samsung pay in bars and clubs.

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thoughts on samsung pay and use in places like restaurants (sit downs), bars, and clubs? Do you just give your phone over to the waiter and for them charge or do you walk to register with them?......or do you think eventually all restaurants will move to accommodate mobile pay? For example Chillis has a MST swipe at each table now.

Posted via the Android Central App

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm inclined to even walk up to registers with waiters. I've been in so many situations where I have left my wallet at home and all I have is my phone.

I'm very excited to use samsung pay at the gas station too!

Now if samsung could just get chase on board.

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Well, you couldn't give the waiter the phone because, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it requires fingerprint authorization like Apple Pay. As far as walking to the register with them, that's not something I'd personally do and I guess it'd be up to the individual waiter or manager, but number one it's more trouble than just handing over your card (unless you don't want to carry it or have a security concern), and number two I would feel both out of place and rude for making the waiter go through the extra steps just to accommodate my wishes. That's a personal thing, though, so I can't decide the last two factors for you, but the fingerprint thing, if I'm correct, would stop you dead in your tracks.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I don't think I'd be able to do it like that either. Maybe if they're cool.

Now I'm thinking to myself and I mostly use my cards at places where I hand the card over to them rather than slide it on my own. Only time I slide it on my own is at Target or CVS, basically.

I also thought you can't use it at at a gas station?

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You're right about the gas station. Just Googled it. Mobile pay is the future so I hope we get to a point where we can use it against all purchases.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
If the phone had to leave my hands to initiate the transaction, a card or cash is used. No exceptions!

r56mcs

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
You're right about the gas station. Just Googled it. Mobile pay is the future so I hope we get to a point where we can use it against all purchases.

I have been going inside the store and prepaying for gas with Samsung pay.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Thoughts on samsung pay and use in places like restaurants (sit downs), bars, and clubs? Do you just give your phone over to the waiter and for them charge or do you walk to register with them?

I would never let an employee hold my phone, let alone walk away with it while it's unlocked. Plus, they'd have to sprint to get to the card reader within a few seconds of your fingerprint scan.

anon(607340)

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I think it's hilarious how people react when they have to hand over their phone. OF COURSE you don't let someone walk off with your phone.. the funny part is, people allow servers to walk off with your CC or Debit Card ALL THE TIME at restaurants.. and that my friends is how most fraud happens.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
OF COURSE you don't let someone walk off with your phone.. the funny part is, people allow servers to walk off with your CC or Debit Card ALL THE TIME at restaurants.. and that my friends is how most fraud happens.

Handing over your phone is much worse. Credit-card fraud is inconvenient but you're not financially responsible for it. If you hand over your phone, you could lose several hundred dollars if the employee drops it. And if the phone is unlocked, a great deal of personal information and communication may be open to scrutiny--far more than just a credit-card number.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Thoughts on samsung pay and use in places like restaurants (sit downs), bars, and clubs? Do you just give your phone over to the waiter and for them charge or do you walk to register with them?......or do you think eventually all restaurants will move to accommodate mobile pay? For example Chillis has a MST swipe at each table now.

NO! Do not give your phone to another person especially if they have to take it out of your presence to perform the transaction....you might not see the phone again

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2