If you've owned a flip or wallet type case for a Note phone, what are your thoughts on it? I've always been weary of them, assuming the case would make it difficult to type on easily/quickly. And now, with the Note, does it interfere with quickly jotting down info with the S Pen? The Note 5 is my first Note phone and with all the conveniences it offers I'm tempted to add the convenience of a wallet style case. I also like the fact that my screen will be protected while the phone is in my purse. Please share your likes/dislikes of wallet cases based on you personal experiences. Thanks!
    09-28-2015 09:31 PM
    I used my Note 4 with a wallet. It is very Convenient. That's all I would carry, my phone with my license, debit card and medical ins. card.

ALL that Changed when I dropped it. The upper right corner wasn't protected enough. I dinged the case and the phone. The convenience comes at a cost if dropped the right (wrong) way. Also, the Spen didn't work where the magnet was. I think some of the newer cases bypass that some kind of way. All in all, wallet is great if it protects all corners of the phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-28-2015 10:01 PM
    And the wallet is bulky, but that didn't bother me. They are easy to fold in half to use the keyboard if that works better for you. I didn't find anything about it annoying until i dropped it. Again, just check that all corners are covered and you should be fine. That was a year ago, so I'm sure there are some higher quality ones now.

ctychick likes this.
    09-28-2015 10:04 PM
    I am also trying to decide on a good case for the Note 5. I have used a wallet/flip case on my previous phone, the HTC One, and did not like it at all. It makes using it 1 handed very difficult. And also for those times when one of your hand is holding something or you're waiting in line and want to look at your phone real quick, it is a bit annoying to remove the cover with 1 hand. I am still considering a view cover case though, so at least that way I can see some of my screen in those situations. I do think the flip cover cases look very nice, I am just not sure if I would get annoyed by it at some point.

The way I see it, the wallet case can provide some utility since you can carry your cards and stuff with you, but opening the cover is 1 extra step everytime you need to use your phone. If you don't usually carry a lot of stuff with you and just need the bare basics when you go out.. prob wallet/cards, phone, and keys, then maybe a wallet case would be good for you. But if you already have a purse and take a lot of stuff with you, you probably keep your wallet and phone separate. Plus when if I am using the phone at home, I don't really want to feel all the cards right there the entire time and don't feel like removing the cards and putting them back in everytime I go out. I dunno.. that's just me personally. I wouldn't get the wallet but I am considering the view cover case.

More input from people who have used view covers would be appreciated!
    09-29-2015 12:35 AM
    Judt got my note 5..love it... I likecto csrry my phones naked, however with this one i am puttimg a tempered glass screen protecter amd dbrands skin on the back.. I ll varry thst way for snort trips out, leather slim cit non magnetic closure for when im out, amd dont plsn on needing my phone much

09-29-2015 02:01 AM
    The new note 5 wallets cover the corners now.

beep
    09-29-2015 10:10 AM