I just went into my settings on my phone and right away, the Accounts tab opened, without me selecting it. I didn't see any touch input on the screen (a grey shadow shows up when you select something in the settings), so I don't think it's my screen registering a touch... Is it just a little glitch of some sort? Earlier in the day I was on my screen of texts with somebody and it started to call them right away. Now, this used to happen when I had Direct Call turned on but I have turned that feature OFF. So, once again, it was like the phone selected it on its own, although there was no visible touch input. What's going on?!
    09-28-2015 07:52 PM
    The screen might be registering some phantom touches, which might be a sign of an impending problem with the digitizer. Try running an app like MultiTouch Tester, and see if touches get registered without you getting close to the screen.
    09-28-2015 10:24 PM
    The screen might be registering some phantom touches, which might be a sign of an impending problem with the digitizer. Try running an app like MultiTouch Tester, and see if touches get registered without you getting close to the screen.
    After doing some research earlier I did read about phantom touches and did a test with an app called LCD Screen Tester, which showed nothing wrong with it. I just used that app you suggested and it only registers when I touch it..
    09-28-2015 10:56 PM
    You might have to watch it for a little while, if the phantom touches aren't that frequent--unless those odd things you're experiencing are happening very frequently.
    09-28-2015 11:05 PM
    They aren't frequent. Should I set my screen timeout longer and watch for touches to register or do I keep tapping it and see if more than one touch registers?
    09-28-2015 11:36 PM
    Those would both be reasonable approaches.
    09-28-2015 11:59 PM
    Alright so I've been playing around with the multitouch app all morning and nothing seems out of the ordinary. I've let it sit for a while, opened and closes the app and watched it again, nothing happens. So I think my digitizer may be fine, I guess I wish there was a way to know for sure, since this issue doesn't seem to be happening frequently.

But, like I said, I didn't see any touch input with the two things that happened (the phone call and a selection being made within settings) they just sorta happened really fast, so maybe it's a software thing?
    09-29-2015 09:20 AM
    Very difficult to say. Does this still happen after a reboot? If so, try wiping the cache partition, which can be a useful general troubleshooting step. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-23240
    09-29-2015 10:41 PM
    Well, I've actually had the touch pointer setting on (from developer options) all day, which has been very annoying lol, but it's given me a chance to look for anything out of the ordinary and I haven't seen anything. I actually wipe the cache partition on my phone frequently. I'll have to do it again. But yeah, I haven't noticed any more weird touches.
    09-29-2015 11:25 PM
    Well, I've actually had the touch pointer setting on (from developer options) all day, which has been very annoying lol, but it's given me a chance to look for anything out of the ordinary and I haven't seen anything. I actually wipe the cache partition on my phone frequently. I'll have to do it again. But yeah, I haven't noticed any more weird touches.
    Do you have a case and screen protector on your phone? I ask because I tend to hold my note 5 tightly, hoping not to drop it. Because of this my case sometimes presses against my tempered glass screen protector causing it to register a touch. It will then open one of my apps from the home screen or close an app or launch a function from inside an app that I'm using.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
    PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-30-2015 06:42 AM
    Do you have a case and screen protector on your phone? I ask because I tend to hold my note 5 tightly, hoping not to drop it. Because of this my case sometimes presses against my tempered glass screen protector causing it to register a touch. It will then open one of my apps from the home screen or close an app or launch a function from inside an app that I'm using.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5

DEVICE HISTORY (since they got smart)
    PHONES: Galaxy Nexus, LG viper, Galaxy s3, HTC Evo 4g, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy s5, LG G-Flex, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy s6 edge, Galaxy Note 5. TABLETS: Galaxy Note 10.1 gt-n8013, Galaxy tab 3 7.0. WATCH: Galaxy gear
    Yes, I have a case and a tempered glass protector on it. And I have seen touches happen from my grip on the sides of the phone, so maybe that's what happened in this case. But, that wouldn't make sense for my phone starting to call my contact from the text screen because the call button (within a text thread) isn't near the side of the phone. So, I don't know. I'm obsessively trying to make sure that my digitizer isn't messed up because the last thing I want is a faulty phone.
    09-30-2015 09:20 AM
    Okay, so I think there is an issue. I'm gonna try my best to explain this!

When I first got the phone, I noticed a weird thing happen with Spotify and when I would press the power button. I made this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...er-button.html about how Spotify was changing songs when I went to turn the screen off. So, today I had the touch pointer setting on again to see if there was a registered touch that was actually changing the song. It took a while for the phone to do it, because it happens randomly, but sure enough, the song changed and I unlocked the phone to see that there was a little red dot (the touch feedback) over which song was playing, which I definitely didn't do myself.

I hope this made sense.... It's hard to explain on here. But yeah so now I'm not sure what to do... I'm kind of upset that my month old phone is screwing up like this.
    09-30-2015 04:06 PM
    If this still happens in Safe Mode (https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-23216, which can tell you if the problem is due to a 3rd party app or not), then I'd bring it back to the store to see if they'll replace it for you. If not, then contact Samsung for warranty repair.
    09-30-2015 07:33 PM
    I have similar issues with my work issued Note 5. But I know mine isn't a touch issue.

For example. When I touch on BBM to bring it up, sometimes it will go right into the camera. I know I didn't touch the camera because if I hit the back button it will take me right into BBM.

Also I might touch BBM and it will take me into the screen where you add a picture to your chat.

It might be a BBM issue, who knows. But it is similar to this thread, so I felt I should post.
    09-30-2015 09:18 PM
    If this still happens in Safe Mode (https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-23216, which can tell you if the problem is due to a 3rd party app or not), then I'd bring it back to the store to see if they'll replace it for you. If not, then contact Samsung for warranty repair.
    Okay so I have the phone in safe mode right now and I set it on the bed after opening settings and the accounts tab opened just like when it happened before. & I still have the pointer touch feature turned on and there was a red mark on the screen I know I didn't do... I don't know how to go about getting it replaced because this happens so randomly! The phone just does it when it wants to and every touch test I do shows nothing wrong. I've went into the test menu and did the touch test there and there was nothing out of the ordinary. I'm afraid the Sprint guys would just laugh in my face and tell me that I'm being paranoid... I do have insurance on the phone though.
    10-01-2015 08:34 AM
    Use another device to take a video of that happening (hopefully it won't take too many attempts). Make sure it's clear that the phone is in Safe Mode. Then show that video to the people at Sprint, or if you have to contact Samsung, make sure they're able to see that occurring.
    10-01-2015 07:50 PM