Can't Decide! Ughhh!

teedizz

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been wanting to upgrade but just can't make up my mind. I currently have a Note 3 :-/ Love the phone but NEVER use the S pen so I'm wondering if it's worth upgrading to the Note 5 or just going with the S6 Edge since I don't use the pen. Are there any significant differences between the Note 5 and the S6 Edge? Like as far as processor speed or what not. Not sure what a S6 Edge+ is so didn't include that but if you can give me suggestions it would be truly appreciated as I will be going to Verizon in the morning :)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been wanting to upgrade but just can't make up my mind. I currently have a Note 3 :-/ Love the phone but NEVER use the S pen so I'm wondering if it's worth upgrading to the Note 5 or just going with the S6 Edge since I don't use the pen. Are there any significant differences between the Note 5 and the S6 Edge? Like as far as processor speed or what not. Not sure what a S6 Edge+ is so didn't include that but if you can give me suggestions it would be truly appreciated as I will be going to Verizon in the morning :)

The S6 Edge is NOT the new phone, that is last year's phone. The S6 Edge Plus is the new phone that was just released with the Note 5. The S6E is a smaller phone and different hardware, the S6E+ is exactly the same as the Note 5, just no spen and the Edge screens instead. It is also a large screen phone like the Note 5, the S6 Edge is not, it is a smaller screen and last year's model.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
The biggest complaint of the new edge plus is that it is uncomfortable to hold. I also believe it costs more than the note 5 and the edges take up some screen real estate with no real benefit. Even if you do not use the spen the note 5 has more advantages.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The biggest complaint of the new edge plus is that it is uncomfortable to hold. I also believe it costs more than the note 5 and the edges take up some screen real estate with no real benefit. Even if you do not use the spen the note 5 has more advantages.

I think it is more expensive. I also had a S6 Edge and I didn't like the edge design. The concept was good but having to be upside down for the text edge notifications was just not good for me. I also would get the Note 5 over the S6E+ because of that issue.

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
The S6 edge is the 5 inch phone, the S6 edge+ is a 5.7 inch phone same size as the Note 5. I had the S6 edge and it has a beautiful display and the curved edge is a Wow factor. My S6 edge had battery issues (overheating and poor battery standby) . I traded it in for the Note 5 and have no regrets. The Note 5 is a large phone but with the curved back is comfortable to hold. The S6 edge and S6 edge + have flat backs.

teedizz

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
You're right. The one I was looking at was the S6 Edge+ and didn't know it then. It was the same exact size and the Note 5. Thank you guys for the feedback. I'm going to see if I like the way each feels in my hands. I'm so use to the Note 3 feel that I may not like the edge design. We shall see. Thanks again folks

The S6 Edge is NOT the new phone, that is last year's phone. The S6 Edge Plus is the new phone that was just released with the Note 5. The S6E is a smaller phone and different hardware, the S6E+ is exactly the same as the Note 5, just no spen and the Edge screens instead. It is also a large screen phone like the Note 5, the S6 Edge is not, it is a smaller screen and last year's model.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Came from a note 3 myself and love the way the note 5 feels in the hand. You can just wrap your hand around it and the screen in the same size as the 3, the phone itself is noticeably smaller and lighter.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
S6 edge+ is probably the nicest looking phone out right now, but it cost more and ergonomics not as good as the note 5.

dreaming of electric sheep

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I absolutely love my Note 5, but if I didn't use the S-Pen, then I'd get the S6 Edge Plus in a second just because the gold version is so breathtaking. Its beauty is unparalleled and while the Note 5 is in fact more comfortable to hold, the aesthetics would still sway me to the side of the Edge Plus.

Oh, and something else worth considering is that the Note 5 forum is far more active so that might stunt the experience of the Plus.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The Note 5 comes in gold in some places. My T-Mobile store had 3 on launch day. Had they been a 64 gb I would have gotten that instead of the white.

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
The Note 5 comes in gold in some places. My T-Mobile store had 3 on launch day. Had they been a 64 gb I would have gotten that instead of the white.

I knew gold existed, but I didn't think any of the US carriers stocked it. That's interesting. But I would kill for the silver version in a nanosecond.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I get a chuckle out of people think the note 5 design is unique it's just a s6e turned upside down.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site

Umm the regular s6e came out in 2015.... What year is this? Also keep in mind the s6e plus is the star of the show the s6e plus wasn't released with the note 5 the note 5 was released as an after thought to the s6e plus that's why the s6e plus is available in most markets and the note 5 in limited markets... Also how many variants are there of the s6? And how many of the note 5.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I get a chuckle out of people think the note 5 design is unique it's just a s6e turned upside down.

I don't think anyone thinks the Note 5 is unique, but the Note 5 is much more comfortable to use and hold than any other Note, especially the Note 4. My hands would ache at the end of the day with the Note 4. It was too heavy, it was too thick and too wide. The Note 5 is thinner, lighter, not a a wide, and fits more balanced in your hand and doesn't feel top heavy and the screen size is the same as the Note 4.

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
They all have the same soc as well the 7420... Jeez... I don't think her posts can be any more in accurate :p

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Want to point out exactly what is inaccurate about my posts? I can wait.

You said the s6e was last year's phone. It came out in 2015 and this is still 2015 so you're wrong. You said it's different hardware... they all have the same soc. So you're wrong. Only difference is 1gb of ram.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae