Series if you're not utilizing the Spen?

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-27-2015 10:58 AM
    Ditto that. Why not just get the S Series if you're not utilizing the Spen?

In my experience, with the S6 Edge, the features of the Edge weren't good to use at all. The idea was good, just not implemented well. Even if I wasn't going to use the spen, I would go for the Note 5 over the S6 Edge Plus for the price and then not having to worry about those exposed edges and cracking the screen, etc.
    09-27-2015 11:08 AM
    In my experience, with the S6 Edge, the features of the Edge weren't good to use at all. The idea was good, just not implemented well. Even if I wasn't going to use the spen, I would go for the Note 5 over the S6 Edge Plus for the price and then not having to worry about those exposed edges and cracking the screen, etc.
    Not the edge. Just the regular s6. I guess it's tje screen size of the N5 that is the deciding factor for those who don't use the pen.

09-27-2015 11:26 AM
    Not the edge. Just the regular s6. I guess it's tje screen size of the N5 that is the deciding factor for those who don't use the pen.

Well they were talking about the S6 Edge Plus too, I figured too they would want big screen size. It is hard for Note users to go to a smaller phone if that is going to be their only phone. I could only do it here and there knowing I didn't have to only use the smaller screens.
    09-27-2015 11:41 AM
31 12