Can't Decide! Ughhh!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You said the s6e was last year's phone. It came out in 2015 and this is still 2015 so you're wrong. You said it's different hardware... they all have the same soc. So you're wrong. Only difference is 1gb of ram.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last year model is more the term I meant, as in first released.

As far as hardware, there is more than the processors. There are connectivity differences, display differences, sensor differences, charging differences, just to name a few.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Last year model is more the term I meant, as in first released.

As far as hardware, there is more than the processors. There are connectivity differences, display differences, sensor differences, charging differences, just to name. few.

Come on now we are both adults you can admit you were wrong... you said last year's phone not first released. I'm not here to argue with ya but you were wrong and putting out false info... Fess up.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Come on now we are both adults you can admit you were wrong... you said last year's phone not first released. I'm not here to argue with ya but you were wrong and putting out false info... Fess up.

I don't have an issue admitting I am wrong. I didn't use the best wording in that, which is exactly what I said on my post.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
My question is why the op doesn't use the spen?

Being able to jot down a note with the screen off is IMHO something everyone can use at some point if nothing else with the note.

The edge series are unique and are nice phones but they are difficult to hold due to the edges, but the note 5 has it's own issues with this as well if you elect to carry either phone without a case of some kind on it,and that will bring up another advantage of the note has over it... More cases to choose from.

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig Black Sapphire leather wrapped Note 5

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Being able to jot down a note with the screen off is IMHO something everyone can use at some point if nothing else with the note.

The edge series are unique and are nice phones but they are difficult to hold due to the edges, but the note 5 has it's own issues with this as well if you elect to carry either phone without a case of some kind on it,and that will bring up another advantage of the note has over it... More cases to choose from.

The screen is on when using the screen write feature...pulling the s pen out automatically turns on the screen,but it doesn't require you to unlock the phone.

It can come in handy sometimes though.

Also with the s6ep, keep in mind that it is one screen just bent on the sides for the edge. Aside from ergonomics,items placed right at the seam would be harder to press.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone 6s Plus

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

There was a thread in the Note 4 forum a while back and the majority of the people never used their spen, and weren't interested in the features of it. Several even owned the Note 3 and never used it either. I don't understand that myself, I've used all of my spens a lot.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
There was a thread in the Note 4 forum a while back and the majority of the people never used their spen, and weren't interested in the features of it. Several even owned the Note 3 and never used it either. I don't understand that myself, I've used all of my spens a lot.

Ditto that. Why not just get the S Series if you're not utilizing the Spen?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ditto that. Why not just get the S Series if you're not utilizing the Spen?

In my experience, with the S6 Edge, the features of the Edge weren't good to use at all. The idea was good, just not implemented well. Even if I wasn't going to use the spen, I would go for the Note 5 over the S6 Edge Plus for the price and then not having to worry about those exposed edges and cracking the screen, etc.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
In my experience, with the S6 Edge, the features of the Edge weren't good to use at all. The idea was good, just not implemented well. Even if I wasn't going to use the spen, I would go for the Note 5 over the S6 Edge Plus for the price and then not having to worry about those exposed edges and cracking the screen, etc.

Not the edge. Just the regular s6. I guess it's tje screen size of the N5 that is the deciding factor for those who don't use the pen.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Not the edge. Just the regular s6. I guess it's tje screen size of the N5 that is the deciding factor for those who don't use the pen.

Well they were talking about the S6 Edge Plus too, I figured too they would want big screen size. It is hard for Note users to go to a smaller phone if that is going to be their only phone. I could only do it here and there knowing I didn't have to only use the smaller screens.