Verus vs Spigen vs Caseology vs Ringke vs Incipio...

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I know there's a case thread in the stickies but many of them are from way before it came out. Now that you've had time to try some what are some recommendations?

I've seen the Verus case that is slim but minimalist and drop protection and I've seem the Spigen exact fit thin ones.

Caseology case looks pretty good, the wavelength one... not sure about the design.

Also Ringke Ultra SLIM reviews.

I want to keep the thin feel but some protection. Right now I'm using the Insignia that best buy has.

Any good ones after you've had them?

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verus vs Spigen vs Caseology vs ???

http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-Verus-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4715461

My favorite out of the 5 or 6 that I have. It provides protection, isn't terribly thick, and shows the beautiful phone. Plus, it's a good looking case and doesn't take any of the phone's thunder.

Although it says crystal clear, it has these little dots that keep it from being totally transparent. Their purpose is to keep the case from sticking to the phone and looking like the phone is wrapped in saran wrap. Know what i mean?

The Obliq with the kick stand is a close second. I've heard the magnet issue has been resolved. That one IS crystal clear. Provides protection and isn't too thick.

http://www.amazon.com/Galaxy-OBLIQ-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4715461

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I have the Caseology Wavelength case, just got it Saturday. Very nice case and the ribbed back provides great grip. It also seems to provide very good drop protection without adding much bulk.

I also have the Caseology Vault case ordered and it shipped today, best I can tell. I'm not a real big fan of their Amazon store. Both cases were delayed and shipping is usps (slow).

I got an Incipio Dual Pro case from Verizon with my phone and that has worked fine until I could get the Caseology. The Incipio provides very good protection but IMO has no style to it at all.

I also have the Samsung cover, it provides no protection at all to speak of. It looks good and feels nice but is so minimal, it comes off way too easy.

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

If you can afford it get all three so you can switch it up. They are all around 15 bucks each on amazon.

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

I have the Caseology Wavelength case, just got it Saturday. Very nice case and the ribbed back provides great grip. It also seems to provide very good drop protection without adding much bulk.

I also have the Caseology Vault case ordered and it shipped today, best I can tell. I'm not a real big fan of their Amazon store. Both cases were delayed and shipping is usps (slow).

I got an Incipio Dual Pro case from Verizon with my phone and that has worked fine until I could get the Caseology. The Incipio provides very good protection but IMO has no style to it at all.

I also have the Samsung cover, it provides no protection at all to speak of. It looks good and feels nice but is so minimal, it comes off way too easy.

Was just looking at the Incipio Dual Pro on Amazon a few minutes ago.... Looks plain, but may provide some good protection.

Does it add some bulk to the phone or does it keep it slim?

anon(9228075)

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site

The Caseology looks very sleek on the site. I was just concerned the ribbing on the back might be a little too much. Do you have a pic of yours on? What color did you get?

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
The Verus range to me, is the best 'form' fitting case for the Note 5. And, to add, it isn't slippery as it looks. I have two now, the High-Pro Shield, in black and just received my red one yesterday...

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I prefer the look and feel of real leather and it actually did a pretty good job of keeping my phone from breaking with a 2' fall to the concrete hitting on a edge.

Pierre Cardin on Ebay

Posted from my AT&T 64 gig Black Sapphire leather wrapped Note 5

Attachments

• 203.jpg
    203.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 114

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm rocking this Verizon case until my Spigen Ultra hybrid, Neo hybrid, and Slim armor cases arrive! This case isn't too bad. It's a semi-soft case and bumper!

Posted via my Galaxy Note 5

Attachments

• 20150929_085559.jpg
    20150929_085559.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 20150929_085612.jpg
    20150929_085612.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 20150929_085620.jpg
    20150929_085620.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 20150929_085650.jpg
    20150929_085650.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 109

Kyle Hartman

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I have the Spigen Resilient case. Pretty good, though only had it for a few days. I read some reviews for other cases that said charge port is to small or tight but this one is fine. Case is minimal but gets the job done!

DvineMzM

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 5 Case, Verus [Crystal Bumper][Steel Silver] - [Clear][Drop Protection][Heavy Duty][Minimalistic][Slim Fit] - For Samsung Note 5 N920 Devices: Cell Phones & Accessories

My favorite out of the 5 or 6 that I have. It provides protection, isn't terribly thick, and shows the beautiful phone. Plus, it's a good looking case and doesn't take any of the phone's thunder.

Although it says crystal clear, it has these little dots that keep it from being totally transparent. Their purpose is to keep the case from sticking to the phone and looking like the phone is wrapped in saran wrap. Know what i mean?

The Obliq with the kick stand is a close second. I've heard the magnet issue has been resolved. That one IS crystal clear. Provides protection and isn't too thick.

Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 5 Case, OBLIQ [Naked Shield][Clear] - with {**NEW/Revised Version**}Kickstand Thin Slim Fit TPU Bumper Hard Hybrid Shock Resist Protective Clear Case: Cell Phones & Accessories

I've got the Verus in Mint... LOVE IT! It really is a great case.

JUVE123

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site

i have these exact two cases as well along with the ringke fusion. Do you feel like dust is getting trapped inside and when you remove your case it will scratch the metal frame? i always hesitate to remove the case

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I have the Caseology Wavelength case, just got it Saturday. Very nice case and the ribbed back provides great grip.

I ordered one as well and it should be here in a couple of days.

Does the ribbed back make it easier to keep the Note5 secure in my hand? My only concern is that the ribbed part will attract dust and sand....

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Go with the Spigen Crystal Hybrid. Very much like the Verus Crystal but the TPU is much nicer. I had both. Returned the Verus and made the Spigen my daily driver.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Go with the Spigen Crystal Hybrid. Very much like the Verus Crystal but the TPU is much nicer. I had both. Returned the Verus and made the Spigen my daily driver.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

I loved the Spigen case for my previous phone. Great fit and very pretty. Unfortunately, the clear TPU turned yellow in less than 2 months. Spigen was nice enough and sent me a replacement within a few day. The replacement case turned yellow after about 3 month. Their customer service told me that it unavoidable because I use my phone outdoors and in the car. The UV light from the sunlight degraded the TPU material. They made it sound like smartphones should only be used indoors or at night... :(

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

The Caseology looks very sleek on the site. I was just concerned the ribbing on the back might be a little too much. Do you have a pic of yours on? What color did you get?

I went with black. The ribbing makes it feel very secure in hand and really isn't a dust magnet. It doesn't add much bulk but at the same time seems very protective. I have the Caseology Vault on the way also. It reminds me of the official Samsung case I had on my Note 4. That was one of my favorite cases ever. This Wavelength is just as good as the Samsung case with a little different style. I think it actually looks very professional.

Attachments

• 1100.jpg
    1100.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 84