Verus vs Spigen vs Caseology vs Ringke vs Incipio...

rpwalton

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I really like the Ringke Fusion clear case with built in dust caps.
For me, it has just the right amount of grip and protection and slips in and out of my pocket very well.
I'm using wireless chargers, so the micro USB charging port stays clean with the dust cap closed almost all the time - my Note 3 had issues with dust and lint getting in this port after a while...
The clear case really shows off the sleek curves and look of the phone, and even though the inside is not "dotted" there is no saran wrap effect.
The back of the case does show fingerprints but they wipe off easily.
One cool side effect... when I use the heart rate/SpO2 sensor, the entire edge or bumper of the case lights up and glows red - looks pretty neat in the dark...

Last edited:

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Two more photos, I hit the wrong button.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1101.jpg
    1101.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 1102.jpg
    1102.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 75

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I really like the Ringke Fusion clear case with built in dust caps.
For me, it has just the right amount of grip and protection and slips in and out of my pocket very well.
I'm using wireless chargers, so the micro USB charging port stays clean with the dust cap closed almost all the time - my Note 3 had issues with dust and lint getting in this port after a while...
The clear case really shows off the sleek curves and look of the phone, and even though the inside is not "dotted" there is no saran wrap effect.
The back of the case does show fingerprints but they wipe off easily.
One cool side effect... when I use the heart rate/SpO2 sensor, the entire edge or bumper of the case lights up and glows red - looks pretty neat in the dark...

OK, feeling less than smart, how do I post a photo here...?

I'm on the app. There's a paperclip in the top right. You can then choose the photo.

I have the Ringke Fusion on my 4. The dust cover for the charging port and headphone jack never stayed closed. Still love it but I didn't bother getting that one for my 5.

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I used to be a one case guy...

But I am kind of having fun sporting a different case very day... It confuses the hell out of my office colleagues...

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I used to be a one case guy...

But I am kind of having fun sporting a different case very day... It confuses the hell out of my office colleagues...

Mine are haters. They're like "Goleee...you got ANOTHER case?" Yeah, and...???

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine are haters. They're like "Goleee...you got ANOTHER case?" Yeah, and...???

it's 2015, but I still get people referring to my Note 4 and Note 5 phones as iPhones.... :(

To some people, it's not a smartphone unless it's not made by Apple and say "iPhone" on the back. :( Sometimes I just don't have the energy to explain to them the difference between iPhones and Android smartphones... so I end up just calling my Galaxy Note 4 or Note 5 as "iPhones made by Samsung"(which usually shut them up pretty quickly)

I have the opposite problem with my Macbook Pro. To some people, they just don't understand why my laptop doesn't run Windows... had someone borrow my laptop once and kept asking me where the "Start" button was.(only found on bottom left corner of Windows computers) Fortunately, I installed Windows on my Macbook Pro, so it can now run both... when I let someone else use my Macbook, I just reboot to Windows before handing it to them....

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
it's 2015, but I still get people referring to my Note 4 and Note 5 phones as iPhones.... :(

To some people, it's not a smartphone unless it's not made by Apple and say "iPhone" on the back. :( Sometimes I just don't have the energy to explain to them the difference between iPhones and Android smartphones... so I end up just calling my Galaxy Note 4 or Note 5 as "iPhones made by Samsung"(which usually shut them up pretty quickly)

Good one...iPhones made by Samsung. This girl at work said Trina's new iPhone is so nice. It does "everything". I told her it's a Note 5. She had no idea they existed till I showed her a sPay commercial on You Tube. She said she though that was an iPhone. I can't.

ENAMRESU

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I seem to have a habit of handling my Note 5 in a way that causes the S-Pen to slip out.

Looking for suggestions on a case with a cover for the S-Pen.

Preferably not too bulky... those overbuilt Otterbox style cases might be durable, but i don't want a phone that looks like it's going on deployment.

Thanks in advance.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I had to get my money back from caseology, they never shipped my case...

It has definitely been a challenge getting cases from them and taken more patience than I normally have. I really like the Wavelength case and the Vault has (finally) shipped. It is scheduled to deliver on Friday, but with the way it's been going I'll be surprised if it's here before Monday.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
for the Wavelength case, how far is the camera lens recessed?

thanks! :)

I would say due to the raised lip around the opening, about 1.5mm to the lens from the top of the raised lip. The lip accounts for about half of that.

Glock23-G4

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I seem to have a habit of handling my Note 5 in a way that causes the S-Pen to slip out.

Looking for suggestions on a case with a cover for the S-Pen.

Preferably not too bulky... those overbuilt Otterbox style cases might be durable, but i don't want a phone that looks like it's going on deployment.

Thanks in advance.
The S-Pen should not slip out on its own.

Even with the end "unclicked" and ready to grab/extract the pen, I can vigorously shake the phone up and down and the pen doesn't budge.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
Update : I got a SUPCASE water resistant case for an upcoming trip to a beach. It has the screen protector cover to protect against spills and overall. Just wondering if this will mess up my tempered glass protector on now by taking it on and off...? It won't be my daily case, just for specific uses.

ENAMRESU

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
The S-Pen should not slip out on its own.

Even with the end "unclicked" and ready to grab/extract the pen, I can vigorously shake the phone up and down and the pen doesn't budge.

Part of the issue is me. I'm mindful of it, but some day i will not be, And i will end up loosing the pen as a result.

Which brings me back to my initial post.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Part of the issue is me. I'm mindful of it, but some day i will not be, And i will end up loosing the pen as a result.

Which brings me back to my initial post.

The Wavelength case from Caseology is thick enough to keep you from touching the pen without doing so intentionally I would think. The Vault case looks to be the same, I'll know for sure in a day or two when mine arrives. The case is thick enough to provide good protection without making the device feel bulky.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I got the Ringke SLIM today in the mail. Love the form and the button cutouts are perfect but...

I have a glass protector and the lip isn't big enough and doesn't stick up past the protector. Basically making it unusable.

Just wanted to let everyone know. Maybe incipio now?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad