I have set up fingerprints as the way to unblock my phone, and yet I still have to swipe instead. Any tips would be appreciated. I can't just rely on the swipe and passwordsee take to long.
    09-27-2015 11:04 PM
    Settings>screen lock and security>screen lock type then select fingerprint. Should be good to go
    09-27-2015 11:11 PM
    Settings>screen lock and security>screen lock type then select fingerprint. Should be good to go
    Have done that several times. Should I restart the phone?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Android Central
    09-28-2015 12:02 AM
    Do you have smart lock activated? I did and had both trusted devices and trusted places on. With these active so long as I was at home or had my smart watch connected, I had to swipe. If I disabled this feature, the fingerprint scanner worked every time.

Also if your phone isn't set to lock whenever you press the power button, you will swipe until it times out. I think the default is something like 10 minutes.

I found it easier to turn all that stuff off and just hold the power scanner to unlock every time.

Hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-28-2015 04:08 AM
    Do you have smart lock activated? I did and had both trusted devices and trusted places on. With these active so long as I was at home or had my smart watch connected, I had to swipe. If I disabled this feature, the fingerprint scanner worked every time.

Also if your phone isn't set to lock whenever you press the power button, you will swipe until it times out. I think the default is something like 10 minutes.

I found it easier to turn all that stuff off and just hold the power scanner to unlock every time.

Hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App
    That worked, although I think I will need to retrain my fingerprints as only one of the 4 saved worked. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Android Central
    09-28-2015 07:39 AM